TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Anya

Megaman collection

So like, after what seems like 70 delays the Megaman collection is finally out. I'm picking it up tomorrow. According to the IGN review the old glitches are gone, which is going to make Wily stage 1 impossible in MM1.

I can't wait anymore, I WANT IT NOW!...Which verison are you people gonna get, I'm gonna get the Cube verison.

Meh the remixed music doesn't do a thing for me. I rather be true to the games instead of remixing it.

Yeah, but only on PS2. On GC you can just listen to it in the options menu, but not in the actual game.

Guest Salacious Crumb

I preordered the Cube version. The interview with the creator and the history thing just seemed like way better extras than the PS2 cartoon.

Can someone detail the extras for both platforms? I'd apreciate it, thanks in advance.

Guest Salacious Crumb

PS2:

The first episode of the original cartoon series

Art

GC:

Interview with the creator

Megaman history

Art

That's what I've heard about extras so far.

I have the game for PS2...loading times and control issues feared with the PS2 version seem to be non-existent.

As for secrets--I'm not sure. They're locked right now.

PS2:

The first episode of the original cartoon series

Art

GC:

Interview with the creator

Megaman history

Art

That's what I've heard about extras so far.

And remixed music for PS2. Is there any reason why they didn't put all the extras in both games? Do they expect someone to buy one for GC and then buy one for PS2?

Having different extras in each version is smart marketing. They aren't actually leaving out any of the games, but they're putting enough differentiation between the games that the hardcores will likely snap up both copies.

If they're willing to pay 80 bucks plus for lone SNES carts, surely they'll not mind paying 30 bucks a pop for each version of the collection.

This is much better than Nintendo's NES Classics crap, naturally.

Has anyone picked up the GBA collection?

I just got home with this game about 25 minutes ago, oddly enough, but have yet to play it. Got it for GC.

Guest Salacious Crumb

When I have the money I'll definately be getting the GBA Collection though those games were insanely hard.

Having different extras in each version is smart marketing.  They aren't actually leaving out any of the games, but they're putting enough differentiation between the games that the hardcores will likely snap up both copies.

If they're willing to pay 80 bucks plus for lone SNES carts, surely they'll not mind paying 30 bucks a pop for each version of the collection.

This is much better than Nintendo's NES Classics crap, naturally.

Has anyone picked up the GBA collection?

The hardcores would probably own every Mega Man, know all the histories, and have all the remixes already though.

I have MM 1-6. Playing it with the remixed music is kinda tempting, but I don't know about for $30. Maybe if they threw the MMX games in there too.

Thanks for letting me know guys, I'll be picking it up next wek. :)

Word on the Gamecube version is--the button layout ranges from annoying to completely ruining the games, depending on your tolerance.

*plays Mega Man VII* Let me get this straight--people were playing that much for this game? Morons. :P

I just got it for PS2.

The GBA one is out? I thought it wasn't coming out till later.

Megaman 7 is pretty good.

Guest Salacious Crumb
Word on the Gamecube version is--the button layout ranges from annoying to completely ruining the games, depending on your tolerance.

*plays Mega Man VII*  Let me get this straight--people were playing that much for this game?  Morons. :P

That's well overstated as it takes some time to get used to but it doesn't totally ruin anything.

EDIT: I'm also reminded how crappy an attack the Top Spin was in III. Damn thing is so inconsistent.

I just got it for PS2.

The GBA one is out? I thought it wasn't coming out till later.

Megaman 7 is pretty good.

No, I thought it was but I was mistaken. However, anyone who played the Game Boy Mega Mans should be able to tell me if they're any good. I heard that, unlike the NES games, which started out good, but 4 on became kind of lame, the last two GB games are very good.

Just wanted to get some confirmation on that--wondering if it is even worth considering.

(I must say that Mega Man 6 NES at least is purty for an 8-bit game. It could pass for an early 16-bit game.)

And yeah, Mega Man VII doesn't totally suck, but--definitely--not--worth--the Ebay prices.

Mega Man 8 I like far more than it, even though it is really friggin' easy.

That's well overstated as it takes some time to get used to but it doesn't totally ruin anything.

Sure thing. However, depends on whether or not you're a stubborn SOB who likes fighting-game-friendly controllers and doesn't like his control constricted to one unnatural layout he can't adjust.

Oh, I'm playing on Normal, although with Navi mode and 5 lives each. Navi mode is how you get the remixed music tracks on PS2--turn it on and the music remixes with it. However, not all the tracks remix. For example, the only remixed tracks in Mega Man 1 supposedly are taken from the arcade game(s). At least that's what a GameFAQs poster said.

This is so cool. I'm halfway through MM1 already. It's still fun. I remember when stuff like the moving platforms on Gutsman's stage was IMPOSSIBLE as a kid. I am still afraid of the rock monster on Wily stage 1 though....

Guest Salacious Crumb

I've played the first 3 Megaman GB games. Good games but hard as hell especially the first one which can be next to impossible at times.

EDIT: Any ideas on how to unlock the Arcade games? I've heard playing VII gets one of them.

This is so cool. I'm halfway through MM1 already. It's still fun. I remember when stuff like the moving platforms on Gutsman's stage was IMPOSSIBLE as a kid. I am still afraid of the rock monster on Wily stage 1 though....

Word is on the GameFAQ board that the pause trick still works--just use select.

I took that bastard down in...X5 wasn't it? So I'll try to get through it legit.

It's ghey that I can't devote much time to it until Sunday or so because of two tests coming up. Argh.

I don't like how some enemies can kill me in one hit, though. I.E. when you're "crushed." Also, I fell from a ladder before and hit an enemy along the way--instant death and I almost had full health!! What the hell?!

Also, yeah, those moving platforms are ticking me off a bit, too. Especially when it seems like you passed right through them when you drop down. I guess I have to wait an extra split second.

I've played the first 3 Megaman GB games.  Good games but hard as hell especially the first one which can be next to impossible at times.

EDIT:  Any ideas on how to unlock the Arcade games?  I've heard playing VII gets one of them.

Can't confirm that, but 2 unlocks Art and 3 unlocks...apparently nothing (credit, again, GameFAQs posters).

I'm sure soon enough we'll know for sure.

So, how does one view the eps of the TV series? Is that a secret?

The neo-retro feel of the music is awesome too, BTW.

Okay.

"R&D was asked why the GameCube version of Mega Man Anniversary Collection does not have the same remixed music in the Navi Mode as found in the PlayStation 2 version.

It seems there was a disc space problem. The GameCube disc just does not have the same amount of space that a PlayStation 2 DVD has.

Even using the best video and audio compression technologies, simply having 10 games on one disc the 20+ minutes of video in Mega Man 8 and the 20 minutes of video for the extra interview, there was just no room to have the remixed audio in the Navi mode of Mega Man 1 - 6 on a GameCube disc. There is, however, separate remixed tracks that can be found in the secrets area as the game is played through and secrets are unlocked."

Guest Salacious Crumb

Same here, I had forgotten just how much I yelled at the tv while playing these games. I'm dreading Ice Man's stage in 1 and Quick Man's in 2.

I took that bastard down in...X5 wasn't it? So I'll try to get through it legit.

Yeah, it's in X5 and MM8...but neither of those compare to it's MM1 form. It's like the hardest Megaman boss ever.

Megaman 1's normal bosses are too easy. With their weaknesses you can kill them in like 2 or 3 hits. They really hadn't got down the whole weakness thing back then.

The remixed music is really good.

I'm almost to the Wily stages...that is where MM1 gets hard.

Megaman 1's normal bosses are too easy. With their weaknesses you can kill them in like 2 or 3 hits. They really hadn't got down the whole weakness thing back then.

MM2 is the same way.