TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Blade2kxx

Official TNA Preview for 6/30

THE WORLD HEAVYWEIGHT TITLE DECISION: JEFF JARRETT OR THE TRUTH? WHO WILL RUSSO CHOOSE?

Controversy erupted last Wednesday night on Pay-Per-View during the Jarrett vs. Truth World Title match when the 3LK member used a guitar – one that Jarrett brought into the ring – to win the World Title! Following the bout, Director Of Authority Vince Russo had a tough decision to make: Recognize Truth as the new World Champion, or disqualify Truth and give the gold back to Jarrett! According to Russo, we’ll hear his decision this Wednesday night live on Pay-Per-View!

AN UPDATE ON JEFF HARDY AND TNA

Jeff Hardy shocked the wrestling world on Wednesday, returning to the sport to face AJ Styles for the X Division Title. But the bout was marred by interference, as Kid Kash and Dallas ruined what could have been an X classic! Disgusted with the outcome, Hardy left the ring and walked out of the arena! This Wednesday night live on Pay-Per-View, we hope to have an update on Jeff Hardy and his future in wrestling!

X CHAMPIONSHIP MATCH

CHAMPION AJ STYLES VS. KID KASH

Last Wednesday night, Kid Kash ruined what could have been an X classic when AJ Styles faced Jeff Hardy. After interfering in the match and attacking both Styles and Hardy, the K-I-D nearly succeeded in injuring the X Champion. Now, Kash is ready and focused on this Wednesday night as he takes on Styles for the gold! Can Kash back up his big mouth with an X Title win? Or, will The Phenomenal One remain tops in the X Division? Tune in and find out as two X Division pioneers meet again for the gold!

GRUDGE MATCH

NWA WORLD TAG TEAM CHAMPIONS AMERICA’S MOST WANTED VS. THE NATURALS

Determined to make an instant impact in the TNA tag team ranks, The Naturals – Chase Stevens and Andy Douglas – have gone after the biggest dogs in the yard…America’s Most Wanted. After several sneak attacks, The Naturals have managed to enrage Chris Harris and James Storm – and now they want payback. This Wednesday night, two of TNA’s top teams will meet in a Grudge Match to finally settle their differences. One way or another, we’ll find out if The Naturals made a mistake in going after the champs!

THE ALPHA MALE VS. D’LO BROWN

Following his recent return to TNA, D’Lo Brown announced his one and only focus was climbing the ladder back to the World Heavyweight Title. However, one superstar took exception to that statement - the Alpha Male! During an interview last Wednesday night, The Alpha Male brutally attacked D’Lo, saying he would have to first get past him to get to the gold. As a result, TNA officials have signed the bout between D’Lo and The Alpha Male for this Wednesday night live on Pay-Per-View!

SABU AND SONJAY DUTT VS. TEAM CANADA

The Genocidal, Suicidal, Homicidal superstar Sabu will once gain team with the “Original Playa From The Himalaya” Sonjay Dutt this Wednesday night to take on the talented athletes of Team Canada! Can Sabu and Dutt keep their focus on Team Canada with the ongoing situation involving Raven? Can coach Scott D’Amore’s team continue to impress and rise up the Tag Team Title ranks? Tune in and find out!

DOUBLE OR NOTHING HUMILIATION MATCH

PAT KENNEY & SONNY SIAKI VS. THE NYC

Gilberti and Swinger have an opportunity to end their ongoing humiliation this Wednesday night live on Pay-Per-View, IF they can beat Siaki and Kenney! But, if The NYC drops the match, it will be an additional month of humiliation for Gilberti and Swinger! Can Gilberti and Swinger earn back their respect? Tune in and find out!

CONTRACT OR THE MONEY

ERIK WATTS VS. ABYSS w/ Goldylocks

In recent weeks, Goldylocks has had a briefcase containing Erik Watts’ savings handcuffed to her wrist. Time and time again, Watts has attempted to reclaim his money, but the monster Abyss always stands in his way. That is until Goldylocks made Watts an offer – a contract vs. cash match! If Watts can beat Abyss this Wednesday night, he gets his savings back. But if he loses, Goldylocks owns Watts’ TNA contract!

ALL THIS AND MUCH MORE THIS WEDNESDAY NIGHT!

Sonjay/Sabu vs. Team Canada could be good. Let's hope it's Petey & Bobby Rude. Petey vs. Sonjay would rule, if they let them actually do what they can do. Rest of the card looks MEH'ish, besides Kash and Styles, which I do like the sound of.

-discussing the World Title scene is almost beneath my standard of dignity. lucky thing i have low standards... basically, this whole thing will be a waste of time if the belt just goes back to Jeff Jarrett, so let Truth be champ.

-Mike Tenay: "Jeff Hardy has signed a contract with TNA. he will be on this week's edition of Impact in a match against _______. tune in to see TNA's newest star." that's all that necessary, so for God's sake don't try to do something over-the-top with this announcement.

-Kash vs. Styles should be awesome. give it 15-20 and put it in the main event, and you'll have a lot of happy fans. while i think this is a great match, i want to see the fued go on. maybe Kash or Dallas is caught cheating and the match ends in DQ with Styles retaining. anything that will set up a rematch down the line, as TNA should milk this one for all its worth.

-the Naturals fight AMW. this is the same situation as the Kash/Styles match, so i'll move on.

-i'm not sure what Brown vs. Brown is going to prove, but it should provide a decent match. D'Lo should be the next challenger, so i'm pulling for him. i don't buy Monte as a main eventer... yet.

-Dutt/Sabu vs. Team Canada should be cool. the great thing about matches like this is it moves their characters along even though the two teams don't even have much to do with each other. Raven will probably have some hand in it (furthering his angle with Sabu), and Team Canada will more than likely get the win to move further up the tag ranks. i love matches like that. seems like a lost concept most of the time.

-i want the Kenney/Siaki/NYC fued to end RIGHT NOW. its obviously shite, so i won't waste time perforating it and the people responsible for it. if anyone actually LIKES this angle though, you should be killed. this is TNA's worst fued right now.

-oh, no its not, the Watts/Goldy/Abyss fued is TNA's worst fued right now. i stand corrected. i'm hoping that this travesty ends right now too, as i'd like to see Abyss get back into the main event and kick some ass.

Guest El Satanico

I'm sensing that the world title will be held up and next Wednesday JJ and Truth will face each other in a ladder match with the title as the prize.

Guest MikeSC

[pessimist] Well, Russo will give himself the belt, giving himself two World Title reigns in his career [/pessimist]

-=Mike

Guest TDinDC1112

I've got a real problem with the Kash wrestling Styles. What the hell - all of a sudden the broken leg is healed? I mean, you don't break your leg, miss one week, and then you can wrestle. And all they did in the preview was say that Kash ruined a good match, no mention of his injury. I'm beginning to think that the Kash-AJ match was never supposed to happen last week.

Guest MikeSC
I've got a real problem with the Kash wrestling Styles. What the hell - all of a sudden the broken leg is healed? I mean, you don't break your leg, miss one week, and then you can wrestle. And all they did in the preview was say that Kash ruined a good match, no mention of his injury. I'm beginning to think that the Kash-AJ match was never supposed to happen last week.

Did they mention his injury on the PPV?

-=Mike

Guest TDinDC1112
I've got a real problem with the Kash wrestling Styles.  What the hell - all of a sudden the broken leg is healed?  I mean, you don't break your leg, miss one week, and then you can wrestle.  And all they did in the preview was say that Kash ruined a good match, no mention of his injury.  I'm beginning to think that the Kash-AJ match was never supposed to happen last week.

-=Mike

Yes, but his ridiculous limp was way overdone.

Guest MikeSC
I've got a real problem with the Kash wrestling Styles.  What the hell - all of a sudden the broken leg is healed?  I mean, you don't break your leg, miss one week, and then you can wrestle.  And all they did in the preview was say that Kash ruined a good match, no mention of his injury.  I'm beginning to think that the Kash-AJ match was never supposed to happen last week.

-=Mike

Yes, but his ridiculous limp was way overdone.

Then I can't begin to explain it. Does seem a bit odd.

-=Mike

Guest El Satanico

Well maybe he did hurt his leg, but after checking with a doctor the injury wasn't as bad as they feared. Maybe the leg needed a week of rest, so they oversold the injury as a broken leg.

Guest JacK

Are any of the match's going to be up for download . . . ? Since my wireless connection is kind of . . . crap? And thus cut's out so much so that ordering the PPV's is as pointless as a sack of wet leather? I'm going to buy the DVD's as soon as I get my scholarship cheque, and since I love TNA I deserve the match's fo free dag namit. :(

Guest Salacious Crumb

Kash can't be that hurt because he lifted Styles with no problem on Impact yesterday.

I was thinking about that as well...

Regardless, the graphics for JH are way too good looking for them to be done so last-minutey. And Kash was walking a bit too well for someone with a broken fibula.

So, I'm thinking TNA might have played the net AGAIN...

HE WORLD HEAVYWEIGHT TITLE DECISION: JEFF JARRETT OR THE TRUTH? WHO WILL RUSSO CHOOSE?

Controversy erupted last Wednesday night on Pay-Per-View during the Jarrett vs. Truth World Title match when the 3LK member used a guitar – one that Jarrett brought into the ring – to win the World Title! Following the bout, Director Of Authority Vince Russo had a tough decision to make: Recognize Truth as the new World Champion, or disqualify Truth and give the gold back to Jarrett! According to Russo, we’ll hear his decision this Wednesday night live on Pay-Per-View!

If they don't put the belt on The Truth, this whole thing will have been a big waste a time. The right thing for TNA to do would be to have Russo come, say he said he wouldn't overturn a referee's decision and award Truth the belt. Make a rematch or whatever, but giving the belt back to JJ would be a huge waste of time, IMO.

Jeff Hardy shocked the wrestling world on Wednesday, returning to the sport to face AJ Styles for the X Division Title. But the bout was marred by interference, as Kid Kash and Dallas ruined what could have been an X classic! Disgusted with the outcome, Hardy left the ring and walked out of the arena! This Wednesday night live on Pay-Per-View, we hope to have an update on Jeff Hardy and his future in wrestling!

I think they should Hardy save Styles from a Kash and Dallas beatdown to set up a tag match, and then say he's going to face Dallas on Impact or something.

X CHAMPIONSHIP MATCH

Last Wednesday night, Kid Kash ruined what could have been an X classic when AJ Styles faced Jeff Hardy. After interfering in the match and attacking both Styles and Hardy, the K-I-D nearly succeeded in injuring the X Champion. Now, Kash is ready and focused on this Wednesday night as he takes on Styles for the gold! Can Kash back up his big mouth with an X Title win? Or, will The Phenomenal One remain tops in the X Division? Tune in and find out as two X Division pioneers meet again for the gold!

This should be the ME and get at least 15 minutes. The match should be awesome, and the heat will be off the charts. I'm looking for Styles to retain in a way that doesn't end the feud, because TNA knows they're onto something here.

GRUDGE MATCH

NWA WORLD TAG TEAM CHAMPIONS AMERICA’S MOST WANTED VS. THE NATURALS

Determined to make an instant impact in the TNA tag team ranks, The Naturals – Chase Stevens and Andy Douglas – have gone after the biggest dogs in the yard…America’s Most Wanted. After several sneak attacks, The Naturals have managed to enrage Chris Harris and James Storm – and now they want payback. This Wednesday night, two of TNA’s top teams will meet in a Grudge Match to finally settle their differences. One way or another, we’ll find out if The Naturals made a mistake in going after the champs!

This match should be good. The Naturals will probably win here in screwy fashion to position themselves as the #1 Contender's to the tag belts.

Following his recent return to TNA, D’Lo Brown announced his one and only focus was climbing the ladder back to the World Heavyweight Title. However, one superstar took exception to that statement - the Alpha Male! During an interview last Wednesday night, The Alpha Male brutally attacked D’Lo, saying he would have to first get past him to get to the gold. As a result, TNA officials have signed the bout between D’Lo and The Alpha Male for this Wednesday night live on Pay-

Per-View!

I'll admit that I'm intrigued by this match. I don't think it'll be a ***** classic, but I do think that D'Lo can carry Monty to one of his better TNA outings, at least on par with the AMW match from a few weeks ago. Hopefully, they don't let me down. Who wins here depends on who they give the belt to, IMO. If JJ is champ, D'Lo wins, if Truth is champ, Monty wins with.........THE POUNCE. PERIOD.

The Genocidal, Suicidal, Homicidal superstar Sabu will once gain team with the “Original Playa From The Himalaya” Sonjay Dutt this Wednesday night to take on the talented athletes of Team Canada! Can Sabu and Dutt keep their focus on Team Canada with the ongoing situation involving Raven? Can coach Scott D’Amore’s team continue to impress and rise up the Tag Team Title ranks? Tune in and find out!

This match should be good as well. Sabu and Dutt looked good as a team a few weeks ago on Impact and Team Canada is about to single-handedly save TNA's tag division, so this should be interesting. Team Canada will most likely win here to continue up the ranks, and Raven will probably be a factor in the decision if he's feeling better.

DOUBLE OR NOTHING HUMILIATION MATCH

Gilberti and Swinger have an opportunity to end their ongoing humiliation this Wednesday night live on Pay-Per-View, IF they can beat Siaki and Kenney! But, if The NYC drops the match, it will be an additional month of humiliation for Gilberti and Swinger! Can Gilberti and Swinger earn back their respect? Tune in and find out!

Eh....I will admit that Gilberti and Swinger have been hilarious in the costumes, but this feud must die NOW. With that said, the NYC will cheat to win here to get out of the costumes and drag the feud on further. Damnit.

CONTRACT OR THE MONEY

In recent weeks, Goldylocks has had a briefcase containing Erik Watts’ savings handcuffed to her wrist. Time and time again, Watts has attempted to reclaim his money, but the monster Abyss always stands in his way. That is until Goldylocks made Watts an offer – a contract vs. cash match! If Watts can beat Abyss this Wednesday night, he gets his savings back. But if he loses, Goldylocks owns Watts’ TNA contract!

This has been building a while and should have good heat. The match might suck, but this is the "casual" fan storyline. Watts should go over here after Goldy accidentally costs Abyss the match, so that he leaves here and returns to the ME scene and she leaves my TV screen.

Overall, a solid line-up this week by TNA. We have some matches we know will be good (Styles/Kash, AMW/Naturals) along with some fresh pairings (Sabu/Dutt, D'Lo/Monty). It's not a super show, but it should be a good night of action. I'll definitely be ordering this week.

Guest Donners

I'm interested by those first four matches, which makes this already better than last week's card. Let's hope they do something with it...

This match should be good as well. Sabu and Dutt looked good as a team a few weeks ago on Impact and Team Canada is about to single-handedly save TNA's tag division, so this should be interesting. Team Canada will most likely win here to continue up the ranks, and Raven will probably be a factor in the decision if he's feeling better.

This may be the match that helps bring back the Tag Team scene. If Sabu can keep the blown spots to a minimum, this COULD be a ***1/2 match, but that said, I think that it will end up being no better than a **3/4

CONTRACT OR THE MONEY

This has been building a while and should have good heat.  The match might suck, but this is the "casual" fan storyline.  Watts should go over here after Goldy accidentally costs Abyss the match, so that he leaves here and returns to the ME scene and she leaves my TV screen.

The match has every right to suck, but maybe Erik Watts has been training some, but we aren't that privileged. There are three good possibilities from this match:

1. Erik Watts wins. Goldy leaves and never shows up again. An insane Abyss (kinda redundant, I know) is let loose upon the roster...not that he isn't loose already.

2. Abyss wins. Goldy forces Erik to go to the ring every time Abyss wrestles and tell him to help out Abyss, but all he does is end up causing Abyss to lose, which sets up a GRUDGE match (hopefully not on as sucky of terms as the other grudge match currently stinking up TNA), where Erik Watts will get back his contract if he wins, but he leaves TNA if he loses.

3. Abyss wins. Goldy forces Erik to be Abyss's tag team partner. This starts Erik Watts' turn into a heel because he is forced to do heel tactics to win because this will be the only way for him to ever get gold in TNA.

Guest The Last Free Voice

I'm actually looking forward to the show tonight, and I'm exited about writing the rush, despite next to NO feedback ::coughnowplzcough:: Anyways, card looks pretty good, save for Abyss vs. Watts. And that could even be a decent big guy match, if they do it right...

I'm actually looking forward to the show tonight, and I'm exited about writing the rush, despite next to NO feedback ::coughnowplzcough:: Anyways, card looks pretty good, save for Abyss vs. Watts. And that could even be a decent big guy match, if they do it right...

I'm really looking forward this week's show too. I think this is a strong a line-up as TNA has had in awhile, especially considering that the World Title is not on the line (hell, it's not on anybody at this point!)

At the very least, this card is a hell of a lot better than GAB...

^The reason for said excitement.

Guest whitemilesdavis
THE WORLD HEAVYWEIGHT TITLE DECISION: JEFF JARRETT OR THE TRUTH? WHO WILL RUSSO CHOOSE?

That's right kids, 'cause Russo is the most important guy in TNA and don't forget it!

That's right kids, we're trying to sell a pay-per-view based on the possible signing of a guy that you wouldn't tune in to watch for free 6 months ago!

OK, sarcasm and bitterness aside, this could be really good. AJ should be pushed as the face of TNA for the new fans, and the X-belt should be elevated to near-equal status as the world title.

Everyone seems to have big hopes for this match, but I just don't see D-lo having the ability to drag the Black Lex Luger to a decent match. This has the potential to be horrible.

I like Sabu and Sonjay as a tag-team. I would like to see them pushed as a regular team since they don't have anything for them in singles right now.

NOW, this is the one I really care about....woops, I meant to say "this is the one I really DON'T care about.

One of the dumbest causes for a feud ever. Hopefully Watts bumps into Goldy at some point during the match and they both explode, leaving Abyss to go on to better things (AKA anything).

This just doesn't look worth me paying for.