TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
EVIL~! alkeiper

Delgado's Silent Protest

No kidding, I guess the Yankees should have dropped the "New York" from their title during the series.

And since July 2004 was the first time I heard about must mean not too many people were upset about it.

Guest Anglesault
What was so offensive about it.  At some point, the Yankees are your opponents, disaster or no disaster.  Yankee fans would certainly have gloated if they had won, so they should expect it in kind.

Nothing wrong with gloating. Notice I have said nothing about celebrating after game seven.

I do have a problem with them deciding to give the city of New York the finger (after the tied the series, mind you) after a baseball game that was being played in November partially because of an awful event in New York.

If they wanted to mock the Yankees, fine, so be it. It would have been a stupid thing to do in the middle of a series, but whatever. There are plenty of songs out there about the New York Yankees that they could have played.

They chose a song about New York City.

Edited by Anglesault

Perhaps they meant to cheer up the Yankees after that debilitating loss, by reminding them that NYC is the greatest place in the world.

But I can see your point. I live relatively close to NYC, but never visit. I wasn't effected by the WTC attacks, so I can't really debate the point.

Guest Anglesault
Perhaps they meant to cheer up the Yankees after that debilitating loss, by reminding them that NYC is the greatest place in the world.

They also did the whole fake "record scratching noise" to get rid of the song.