TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Doomsault

X Box Soundtracks

Guest Doomsault

Okay, just bought an X Box, so far I've got Halo, Breakdown, Freedom Fighters, and Max Payne. Anyway, I know there is a way to copy music onto your X Box and use that as your soundtrack to your game, I copied the music but I'm not sure how to get it playing during the game. Can someone help me out?

I've been wondering the same thing. I think games have to have special options for it, like Raw letting you use a certain theme on the hard drive as entrance music.

However, the question is best left to vet X-Boxers who actually know what they're talking about. I don't know much more than you about the subject.

Guest Doomsault

I have actually seen someone do it on Halo so it's driving me crazy that I can't have The Trooper by Iron Maiden playing while running over aliens in a Warthog. Imagine that on Medal of Honor.

Well, not all games have the option for custom soundtracks. Those games you mentioned probably don't have the option.

I have actually seen someone do it on Halo so it's driving me crazy that I can't have The Trooper by Iron Maiden playing while running over aliens in a Warthog.  Imagine that on Medal of Honor.

That might, MIGHT make me want to buy Halo eventually, after all.

You could, you know, just turn on your CD player.

Guest Doomsault

Yeah I guess I could just use my cd player but the action sounds of the game and the music would clash and ruin the experience.

I don't want to fuck with that mod shit, my friends box is fubar because of it. I looked it up on Google and it said I need some music editor or something, does anyone know what this is and if I really need it?

Don't get X-Box Music Mixer, if that's what it's referring to. A total waste of $30. I got a microphone and essentially a karaoke disc. I was looking forward to making phat-up techno mixes to race or fight to, but noooooooo...

Don't get X-Box Music Mixer, if that's what it's referring to. A total waste of $30. I got a microphone and essentially a karaoke disc. I was looking forward to making phat-up techno mixes to race or fight to, but noooooooo...

Yeah dude your actually gonna want Music Maker thats coming out later this month to make music. All Music Mixer is karaoke basically and Music Maker is actually produced I beleave by MTV and will have FunkMaster Flex's name on it, so that could be worth a bit of credit for it i guess. Anywho back to the topic. Most action adventure games like Halo, Max Payne etc, etc.. don't use the custom soundtrack feature. It's mainly sports games and racing games and a few other types of games that are out there. The way you know is by checking the back of case that the game comes in. There's a chart on the back of each case that will tell you, basically if the feature is on there the color of the outline that surrounds the title of the feature will be brighted and bolder while the features that aren't on the game are darken. I know Halo doesn't let you use custom, Max Payne doesn't, Breakdown I'm pretty sure doesn't and Freedom Fighters is a maybe at the most. Try sports games and racing, I know Project Gothem Racing 2 does let you use custom soundtracks. Raw 2 does let you use soundtracks for enternaces of wrestlers, basically it varies from game to game.

You haven't truly played an X-Box until you're screaming around Nurburgring in a Porsche 911 GT1, taking a banked turn at 140mph while "Mona Lisa Overdrive" from The Matrix Reloaded plays and you're trying to shake the Enzo Ferrari and TVR Cerbera Speed 12 that are on your tail and trying to pass you.

Guest Doomsault

I'm not sure how but my friend but Sum 41 as the soundtrack for his Halo game, yeah I know they suck but I sat there and watched him do it. It was about three years or so ago and I don't remember how.