TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Styles

Official TNA Preview 6-9-04

preview2.jpg

THE NEW KING OF THE MOUNTAIN

NWA WORLD HEAVYWEIGHT CHAMPION JEFF JARRETT TO APPEAR

jj.jpg

True to his prediction, Jeff Jarrett walked into the Friday debut of Impact on Fox Sports Net the new NWA World Heavyweight Champion! According to Jarrett, he plans to appear on Wednesday's Pay-Per-View in grand fashion as the new TNA "King Of The Mountain"! The question is, after Friday's Impact, will Ron "The Truth" Killings and the rest of 3Live Kru be there to exact revenge? Tune in and find out!

preview1.jpg

X CHAMPIONSHIP MATCH

CHAMPION KAZARIAN VS. AJ STYLES

Friday's Impact also saw the surprise return of The Phenomenal AJ Styles to the X Division, as he won a four superstar X bout to determine the new number one contender to the X Championship! As a result, the former NWA World Champion will face X Champ Kazarian this Wednesday night on Pay-Per-View in what is sure to be a human highlight reel! Two of TNA's top X style superstars will face off in what could go down as an epic match! Can Styles reclaim the X Division title once more? Tune in and find out!

FOR THE NWA WORLD TAG TEAM TITLE

THE FAN'S CHOICE MATCH!

AMERICA'S MOST WANTED VS. ???

Another shocking turn of events took place on Friday's Impact as America's Most Wanted - Wildcat Chris Harris and James Storm - reunited to defeat Kid Kash and Dallas for the NWA World Tag Team Title! Now, the fans play matchmaker as you can vote who AMW will defend the gold against this Wednesday night on Pay-Per-View! Voting will take place up until show time on the website, and we'll announce the results live on the broadcast! If you haven't voted yet, make sure you visit out main page!

TEAM MEXICO AND TEAM NWA JOIN FORCES!

JERRY LYNN, HECTOR GARZA AND HEAVY METAL

VS. TEAM CANADA W/ MANAGER SCOTT D'AMORE

The bad blood from the World X Cup culminates this Wednesday night live on Pay-Per-View as Team Mexico and Team NWA join forces! Jerry Lynn, Hector Garza and Heavy Metal will finally attempt to end the tactics of Team Canada when they face them in six man X style action this Wednesday night! Can Lynn, Garza and Heavy Metal figure out a way to counteract Canadian manager Scott D'Amore, or will the talented Team Canada continue their winning ways?

FORMER X CHAMPIONS COLLIDE

xchamps.jpg

CHRIS SABIN VS. MICHAEL SHANE

The longstanding and bitter feud between former X Champions CHris Sabin and Michael Shane re-ignited on Friday's Impact, and as a result TNA officials have signed the two high-flyers to face off this Wednesday night live on Pay-Per-View! With the X Division once again heating up, both superstars will be jockeying for a power position for a potential future X Title shot!

FOUR CORNERS "GUT CHECK" MATCH

SONJAY DUTT VS. D-RAY 3000 VS. SHARKBOY VS. DAVID YOUNG

Four TNA superstars will be looking to impress TNA matchmakers this Wednesday night in another "Gut Check" match! The bout will feature former Team NWA member Sonjay Dutt, newcomer D-Ray 3000, the returning Sharkboy and the superstar currently on the longest losing streak ever - David Young! What lengths with these superstars go to win the bout and impress NA officials? Tune in and find out!

ALL THIS AND MUCH MORE - INCLUDING 3LIVE KRU, RAVEN, THE NEW YORK CONNECTION, TRINITY AND MANY MORE OF YOUR FAVORITE TNA SUPERSTARS! LIVE ON PAY-PER-VIEW!

Well theres two matchs there I'd definatly want to see. Styles vs Kazarian, and Sabin vs Shane. I'm glad Sabins back after his injury, I really enjoy watching the guy work. Theres just something about him that makes me really enjoy everything he does, he's got kind of an x-factor about him. Styles vs Kazarian should be pretty good, I never saw the match the two had for the NWA title I think it was, but IIRC I heard good things about it so this should be no different.

The Styles/Kazarian match will get **** from me automatically if they do the Styles Clash '03~! again. My God is that sick.

Overall, it looks to be a decent show. Now, can we get some news on the Impact I'm going to be missing thanks to f'n COMCAST.

Guest Salacious Crumb

Wow, the show is almost completely X Division action this week. I think they should've had the winner of the Sabin/Shane bout face the winner of Kazarian/Styles on Impact. This could easily be on the best TNA PPVs ever if XXX ends up being the opponent for AMW.

Guest The Last Free Voice

Well, this is the best looking preliminary line up they have put out in months. Kazarian vs. AJ should be good-really good, Shane and Sabin seem to gel pretty well, hopfully the poll isn't rigged so we can get XXX again, and the six man should be okay. Hopefully Young isn't involved though.

And boy, did Sonjay get dropped or what? He goes from Team NWA, to losing the last two to Red, to being in a Jobber match? If he loses this we know SOMETHING went wrong somewhere. Could he have been one of the guys who spoke out against TNA's booking policy?

I liked Kazarian/AJ last year even if it was a big clusterfuck. This show sounds pretty good, I will probably order.

I'm not sure if I should break my promise or not...because this lineup looks really good...however!

The longstanding and bitter feud between former X Champions CHris Sabin and Michael Shane re-ignited on Friday's Impact, and as a result TNA officials have signed the two high-flyers to face off this Wednesday night live on Pay-Per-View! With the X Division once again heating up, both superstars will be jockeying for a power position for a potential future X Title shot!

Since when is Michael Shane a high-flyer? He does a flying elbow drop now and then, and that's it. Face it, TNA: the X-Division title is a Cruiserweight title now, and has been since you brought Dutch aboard. Just rename it, already.

Guest JacK

Why the 'gut check' match's. What the hell is a gut check? It doesn't sound like something that belongs in a wrestling match! What the hell is it? Do they compare who has better abs? Are their mirrors in each of the four corners which they stare into to see the better abs? What do they do? It's the stupidest sounding name for a match I've ever heard! What's wrong with 'Fatal Four Way' or 'Four Way Dance'

And why would Sharky/Young/Dutt need to impress TNA officials? They've all been around for a while, hell Dutt was on Team NWA! The whole match sounds ridiculously stupid. At least Sharky/Young/Dutt are good though, so it should be a decent match. But it sure sounds stupid.

Gutcheck was the name of the whole TNA wrestling school thingamabob. However, the name and participants of this match really does make it seem like a jobber match, making it so that they're trying to impress officials for a spot in the company.

Guest JacK

Yeah . . . but they've all been on TV for a long time bar fro-boy. It does not make sense! Chewbacca, ewok etc etc.

If it were people who weren't regulars, then maybe it wouldn't sound so stupid . . . but it does! Sharky, Dutt and Young (well, Sharky doesn't have too many) all have a number of victories . . . over not-jobber people too . . . so why would victory in a jobber match impress anyone at all??

And I thought the whole wrestling school thingo involved an actual gutcheck . . . if it didn't that's even stupider. Does the madness never end???

The idea they're pushing is that the winner of the match gets a regular TNA contract, since TNA has always pushed the "open door policy" for their undercarders. Going on that premise, expect Sonjay to win since he really did just sign a contract.

1. Styles vs. Kazarian. this should be the main event, and it could go either way. Kazarian could beat Styles, and get a HUGE rub to build up himself and the title. or Styles could win, which would be fine (despite burying Frankie). either way, as long as no one gets buried and we get a Styles vs. Daniels fued, i'll be happy.

2. Lynn/Garza/Metal vs. Team Canada. good stuff. Team Canada is really growing on me as an X Division heel faction.

3. Sabin vs. Shane, which makes absolutely no sense! they fueded, like, months ago! plus, Shane just isn't X Division style. so like Lazarus said, why bill him in an X Division match?? Shane was doing great as a midcarder with the Franchise angle, but TNA royally screwed that pooch. Shane should've defeated Douglas and continued his act. no way should he be back in the X Division.

4. AMW vs. ???. if it doesn't turn out to be XXX, then we got screwed. AMW and Skipper/Daniels are really the only viable tag teams TNA has. but AMW vs. XXX was a helluva fued, so why not relive it for the new viewers. it may draw them in. otherwise, bring back the Naturals and create some decent teams.

5. Gut Check. X Division action, although its good to see Sharky back. hopefully, this'll mean something like getting a shot at the X Title. actually, i'd like to have seen a good midcard match here. every division in TNA is represented on this show except for that one. maybe they'll tack that on come Wednesday.

6. Jeff Jarrett will appear, and i'll not bother making a snide remark. the fact is, Jeff as champion only works if it leads up to a title loss. and since Jeff is so damned gunshy when it comes to jobbing, we could be in for a Reign of Terror. even though Jeff's the champ, the real angle is the guys gunning for him. Killings, Raven, Sabu, and even Dusty Freakin' Rhodes have viable fueds with him for the title (not that Dusty should win it). build up to Raven vs. Jarrett 2, as that'll make the most money. the crowd reactions to Raven now prove that he's as big a star as Jeff has ever been.

THE NEW KING OF THE MOUNTAIN

NWA WORLD HEAVYWEIGHT CHAMPION JEFF JARRETT TO APPEAR

True to his prediction, Jeff Jarrett walked into the Friday debut of Impact on Fox Sports Net the new NWA World Heavyweight Champion! According to Jarrett, he plans to appear on Wednesday's Pay-Per-View in grand fashion as the new TNA "King Of The Mountain"! The question is, after Friday's Impact, will Ron "The Truth" Killings and the rest of 3Live Kru be there to exact revenge? Tune in and find out!

Looks like this a just a set up for a 3 Live Kru/Jarrett altercation while they save the match. I'm looking for Jarrett to have some back-up somewhere, though I don't know who yet (maybe Kash & Dallas?) and Gorgeous George to be involved somehow too.

X CHAMPIONSHIP MATCH

CHAMPION KAZARIAN VS. AJ STYLES

Friday's Impact also saw the surprise return of The Phenomenal AJ Styles to the X Division, as he won a four superstar X bout to determine the new number one contender to the X Championship! As a result, the former NWA World Champion will face X Champ Kazarian this Wednesday night on Pay-Per-View in what is sure to be a human highlight reel! Two of TNA's top X style superstars will face off in what could go down as an epic match! Can Styles reclaim the X Division title once more? Tune in and find out!

I'm not sure what's to happen here, but I'm sure it will be a fantastic match. I think they'll hold off on giving Styles the title to make the new fans want it more, so Kazarian will probably get a cheap win and then get to brag out how cool it is to have beaten the founder of the X Division. This win could legitimize his reign and as long as Styles is protected, they're could be money in a rematch.

FOR THE NWA WORLD TAG TEAM TITLE

THE FAN'S CHOICE MATCH!

AMERICA'S MOST WANTED VS. ???

Another shocking turn of events took place on Friday's Impact as America's Most Wanted - Wildcat Chris Harris and James Storm - reunited to defeat Kid Kash and Dallas for the NWA World Tag Team Title! Now, the fans play matchmaker as you can vote who AMW will defend the gold against this Wednesday night on Pay-Per-View! Voting will take place up until show time on the website, and we'll announce the results live on the broadcast! If you haven't voted yet, make sure you visit out main page!

We all know this is gonna be a rematch, and I'm sure AMW will retain. I don't know how you protect Kash and Dallas though, who I think have some value as a team.

TEAM MEXICO AND TEAM NWA JOIN FORCES!

JERRY LYNN, HECTOR GARZA AND HEAVY METAL

VS. TEAM CANADA W/ MANAGER SCOTT D'AMORE

The bad blood from the World X Cup culminates this Wednesday night live on Pay-Per-View as Team Mexico and Team NWA join forces! Jerry Lynn, Hector Garza and Heavy Metal will finally attempt to end the tactics of Team Canada when they face them in six man X style action this Wednesday night! Can Lynn, Garza and Heavy Metal figure out a way to counteract Canadian manager Scott D'Amore, or will the talented Team Canada continue their winning ways?

Team Canada should go over here because I think they are in line for a push. Should be another fantastic match.

Sabin should win here. Another good one.

FOUR CORNERS "GUT CHECK" MATCH

SONJAY DUTT VS. D-RAY 3000 VS. SHARKBOY VS. DAVID YOUNG

Four TNA superstars will be looking to impress TNA matchmakers this Wednesday night in another "Gut Check" match! The bout will feature former Team NWA member Sonjay Dutt, newcomer D-Ray 3000, the returning Sharkboy and the superstar currently on the longest losing streak ever - David Young! What lengths with these superstars go to win the bout and impress NA officials? Tune in and find out!

Dutt will most likely win here, although he shouldn't be in this match.

Show looks strong this week for sure. Top to bottom not bad at all, hell, even the "gut check" match might be alright.

One thing I would like to see them continue is a max of 5 matches a week if at all possible. That (in theory) allows each match to have a decent amount of time, and allows enough time to do angles, interviews, etc as well.

The more 5-10 minute matches can be saved for Impact and Explosion.