TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Mole

I won my first radio contest...

On Sunday, I was on Shelter Island listening to the radio station the Box. Whenever they play either three Linkin Park or Korn songs in a row, if you are the 7th caller you win tickets to see Linkin Park and Korn on August 2nd at Jones Beach. So I called on Sunday, I was the 7th caller and I won the tickets. I used to be a big fan of Korn, but haven't really listened to latetly.

Then today, I was in the cafeteria eating dinner and I get a phone call from the Box. It turns out I won the Grand Prize, which is going to the FEZtival at the Tweeter Center in New Jersey. The following bands are playing:

Main Stage

BURNING BRIDES (3:30pm)

NEW FOUND GLORY (4:30pm)

HOOBASTANK (5:40pm)

CYPRESS HILL (6:40pm)

THE DARKNESS (7:40pm)

BEASTIE BOYS (8:50pm)

THE STROKES (9:50pm)

2nd Stage

PUNCHLINE (2pm)

DON'T LOOK DOWN (3pm)

LAGUARDIA (4pm)

PEPPER'S GHOST (5:15pm)

STORY OF THE YEAR (6:15pm)

AUF DER MAUR* (7:15pm)

THE LIVING END (8:15pm)

TOWNHALL (9:15pm)

U.S. Army of One 3rd Stage

BALLYHOO! (12:20pm)

ZOLOF THE ROCK N' ROLL DESTROYER (1:20pm)

FOOLING APRIL (2:20pm)

SUICIDE PACT (3:20pm)

CAPITOL YEARS (4:20pm)

QUICK STEP JOHN (5:20pm)

Plus I get picked up in a limo at 9AM Friday, which will bring me all the way to the show and a ride back. My guess is we will get a few t-shirts and maybe, I am hoping, some backstage passes. This is the first time I've ever won anything on the radio, so I am pretty stoked about it.

Guest Agent of Oblivion

I'd hang out with Cypress Hill all day, then try to sell some of their weed for the Beasties' arthritis..

Limo service and free shit though? I'd go for the hope of backstage passes, then I'd get thrown out for doing something awful during Linkin Park's set.

I only got free tickets once. And I really didn't want to go. It was like a folk, blues and bluegrass festival. However, GE Smith was there thus making it well worth $0

Limo service and free shit though? I'd go for the hope of backstage passes, then I'd get thrown out for doing something awful during Linkin Park's set.

Linkin Park is playing at the other show I won tickets too, August 2nd at Jones Beach.

I'm actually going to the Y100 FEZtival tomorrow. It's free for me too.

Cypress Hill, Story of the Year (badass live show, as I've said before), The Living End, and The Strokes should be fun to see.

Though I love how Y100 is suddenly booking pop punk bands (Punchline, Don't Look Down, etc.) when they (thankfully) rarely play the music.

Guest I Got Banned for Sucking

I won a radio contest once.

Green Day - International Superhits