TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Anglesault

Oh, that edge!-spoiler

Guest Anglesault

From rajah

"Medal" hits, and Kurt Angle makes his way out for his big T-Shirt debut. As with most special occasions, the ring is covered in red carpet, and an easel stands in the middle of the ring, covered by a black sheet.

Angle knows that most people hate hicks from Illinois, but not him. He loves all his fans. Even though this city is called "Peoria", which sounds more like a urinary infection than a town, he knows they are all honored to have an Olympic Hero in their presence.

He can't help but notice how morbidly obese most of these people are. But for once, it's to their advantage. Tonight, he's unveiling the brand new Kurt Angle T-Shirt, designed by Kurt, available only in XXL and larger. Why XXL? You need all the space you can to print "European Champion, Intercontinental Champion, King of the Ring, 2-time WWF Champion, Olympic Champion, National Champion" just to name a few of his accomplishments.

Now, the fans may say that, because they're fat and have bad skin, wouldn't wearing the shirt be like living a lie? Yes, it would. But Kurt thinks it's ok, because the people will at least feel like winners.

Edge comes out and down to the ring. Angle asks what the hell Edge is doing here. Angle beat Edge 1-2-3 at Backlash, so why is he here? Edge says that they had one hell of a match at Backlash. Kurt has a new shirt, and Edge wants to congratulate him. He wants to see the shirt. Angle asks if he's serious, to which Edge replies that, after the match they had, he's dead serious. Angle says he knew Edge would come around.

They shake hands, and Angle gathers the photographers around for the unveiling. He takes the sheet off, revealing a black shirt that says "You Suck" on it. Kurt begins his prepared speech before actually seeing the shirt. Angle tells them to stop taking pictures. Edge says that the shirt is totally Angle. He asks for the music that inspired the fashion masterpiece. Angle's theme plays as Edge marches up the ring.

Oh, that Edge is just a laugh a minute. Looks like THE MOST BORING FEUD EVER~! gets to continue!

Guest One Bad Apple

Did you really need to start another thread about this thing?  You certainly are a bona fide jackass!  That's right ... bona fide!

Hey, and speaking of ... "bonas" ... I think I can see where yours is right now, oh ho ho!

YAY!!!!!!!! FEAR THE SPEAR~!

Startin' to drip on your chest a little.

Guest cobainwasmurdered

::CWM is too stupid to get the joke so instead he GORES OBA::

can we move this thread to No holds bar *PLEASE*

Guest One Bad Apple
::CWM is too stupid to get the joke so instead he GORES OBA::

You seem too stupid for lotsa things.

What, am I supposed to respond to this with another stupid message-attack?  Because if I am, I'm, like ... not gonna.

Concerning the feud ... I don't like it much, either, but I'd say that's as much Kurt's fault as Edge's.  Angle hasn't entertained me much on the mike in the past few months, but that could probably be attributed to him not getting much to work with.  His ring performance has been pretty bland, too.  Edge's work has at least kept me somewhat interested.

On the mike, though, Edge is a pretty dull dandy.  I thought the same of face Jericho (heel Jericho, too, now that I think of it), who's position Edge has assumed.  The guy's "humor" does absolutely nothing for me, but at least it isn't as offensively bad as Jericho's was.  Whether it is/was the writers or Edge/Jericho himself ... I dunno.  

Then again, the crowd usually pops/popped for it, and that's what matters.  I find Stasiak (especially now) incredibly fun to watch on the mike, but if the audience responds with apathy, that means he's not effective.  His goal is to get a reaction from a good percentage of the people, and only getting a reaction from a few of them doesn't accomplish that.  See, my thinking he's effective doesn't mean he actually is.  This makin' sense?

Just some thoughts.

Guest Just call me Dan

I agree about Angle.  I consider him the most talented on the roster as of now, but I can't stand how he moves from badass to dork in each different feud he's in.

It seems all you have to do is poke fun at Angle and he becomes a jackass!  Edge is a genius!  I could really get into this feud if it were just a battle for pride and to see who's the best.  (Benoit/Angle)

Instead it is a battle of the jokes.

Not entertaining , IMO.  Hopefully they will have another good match to make up for all this calamity.

Guest Anglesault

My reasoning for why this feud is Edge's fault: Edge has yet to have a bearable singles feud. Storm was Mediocre at best. They blew the Christian thing BIG time. Test sucked, but Edge isn't a miracle worker. I have nightmares about that Edge/Regal feud (But I do blame Edge) the ShampooMania with Booker and now this shit with Angle. Edge is just incapable of having a good singles feud.

Not entertaining , IMO.  Hopefully they will have another good match to make up for all this calamity.

They have to have one before they can have another.

My reasoning for why this feud is Edge's fault: Edge has yet to have a bearable singles feud. Storm was Mediocre at best. They blew the Christian thing BIG time. Test sucked, but Edge isn't a miracle worker. I have nightmares about that Edge/Regal feud (But I do blame Edge) the ShampooMania with Booker and now this shit with Angle. Edge is just incapable of having a good singles feud.

Anglesault... you do realize that the WRITERS come up with shit don't you?

And as for the feud with Regal... Regal already had a lame gimmick. The knucks idea was novel to begin with but it got incredibly boring. Plus, Regal hasn't had a good match with anybody in years (minus Benoit but that wasn't on WWF TV so it doesn't count)

Guest Anglesault

I think part of the problem is that Edge sucks with the delivery of his jokes. Apparently the same guy that writes for Christian and Angle writes for Edge. And Edge just isn't funny. When they figured that out, they should have scrapped that shit right there. That's what bombs most of the feuds. And I just don't buy Serious Edge.

comedy = death

Edge's entire character is based on taunting his opponent. This worked for heel Rock, but that's because he had mean things to say, instead of "You suck, dork!"

Even if you're bits are funny, jokes can only be part of a good character. Jericho's arrogance, Angle's intensity (not ~INTENSITY!, that's different), and Rock's showmanship give something for the humor to play off of. Edge has nothing but sarcasm. And it sucks.

Guest Just call me Dan

You're even copying his one liners now! Stop it!

Guest Just call me Dan

There was a thread (one of the many) where the Angle/Edge feud was discussed. Someone mentioned that the feud isn't so bad if they just have another good match.

Anglesault responds something like: " They have to have an entertaining match first"

Now when I voice the same opinion, Angle-plex replies

It's copyright enfringement I tell you!