TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Cheex Incarnate

RAW music ripping

Guest CurryMan

It´s an xbox to xbox thing but most xbox can handle cd-rw. what kind of dvd-player do you have?

Do a google search to find out what kind of discs that works with the dvd-player you have.

It all depends on what kind of harddrive you have. Here's how you tell the differances. The differances are in the cd tray.

If the hole in the middle of the tray is a arc you have a thompson (worst Harddrive)

If the hole in the middle of the tray is the shape of a keyhole (or similar) you have a Phillips (which is second best)

If your disc tray has two holes you have a Samsung (best kind)

I heard the Samsung copys all music discs and the phillips only does RW, i'm not to sure about the thompson drive. If you have a green Xbox with a Samsung drive you can copy both type of discs.

Guest CurryMan

I have a samsung and it doesn´t take all cd-r it has to be decent quality cd-r. But I´m happy with my samsung the only problem is that I now have a dvd-burner and samsung is more limited to what kind of dvd-s you can use.

As far as I know Xboxes run DVD-R's just fine. Surpriseingly the thompson harddrive, which I have, runs those just fine.

Guest CurryMan

The samsung that I have can handle most dvd-r but cant handle a single dvd+r. No real biggie if it werent for that I bought alot of dvd+r in the begining that is now no use to me :/