TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
DrVenkman PhD

Latest Bradshaw ramblings

Judgment Day. I can’t tell you how excited I was to walk out in front of more than 18,000 people in the STAPLES Center and wrestle Eddie Guerrero. I knew the moment would never be replicated as long as I lived. I was just hoping I had enough wind to last through the match, because I knew that Eddie did. This was a moment I had waited all my life for, and I knew I had to seize it or it would pass.

I feel like I seized it. I love putting myself into a corner, because then I am stuck and have to produce. What an awesome feeling to leave the STAPLES Center knowing that people wanted more of JBL.

I had many, many doubters; I love doubters. It had been a long time since I had been in an important main event, and the first time in WWE. My first main event ever, against Kevin Von Erich, was very bad, not because of Kevin, but because of my inability to handle it. I had many in Europe and Japan, but it had been over a decade with nothing close to this level. I am looking forward to Round 2 at Norfolk, Va., at The Great American Bash.

I think you will be surprised at how exciting a Bull Rope Match can be. I grew up watching and later doing these matches in Texas and Europe. I plan on raising the bar again, I am sure to the chagrin of many people out there.

Now, I want to make perfectly clear who I was talking about in my last column. I referred to a bunch of Internet guys, but the people I am referring to are not everyone who goes on the Internet; that is half of America. The people I am referring to are the guys who have their own Web sites, or who think they are reporters, which they are not.

Actually, when I referred to their questionable sexual orientation in a joking matter I was trying to say that they were momma’s boys. However, after seeing how upset they got, I realize I struck a chord. So, they feel like they have to defend their sexual orientation, which isn’t what I intended; if they are homosexuals I have no prejudice against them, that is their business, and this is 2004.

Again, the people I am talking about are an infinitely small percentage that think they know our business. Honestly, they are just plain stupid, and I’ll explain why.

They wondered in print if I was working or not, meanwhile making sure I was front and center on everyone’s mind before the pay-per-view. Now, they will do a couple of things, either say they are done with me, and make sure my name stays out there, or talk about how bad I am, and make sure my name stays out there. (See how easy they are? I am beginning to enjoy this.)

Of course, they have to realize this: I promised 30 minutes at Judgment Day, I delivered. I promised a memorable match, I delivered. You see, I have delivered all my life, which makes these guys mad, because the reason they are player-haters is because they have never, ever done anything. That is why they sit behind their computers with their Krispy Kreme doughnuts and write about me. Face it, you spend your time talking about me. This is like clubbing baby seals, at least give me a challenge. I am sorry that makes you so mad.

Now to some important things at hand. And, again, those of you who care enough to read my column, thank you. Believe me, I am not talking about our regular fans; you guys are great. After all, my friend Winn reads this, and he is my drinking buddy.

The June 30 deadline to hand sovereignty to Iraq is very important. I believe we now see a little light at the end of the tunnel. These people face a hard road ahead. They have not even been allowed to vote, and now they are running a country that is very wealthy, very similar to what happened in South Africa.

The advantage Iraq has is that we will be there to help them, South Africa didn’t have that. Hopefully, we will find a way to bring our people home sooner rather than later. We must start giving these people control of their own destiny so that our guys can get out of there.

I think George W. Bush is going to be reelected president; I think John Kerry’s inadequacies are beginning to show. I think we need Bush right now to finish this war on terror. Also, I really dislike Kerry’s tax plan. I think it hurts the economy. And most importantly, Bush is from Texas.

There are some great buys in the stock market right now. I am buying on every dip. I think the market is overreacting to news in Iraq.

I was really hoping Smarty Jones would win the Triple Crown. I think everyone was.

The NBA Finals have started, and I am excited to see how it comes out. Sports wise, the worst time of the year is coming up for me. After the finals, there is nothing but baseball on until the NFL kicks off.

No offense to baseball fans, but I find the regular season very boring.

Since I have been negligent in writing my supposed weekly column, I have a ton of e-mails. So I need to answer them. Keep sending them. I can’t answer them all, but I do read them all.

To Steven: Equating Bush with the terrorist is not rational. Bush is sending Americans into a war that he did not start. Now I know some of you out there will say he did, but those Towers did not come down by themselves. Also, we have to take the fight to them because they will not bring it to us. There are some that would like the U.S. effort to fail because they want Bush to lose. What a horribly unpatriotic stance.

To Evan: I cannot compare Iraq with Vietnam because one was fought to control communism, the other was fought to defend our own soil. If I were secretary of defense, and it is good I am not, I would do what they are doing now, and give these people more and more control until they have full control and we can bring our people home. Good luck in your studies at Keene State College.

To Erin from Tallahassee, home of FSU: I agree the key to reducing poverty is education and opportunity. Educated people have an easier time finding jobs. Also, educated people are less likely to be bigots, which helps our country. Most of the stupid things done against other races in history were done by uneducated people. Educated people are harder to work into a frenzy.

The minimum wage is a real conundrum. You increase the cost of business. However, the main problem with business cost is not wage increase but rising health-care cost, because our health-care industry is the biggest waste of money in our country.

To Mike from Blackpool: England. JBL does have some similar traits with Ted DiBiase; hopefully, JBL can wrestle as great as Ted could. I believe my character has really blurred the line of reality in a way few characters have. Actually, my character is me, so I don’t feel like I am a copy of anyone. Though it is complimentary to compare me with Ted; he was great.

To Neil: I understand your disagreement with me about my approval of the Enola Gay being on display at the Smithsonian, but I stand by what I wrote. I recently was in Munich, where the prison camp Dachau was during World War II. I didn’t get to visit it this time, but I have a couple of times. I found it unbelievable and horrible at the same time. This was a terrible place, but it is preserved because of history.

.. and then he just continues on about non-wrestling matters.

Guest Trivia247
I think George W. Bush is going to be reelected president; I think John Kerry’s inadequacies are beginning to show. I think we need Bush right now to finish this war on terror. Also, I really dislike Kerry’s tax plan. I think it hurts the economy. And most importantly, Bush is from Texas.

Gee President Bush is SINGLE HANDEDLY gonna end Terrorism on the face of the earth because he's from Texas yup yup. Oki Goober... Is GW a Hoss then?

Does he sign off with "Heil Hitler"?

I think we need Bush right now to finish this war on terror.

Oh yeah, how will that war on terror end Mr. Bradshaw? ;)

Actually, my character is me

no comment

I recently was in Munich, where the prison camp Dachau was during World War II. I didn’t get to visit it this time

and you probably won't be visiting it any time soon

Guest thebigjig

Am I the only one that laughed at this? Not because of the ideology , but the sentence construction... I think George W. Bush helped him write this. I think it took them four hours to hammer out a single paragraph. I think both of them were C students. I think I know why.

Guest Goodear

110: Since you all don't seem to get it, all this Bradshaw sucks stuff is about as boring as all the Randy Orton stuff and all the Triple H sucks stuff. Now you all can either keep talking about the same nonsense in forty different threads (that I will close) or you can decide to say something new and interesting. When you do, these threads will stay open.

Goodnight eveyrbody.