TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest TheJewof2001

What exactly is trolling...

Guest Nelly's Bandaid

Maybe you should highlight the part where I said you would all fuck her.

Guest Dids
The "Britney Spears grabbing weiner" thread needs to be killed. It's just degenerated into Dids and Nelly's Bandaid calling everyone idiots for having different tastes in women.

EDIT: OK, Nelly's Bandaid didn't actually *call* anyone an idiot, he's just acting very high-and-mighty and acting like his opinion is law.

I'd like to think I called everybody idiots for acting like a chick who's boned more than 2 dudes a slut.

Plus I'm right. LSD is an idiot fest right now.

Guest FrigidSoul
You're basically telling everyone that we'd all fuck Britney because she's famous and that we don't have a right to call her trash because we've never met her.

In all fairness you're fucking Stardust so I think you'd fuck Britney Spears. That's not to say Stardust is shit because I maintain that her titties look fairly firm and big...however a blindman could realise Britney Spears is better than her.

That's not trolling.

If I may ask, what is the difference between NB's consistent down talk and trolling? It seems like most of what he says is to cause an argument.

Guest Nelly's Bandaid

You want to give some examples of that BigSwigg or is it just empty talk today?

I don't see him "talking down" to people. The guy just holds the opinion that people should not take personal shots at others based on something they read in a gossip column or some pic they see on the 'net.

That's a pretty valid opinion, and he's defending it.

You want to give some examples of that BigSwigg or is it just empty talk today?

I'm just asking what the difference is so I know. I'm not calling you a troll, I would just like to know the difference so I don't start calling wolf everytime someone starts acting a certain way.

Oh yes, and my example is this:

Went to a britney fan board for some otherside perspective, a good amount extreme, a suprising amount of a level headed people who were just fans of her music. Media didn't lead me there. There were no headlines in People or Star or US Weekly. Try again.

Not to mention the post that I quoted to reply.

The first one comes across semi-elitist as you say that you don't read US Weekly, or Star. Thus implying that you're better than they are because people who read US Weekly or Star and follow the media are stupid.

The second one comes across that way because you seem over confident in the fact that you've done nothing wrong, as compared to the usual response of a poster, which is "I've posted good and I've posted bad." It also seems like a challenge to prove that you're a troll, which puts the person on the other end on the offense, and you on the defense. This is what I used to think trolling was. This is why you got so much heat from Coffey and the TNA folder. The way you word the posts makes you seem arrogant, and also makes everyone else prove you wrong instead of letting everyone else have an opinion.

Guest Nelly's Bandaid

"The first one comes across semi-elitist as you say that you don't read US Weekly, or Star. Thus implying that you're better than they are because people who read US Weekly or Star and follow the media are stupid. "

Wow, when you misinterpret my posts like that it's no wonder where having this discussion.

His point was about how I was influenced just on the other end of the spectrum, I was saying I wasn't given that info, I didn't get it from the same sources those who got there negative information from. It had nothing to do with anyone being better than anyone, it was about where certain info was coming from.

"The second one comes across that way because you seem over confident in the fact that you've done nothing wrong, as compared to the usual response of a poster, which is "I've posted good and I've posted bad." It also seems like a challenge to prove that you're a troll, which puts the person on the other end on the offense, and you on the defense. This is what I used to think trolling was. This is why you got so much heat from Coffey and the TNA folder. The way you word the posts makes you seem arrogant, and also makes everyone else prove you wrong instead of letting everyone else have an opinion. "

So because I actually believe what I type I'm a troll? Should I go around with no confidence in what I'm saying, trying to appease everyone else's opinion rather than contend if mine differs? Sorry, never gonna happen.

I think the fact that your using words like 'offense' and 'defense' in regards to simply discussing or debating shows your taking this in the completely wrong direction.

I'm just letting you know how it comes across. I'm not saying anything I said is gospel.

By the way, your response is DEFENSIVE. ;)

That's why my post said it what I used to think was trolling. I've learned now.

Guest FrigidSoul
You're basically telling everyone that we'd all fuck Britney because she's famous and that we don't have a right to call her trash because we've never met her.

In all fairness you're fucking Stardust so I think you'd fuck Britney Spears. That's not to say Stardust is shit because I maintain that her titties look fairly firm and big...however a blindman could realise Britney Spears is better than her.

I've thought about this and it wasn't meant to come back as an insult in anyway, and I think I would fuck Stardust rotten before touching Britney. Ms. Spears has too many habits I find disgusting to actually turn me on and Stardust looks like she would be somewhat crazy in the sack.

Guest cobainwasmurdered
Plus I'm right. LSD is an idiot fest right now.

when wasn't it?

Guest Agent of Oblivion

I'm following Kotzenjunge around so I can keep looking at that avatar. It's intentionally getting a rise out of me. That's trolling. You're banned, baby. So banned.

I'd desrcibe it as a very kliqish area of the board. if you don't know anyone in there and don't know who's who it can be pretty lame because people will jump all over you.

Really? That never happens...

I'm following Kotzenjunge around so I can keep looking at that avatar. It's intentionally getting a rise out of me. That's trolling. You're banned, baby. So banned.

I didn't see this post initially. I thought AoO and myself's interaction had spiked somewhat in the last week or so, but figured it was because I'm his favorite poster.