TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest bcu1979

(observer) triple h jealous/goldberg contract talk

Guest bcu1979

A couple of interesting notes from the latest Wrestling Observer.

The WWF has had some talks with Goldberg about a contract buy-out and then signing with the WWF. But these talks have been off and on for about a year. Hogan wanted to bring Goldberg in with him, instead of Nash and Hall.

Meltzer says that a couple sources confirmed to him that Rock was referring to Triple H as the jealous top guy who was going behind his back, in one of his mainstream interviews. He uses the Rolling Stone article where Rock mentions Jericho and Austin as his closest friends as supporting evidence.

There's talk of moving Benoit to RAW and hook him up with Arn Anderson as his manager. I don't see how this helps Benoit much. Booker T is a comedy character and RVD is stuck in neutral. The only top guy Benoit can work with is Austin. Benoit/Nash, Benoit/Show, Benoit/Taker and Benoit/Kane do nothing for me.

Larry Zbyszko is suing Vince, the WWFE and Chris Jericho in three seperate lawsuits over using the name "Living Legend" in regards to Jericho. Zbyszko says he has a trademark to the name for wrestling purposes and previously sent a cease-and-desist order.

I found it interesting that Vince pretty much shoved all that back in Larry Z's face this week. He called Jericho "wrestling's true living legend" during the opening promo. Then Jericho wore his Living Legend t-shirt and made mention of his "glorious" four month title reign.

The WWF feels Dawn Marie is ready as a valet but not as a wrestler. If a valet spot opens up on Smackdown, she will start. But if not, they'll send her to OVW. Uh, what the hell? Lance Storm is just sitting around waiting for something to do.

And since there was so much discussion about this match this week, Meltzer gave Angle/Edge 4 1/4 stars.

Scotty 2 Hotty's neck injury is more serious than has been mentioned in the Ross Report. He has damage to more vertabrae in his neck than Austin or Benoit had. Even with the surgery he might not be able to come back.

*Larry Zbyszko is suing Vince, the WWFE and Chris Jericho in three seperate lawsuits over using the name "Living Legend" in regards to Jericho. Zbyszko says he has a trademark to the name for wrestling purposes and previously sent a cease-and-desist order.*

Whatta tool.

Guest HartFan86

"Scotty 2 Hotty's neck injury is more serious than has been mentioned in the Ross Report. He has damage to more vertabrae in his neck than Austin or Benoit had. Even with the surgery he might not be able to come back. "

That's too bad.

Guest Some Guy

I'm not a fan of Scotty, but I hate to see his career ended, if this is the case.

Larry is a tool.

The Hogan/Goldberg thing is interesting.

The HHH jealousy report seems to validate the HHHaters opinion of him.  Holding people down is done from a jealous or nervous standpoint so it makes sense.

Guest Brian

I've learned not to pay any attention to Meltzer's * ratings anymore as much of what he says seems to be off lately.

Really Larry what have you done for wrestling lately. If anyones a living legend its Flair or Hogan or even McMahon.

Guest Risk
Really Larry what have you done for wrestling lately. If anyones a living legend its Flair or Hogan or even McMahon.

You forgot Maven and Blackman.  ;)    

Anyways, Thesz, Flair, Steamboat, Savage, Hogan, Sting, Vader, Muto, and some may say Shane Douglas(elevating the ECW title to World status and helping to create a phenominon).

Guest bcu1979
I've learned not to pay any attention to Meltzer's * ratings anymore as much of what he says seems to be off lately.

Anything in particular that you didn't care for? I didn't order Backlash so I can't comment on his match ratings for that show. He does seem to enjoy those tag team title cluster matches for some strange reason. But I thought he was pretty fair for the most part with his comments on the last couple shows. He pretty much panned all the crappy matches at NWO and Mania and didn't make any excuses for guys he usually praises like Austin and Angle.

Guest bps "The Truth" 21

I think that he overrated Edge vs. Angle a tad.

Not that it wasn't good...and that I didn't like it...

Just that **** 1/4 is pretty high IMO.

I could buy *** 3/4.

The WWF has had some talks with Goldberg about a contract buy-out and then signing with the WWF. But these talks have been off and on for about a year. Hogan wanted to bring Goldberg in with him, instead of Nash and Hall.

I thought the WWF wanted to bring in Hogan and Nash together and they both convinced Vicne to sign Scott Hall too.

Scotty 2 Hotty's neck injury is more serious than has been mentioned in the Ross Report. He has damage to more vertabrae in his neck than Austin or Benoit had. Even with the surgery he might not be able to come back.

Damn. What happened to his neck anyway?

Guest gilpdawg

The Torch gave Edge/Angle ***3/4. Figure 4 Weekly gave it **** 1/4. Go figure. The Torch actually under-rated a match compared to the other sheets when it's usually the other way around.

Guest Brian

I was looking mainly at Edge/Angle, which after many a copying, I still think is *** tops and not better than Tajiri/Kidman.

I would probably give Edge angle a 3 and 3/4 and tajiri Kidman 3 and 1/2.

Larry is a tool oh it's true #### i have always hated that guy.

####. What happened to his neck anyway?

Carrying Lawler's son and Albert will do that to you.

Guest bcu1979
I thought the WWF wanted to bring in Hogan and Nash together and they both convinced Vicne to sign Scott Hall too.

####. What happened to his neck anyway?

I left out a sentence in my recap of the Goldberg thing. Meltzer said that the negotiations with Goldberg has been going off and on for about a year. But the last time they were somewhat serious was when Hogan was in negotations to come in. Hogan was trying to broker a deal where he would come in with Goldberg, instead of Nash and Hall. He did not know how serious the negotations were at the moment.

If I remember correctly, Nash was the first one that was going to come in. And then he talked Vince into bringing in Hall and Hogan as well. Meltzer didn't elaborate but I am guessing Hogan was going to double cross Hall and Nash so he could come in with Goldberg, who would be a much hotter act.

Scotty's neck has been bothering him for a while. He took off a couple months last year when Angle "snapped his ankle." He's been putting off surgery for some time now and it's gotten a lot worse since he returned.

Larry Nabisco is suing the wwf over That? WTF. Wasn't the Living Legend Bruno Samartino the living legend before Larry Nabisco ever put on his tights.

Larry Nabisco err Zybisco whatever his Jim Bleushi looking dude name is. Larry Crisco Nabisco the Living Crap can go bake me some cookies.

Damn. What happened to his neck anyway?

All I know is that he's had problems over the course of his career that made his neck this way. And he could've got it fixed a long time ago, but opted for rehab instead of surgery.

I think Scotty is alright in the ring, but nothing too special. You still hate to see someone that young with potential having to bow out of wrestling like that.

Guest Sandman9000

Actually, I think Scotty is in his 30's, since he wrestled around my area in the late 80's early 90's, and looked to be in his mid/late 20's then.  And he really isn't that talented, he just did his stupid little worm and that got over.  He's a pathetic piece of Maine shit, since by living in Maine, I can say that everybody in Maine is a pathetic piece of shit.  Fuck, I can't wait for college to leave this shithole.

Oh yeah, Scotty iz old.

That's a bit over the top, isn't it? He's an all right wrestler, and with the pavlov's dogs in the audience you need something like the worm to get over. Never really liked too cool, but I hate to hear that about someone!

Guest MarvinisaLunatic

Brock Lesnar wins 170 + matches in a row, only to be beaten and have his streak stopped by Goldberg at Vengeance.

Smell the buy rate!

A question for Larry Z. - Is Larryland anywhere near Planet Stasiak?

Guest TheMikeSC

Actually, I think Scotty is in his 30's, since he wrestled around my area in the late 80's early 90's, and looked to be in his mid/late 20's then.  And he really isn't that talented, he just did his stupid little worm and that got over.  He's a pathetic piece of Maine shit, since by living in Maine, I can say that everybody in Maine is a pathetic piece of shit.  Fuck, I can't wait for college to leave this shithole.

Oh yeah, Scotty iz old. >>>

I dunno. He can work well when in the ring with the right opponents.

His matches with Malenko rocked.

-=Mike

...And I'm not a Malenko mark by any stretch of the imagination.

Guest converge241

I was surprised the Goldberg story was kind of buried in the Obs.

That being said , I hope they NEVER get him. And its not that I dislike him, I just think it would be  a waste. He doenst care about the business his star power is waned (i may eat those words ala Hogan) and theyve got BROCK~!

Tell him to go punch a third car and mess up his hand again :)

just keep him away!

I HATE goldberg so I could totally live without seeing him on TV again. Plus, like some have said, Goldberg doesn't care about the business and he was a shitty worker. He could barely work in WcW, no way he could figure out "WWf Style."

Also, he has alot of heat with guys in the WWF.

Guest Vern Gagne

<<He uses the Rolling Stone article where Rock mentions Jericho and Austin as his closest friends as supporting evidence.>>

I'm suprised Rock is close friends with Chris Jericho. Maybe that's why  they work well together?

Guest bcu1979
I'm suprised Rock is close friends with Chris Jericho. Maybe that's why  they work well together?

I don't know if it explains their ring chemistry since some guys who didn't get along in the past have put on some tremendous matches together.

But I think it certainly explains why Jericho always came across the strongest during his title reign when he was wrestling or cutting promos against Rock.

Guest dreamer420

That really sucks for Scotty.  What happened to his neck that caused this to happen?