TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Zorin Industries

Chalabi home raided

Guest MikeSC
Surprised no-one has brought this up...

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/middle_east/3734443.stm

The suspicion has always been that Chalabi was a bit dodgy, surprised to see such drastic action being taken just a month before the handover though

Perhaps this actually HELPS the Governing Council, since people will have a harder time calling him our puppet.

-=Mike

Guest Cerebus

I found it funny that a few weeks ago liberal pundits couldn't put Chalabi down enough on how he was an American stooge, how he passed falsified information to the Americans, and had virtually no public support among Iraqis. Then suddenly he becomes a martyr and Iraqi Chalabi "supporters" appear out of the woodwork. :blink:

Guest Cerebus

Update:

U.S. officials believe they have "rock solid" evidence that Iraqi Governing Council member Ahmad Chalabi (search), once a darling of the American government, passed secrets to Iran, Fox News has learned.

Defense officials also told Fox News there was speculation that INC members allegedly shared information with Iran (search) and misused funds and property belonging to the Iraqi Governing Council.

I found it funny that a few weeks ago liberal pundits couldn't put Chalabi down enough on how he was an American stooge, how he passed falsified information to the Americans, and had virtually no public support among Iraqis. Then suddenly he becomes a martyr and Iraqi Chalabi "supporters" appear out of the woodwork. :blink:

Like any of the people you're talking about would have had any kind of inside clue on this kind of stuff.

Still, they were right in the sense that he couldn't be trusted, it was just they thought for the OMGHATEAMERICAFIRST reason instead.

Guest Cerebus
I found it funny that a few weeks ago liberal pundits couldn't put Chalabi down enough on how he was an American stooge, how he passed falsified information to the Americans, and had virtually no public support among Iraqis. Then suddenly he becomes a martyr and Iraqi Chalabi "supporters" appear out of the woodwork.  :blink:

Like any of the people you're talking about would have had any kind of inside clue on this kind of stuff.

Still, they were right in the sense that he couldn't be trusted, it was just they thought for the OMGHATEAMERICAFIRST reason instead.

Jobber, I'm just saying I never read about local "Chalabi supporters" until the US came down hard on him. In fact, everything I read from Spencer Ackerman (the one liberal pundit whose articles on Iraq I enjoy/trust) was that Chalabi had so little support among Iraqis that it was a huge mistake to prop him up as head of the governing council. Yet, this scandal breaks, and I'm reading comments from those same almost non-existant Chalabit supporters.