Sign in to follow this  
r4g

THE REALLYYYYYYY BIG JEFF PETERSON CUP THREAD

img20.jpg

ALREADY SIGNED NONTOURNAMENT MATCHES:

FRIDAY

Brandon All Stars

9940 Currie Davis Drive, Suite C-02

Brandon, FL (If Using Mapquest Use TAMPA, FL)

The Shane Brothers w/ "Hardcore Giant" Ron Niemi vs "Wildcat" Chris Harris and "Modern Miracle" Steve Madison

Lex Lovett vs Colt Cabana

Zach Gowen, Jerelle Clark and Chi Chi Cruz vs O.G. Scarface w/ Ana Mosity, Bug and Erick Stevens!

--------------------

SATURDAY AFTERNOON

June 5th Belltime is 2:00pm

The St Petersburg National Guard Armory

3601 38th Ave South

St Petersburg, FL

813-417-4922

BRACKET B

The Winner of TEDDY HART vs AZRIEAL will face the Winner of PUMA VS MIKEY TENDERFOOT

The Winner of NAPHTALI VS PETEY WILLIAMS will face the Winner of JUSTICE VS JACK EVANS

Also Featuring:

April Hunter vs Krissy Vaine vs Jenny Taylor

Last Man Standing Elimination Match: David Babylon vs Phil Latio vs Bug vs Krazy K vs Chasyn Rance vs Mikey Batts vs John Brooks

Z-Barr vs Jeff Bradley

-----------------

SATURDAY EVENING

June 5th Belltime is 8:00pm

The St Petersburg National Guard Armory

3601 38th Ave South

St Petersburg, FL

813-417-4922

Semi-Finals and then the Finals of Jeff Peterson Memorial Cup with Winner of Block A Facing Winner of Block B

Bruce Steele vs Slyk Wagner Brown

Scoot Andrews vs Colt Cabana

Rod Steel vs Zach Gowen

NWA World Jr. Heavyweight Champion Jerelle Clark will defend his Title

NWA Southern Champion Mike Sullivan will defend his Title

Double Deuce (Frankie Capone and Marcus Dillon) vs Clinically Inclined (Dr. Heresey and someone else)

----------

Anyone and everyone please post here and give us some predictions on the biggest show in Florida in years, the Peterson Cup. Also, to donate money for the Tarpon Springs Cops and Kids program, as well as a young girl named Bailee who is currently dying of cancer, click HERE and click on the "Donate Money" button

Hope to see as many people as possible down here for a fucking unbelievable weekend.

Predictions on the tournament?

Round 1

Roderick Strong over Sedrick Strong

Alex Shelley over Jimmy Jacobs

Homicide over Black Tiger

Chris Hero over Striker

Petey Williams over Naphtali

Justice over Jack Evans

Teddy Hart over Azrieal

Mikey Tenderfoot over Puma

Round 2

Roderick Strong over Alex Shelley

Chris Hero over Homicide

Justice over Petey Williams

Teddy Hart over Mikey Tenderfoot

Semis

Roderick Strong over Chris Hero

Teddy Hart over Justice

Finals

Roderick Strong over Teddy Hart

Roderick Strong over Sedrick Strong

Alex Shelley over Jimmy Jacobs

Chris Hero over Striker

Homicide over Black Tigers

Teddy Hart over Azrieal

Mikey Tenderfoot over Puma

Petey Williams over Naphtali

Justice over Jack Evans

Roderick Strong over Alex Shelley

Chris Hero over Homicide

Teddy Hart over Mikey Tenderfoot

Petey Williams over Justice

Roderick Strong over Chris Hero

Teddy Hart over Petey Williams

Roderick Strong over Teddy Hart

A few changes to the tournament but it is still a very strong field, and I still see Roderick Strong winning it. This could easily be show of the year from any promotion, so I hope it delivers for the cause.

Looks like a great tourney for an even greater cause. Hero vs. Homicide in round 2 should be great. But overall I think Roderick Strong will probably win the whole thing.

I'll make sure to buy this when it's released...

Guest Markingout

I'll be driving upstate to check it out. I am so excited. Roderick will probably win, but I don't think Teddy will make it to the finals. It's too predictable.

Guest Evolution

From 1wrestling.com

The 2004 Jeff Peterson Memorial Cup started in Brandon, Florida at the Brandon All-Stars hosted night one on June 4th while two shows were held in St. Petersburg on Saturday June 5th in the St. Petersburg Armory. All three events had over 375 fans.

In Bracket A of the 2004 Jeff Peterson Memorial Cup, the results are as follows:

Roderick Strong def. Sedrick Strong

Alex Shelley def. Jimmy Jacobs

Chris Hero def. Matt Striker

Homicide def. Black Tigers

Bracket B went as follows:

Teddy Hart def. Azrieal

Mikey Tenderfoot def. Puma

Petey Williams def. Naphtali

Justice def. Jack Evans

Non-tournament matches.

Danny Doring w/ VüDü defeated Z-Barr & Slyk Wagner Brown w/ April Hunter

Lex Lovett defeated Colt Cabana

Zack Gowen, Chi-Chi Cruz & Jerrelle Clark defeated The Bug, Erick Stevens & OG Scarface w/ Ana Mosity

The Shane Twins w/ Ron Niemi & 911 Referee Eric Loy defeated Steve Madison & Mike Sullivan w/ XTC Jenni Lee.

2004 Jeff Peterson Memorial Cup Day Show

Second Round Matches

(1.) Teddy Hart defeated Mikey Tenderfoot

(2.) Justice defeated Petey Williams

(3.) Roderick Strong gained a victory over Alex Shelley

(4.) Chris Hero moved forward in the tournament due to the fact that Homicide gained an injury

Non-Tournament Matches

(5.) April Hunter defeated Jenni Taylor and Krissy Vaine

(6.) Luther “Bodybag” Jackson beats OG Scarface with Ana Mosity

(7.) The Last Man Standing Match Naphtali was the winner of the match. He defeated the following superstars: David Babylon, Krazy K, Lit, Mikey Batts, Andre Lyons and Chasyn Rance

(8.) PNW Heavyweight champion Cuban Assassin w/Fantasy defeated Jeremy Lopez

(9.) John Brooks, Chi Chi Cruz, and Azrieal defeated Puma, Matt Striker, and Sedrick Strong

(10.) Jeff Bradley and Jimmy Jacobs gained a victory over The Bug and Z-Barr.

2004 Jeff Peterson Memorial Cup evening show

Tournament semi-final matches:

Due to an injured knee from his match with Mikey Tenderfoot, Teddy Hart withdrew himself from the tournament. Because of this NWA FL officials made the finals a three way encounter between Chris Hero, Roderick Strong and Justice.

Tournament Final:

Justice defeated Roderick Strong and Chris Hero in a match that should be considered on anyone’s match of the year lists. Former IPW cruiserweight champion and long time opponent and friend of Jeff Peterson, Jet Jaguar refereed the match.

Non tournament matches:

Mikey Tenderfoot/Black Tigers defeated Alex Shelley/Petey Williams

2004 Rage in the Cage winner Bruce Steele defeated Slyk Wagner Brown w/April Hunter

“Tenacious Z” Zach Gowen defeated Rod Steel w/911 referee Eric Loy

“Black Nature Boy” Scoot Andrews w/”Primo” Robby Mireno defeated “Classic” Colt Cabana

NWA Southern Heavyweight Champion “Freedom Ryder” Mike Sullivan w/XTC Jenni Lee defeated “Dastardly” Danny Doring w/VüDü

NWA World J. Heavyweight champion “Mr. 630” Jerrelle Clark defeated Azrieal w/Jack Evans

Lex Lovett/Steve Madison defeated the Shane Twins w/Ron Niemi with “Honest” Eddie Edwards as referee

Double Deuce Inc (“Uptown” Frankie Capone/Marcus Dillon w/Cannon) defeated Clinically Inclined (Dr. Heresy/ Andre Lyons)

Guest Markingout

In Bracket A of the 2004 Jeff Peterson Memorial Cup, the results are as follows:

Roderick Strong def. Sedrick Strong- Excellent match. It came off really great live. Roderick was super stiff, and Sederick had good comeback points. One of the best matches of the whole tourney. Sederick had a head injury after the super sick ended. A cross armed Tiger driver 98'. This one was alot better than. B-Boy's weak version

Alex Shelley def. Jimmy Jacobs- Really short. I expected alot more, still not a bad match.

Chris Hero def. Matt Striker- It was short, but a nice little technical encounter which saw some really cool counters.

Homicide def. Black Tigers- I love Homicide. The match was eh, but Homicide's new frusterated gimmick rules. He injured his hand in this alright contest.

Bracket B went as follows:

Teddy Hart def. Azrieal- Oh man. I ate up every second of this match. I really enjoyed it, Azriel had the perfect timing for his comebacks. Including one where, he was on his knee's, and he punched Teddy's gut, then Teddy responds with nasty knees to the face. This continued for 20 seconds or so. The finish was awesome. Azriel looked to have the advantage, but some how Teddy, had gotten him in the Gory Guerrero Special position. From here Hart pulled foward, and Azriel went totally over Harts head and landed like a powerbomb! I believe he calls this the Hart Rate.

Mikey Tenderfoot def. Puma- Puma rules. I love his style. Tenderfoot isn't bad by any means. We saw from nice knee psychology by Puma on Tenderfoot's knee. I liked this match, one of the best of this night.

Petey Williams def. Naphtali- A nice little encounter. I feared for Naphtali's health, though. He tried a SSP to the outside, and saw that he over shot, it and came crashing down on his side. Petey still won with a Canadian Destroyer. I love that move.

Justice def. Jack Evans- AMAZING. It was 6 minute of non stop action. Literally. The first chain was one of the best chains you will ever see. The out of no where, Evans starts to hit standing 450s, standing 360 SSPs. Justice prevails with that 360 kick to the face of Evans. Evans dropped himself on his head for the sell. I love Evans.

Non-tournament matches.

Danny Doring w/ VüDü defeated Z-Barr & Slyk Wagner Brown w/ April Hunter- Not a bad opener. Kind of forgetable. Z-Barr owns.

Lex Lovett defeated Colt Cabana- Man, Lex Lovett is awesome. I can't wait for him to break out. Colt brought the goofiness, but he had to bring the wrestling skills vs Lovett. I liked this match alot.

Zack Gowen, Chi-Chi Cruz & Jerrelle Clark defeated The Bug, Erick Stevens & OG Scarface w/ Ana Mosity- The heat for this was incredible. A not bad little match.

The Shane Twins w/ Ron Niemi & 911 Referee Eric Loy defeated Steve Madison & Mike Sullivan w/ XTC Jenni Lee.- I remember the opening sequence with the ensterio dives. The match wasn't bad, I guess. Just went too long. It had a nice story though

2004 Jeff Peterson Memorial Cup Day Show

Second Round Matches

(1.) Teddy Hart defeated Mikey Tenderfoot- Tenderfoot was good here. Teddy pulled a worked shoot with his arm here. A really good match. It came off nice live.

(2.) Justice defeated Petey Williams- I don't remember much... Not rememberable. All I remember is the 450 for the win.

(3.) Roderick Strong gained a victory over Alex Shelley- AWESOME! Alex Shelley is simply phenomenal. The battle of the GenX members was great. I loved every second of it

(4.) Chris Hero moved forward in the tournament due to the fact that Homicide gained an injury- Hero started to play heel, when Homicide announced he was out. Heel Hero owns all.

Non-Tournament Matches

(5.) April Hunter defeated Jenni Taylor and Krissy Vaine- meh

(6.) Luther “Bodybag” Jackson beats OG Scarface with Ana Mosity- meh. OG Scarface is good though.

(7.) The Last Man Standing Match Naphtali was the winner of the match. He defeated the following superstars: David Babylon, Krazy K, Lit, Mikey Batts, Andre Lyons and Chasyn Rance- I remember this. A fun little contest. Naphtali didn't get to dive because everyone kept moving. I remember Lyons did a super sweet moonsault from the top to the outside.

(8.) PNW Heavyweight champion Cuban Assassin w/Fantasy defeated Jeremy Lopez- boring

(9.) John Brooks, Chi Chi Cruz, and Azrieal defeated Puma, Matt Striker, and Sedrick Strong- I dig it. A fun 6 man opener. We saw great work from Striker.

(10.) Jeff Bradley and Jimmy Jacobs gained a victory over The Bug and Z-Barr- OH MAN! Jacobs rules. This wacky tag match was really entertaining. Jimmy Jacobs did a dive of a moving trash can. That was awesome.

2004 Jeff Peterson Memorial Cup evening show

Tournament semi-final matches:

Due to an injured knee from his match with Mikey Tenderfoot, Teddy Hart withdrew himself from the tournament. Because of this NWA FL officials made the finals a three way encounter between Chris Hero, Roderick Strong and Justice.- :(

Tournament Final:

Justice defeated Roderick Strong and Chris Hero in a match that should be considered on anyone’s match of the year lists. Former IPW cruiserweight champion and long time opponent and friend of Jeff Peterson, Jet Jaguar refereed the match.- Not a MOTYC, but phenomenal. Great match. Hero and Roderick's wrestling was good, and Justice comeback points were great because the whole match Hero and Roderick were beating down on Justice with brutal chops. "First you must stun him, then chop him!", Hero is gold.

Non tournament matches:

Mikey Tenderfoot/Black Tigers defeated Alex Shelley/Petey Williams- I just remember the really nasty finish, of when Petey performed the Canadian Destroyer, and in the air Shelly pushed his feet to go over even more. Really great finish here.

2004 Rage in the Cage winner Bruce Steele defeated Slyk Wagner Brown w/April Hunter- Meh.

“Tenacious Z” Zach Gowen defeated Rod Steel w/911 referee Eric Loy- Meh

“Black Nature Boy” Scoot Andrews w/”Primo” Robby Mireno defeated “Classic” Colt Cabana- A nice little encounter. The finish was sick. It was a piledriver while Colt's stomach was on Scoot's shoulder, then Scoot drover his head to the mat not even sitting out.

NWA Southern Heavyweight Champion “Freedom Ryder” Mike Sullivan w/XTC Jenni Lee defeated “Dastardly” Danny Doring w/VüDü- Boring

NWA World J. Heavyweight champion “Mr. 630” Jerrelle Clark defeated Azrieal w/Jack Evans- An entertaining encounter. Clark won with the aw-inspiring 630 splash.

Lex Lovett/Steve Madison defeated the Shane Twins w/Ron Niemi with “Honest” Eddie Edwards as referee- Meh, I just remember on of the Twins get cut up hardway.

Double Deuce Inc (“Uptown” Frankie Capone/Marcus Dillon w/Cannon) defeated Clinically Inclined (Dr. Heresy/ Andre Lyons)- boring.

Petey Williams def. Naphtali- A nice little encounter. I feared for Naphtali's health, though. He tried a SSP to the outside, and saw that he over shot, it and came crashing down on his side.

Try on the side of his temple.

Guest DeputyHawk

What were the three respective main events? Match order seems a little out of synch what with tourney and non-tourney matches being listed separately.

I'm assuming Justice/Hero/Roderick went on last on the Saturday night show, but what were the final matches on the other two shows? Thanks in advance.