TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
MillenniumMan831

My scrollbars are moving automatcially

For the last few months, my scrollbars have been moving up and down on their own. Sometimes, it’s not too bad at all. Other times, it is pure hell. I have used Spybot, Ad Aware, and Norton and I can’t figure out what is wrong with it. This happens on IE, Microsoft Word, Yahoo Mail, ect. I tried using Mozilla instead and it still didn’t help. I’m on Windows XP and I am suspicious this may have something to do w/ being on a network w/ my brother. Or of course, it could be a hacker. I’m probably screwed. Any suggestions? Thanks.

It's one of those laser mouses from Gateway (who has a history of churning out junky products). I may get a new one. Oh wait, I know what you mean now, the little wheel on top of the mouse. Yeah, that's definitely possible it's all screwed up. Eother way, I'm probably gonna pick up a new one sooner than later. Thanks for the input.

Guest I'm That Damn Zzzzz

Pop out the up and down keys and clean underneath them.

If you are losing your hair you'll find it there. [/sobbing over my receding hair line]

My optical mouse is weird. My bars won't move up and down on its own, but it'll right click on its own. And then if I move it wrong, it'll go back to the previous window. Very annoying.