TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
MarvinisaLunatic

Bill Gates' money is burning a hole in his wallet

Bill Gates wants to buy Nintendo, again..

Wishful thinking from the world's richest man?

Microsoft chairman Bill Gates has told a German financial magazine that he remains interested in buying Nintendo, stating that "if Hiroshi Yamauchi phones me, I will pick up at once."

Gates told WirtschaftsWoche magazine that he would immediately make an offer for the company if Yamauchi, who remains the largest shareholder in the firm despite retiring from his position as president over two years ago, indicated willingness to sell.

However, his comments seem to be largely in the realms of wishful thinking, as Yamauchi retains a keen interest in the running of the company, which has been in his family for over a century, and is highly unlikely to consider a sale to the American software giant.

MORE..

Not going to happen.

And you should see the online arguments springing up on the news already. X Box fanboys going "YEAH! Finally we'll be able to play HALO and Zelda on the same system, wont it be awesome!" along with Nintendo fanboys screaming "NOOOOOOOOOO!" and throwing fits saying it will be the end of the video game industry.

I'd love Nintendo to become a 3rd party developer for the next gen of consoles, but not by becoming a part of Microsoft.

If they take a bath on the next system, they may consider doing just that, much like Sega did after the Dreamcast got blown out of the water by the PS2.

Guest Kageho

I'd just like to say that should Nintendo ever fall out of the console and handheld madness, I will be a sad gamer. Most of my first full-length gaming sessions were on the old NES system, and so a little part of me would die if Nintendo would just produce games.

Sure, Nintendo would be a great gaming producer, but I always associated Nintendo with console and handheld machines. Not just the games.

I have both systems so I'm inbetween and I think it would suck if what happen to Sega happend to Nintendo. I mean its the system we all grew up with.

It wouldn't be all that bad if Nintendo kept going strong with their handhelds. Since MS wants to win over the Japanese market, they wouldn't be crushing Nintendo attempts at making kooky, creative, thoroughly-Japanese titles.

However, MS would probably prevent many of those ridiculous hardware decisions Nintendo makes all the time. That's a good thing. :)

However, Nintendo probably is years and years away from a time where they'd let MS buy them out.