TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
WrestlingDeacon

Identify movies for my column

I've been doing decent the past couple weeks, but we've got some doozies this week. I haven't even tried to run down anything yet since I've been busy, so any help at all is appreciated and will be accredited to you in my column.

"I saw a movie a few years back starring Luke Perry. I don't remember

much from it except that Perry played a hitchhiker, and he got beaten up a few times during the movie. One of the subplots was about a door to door salesman who sold vaccum cleaners and killed his customers. It was kind of watchable in a

strange way."

"Another movie I also need help with is a movie about a secretary who was really like "Patrick Bateman crazy". She kept on killing her work mates and hade them in her basement stuffed up, and she kept on dressing them and talking to them.

It was a very weird movie. She was played by an actor I have seen in

many B-sitcoms, shes's small and blonde and have an annoying voice. So if you know wich movie I'm refering to I would be grateful."

"I don't have so much details for this question but I give it a try. It's a movie I saw around 1985 as a child, its'a a fantasy movie where the hero (I think he has a beard) had a sidekick who has blue/greyish skin and he uses a bow and arrow as a weapon, he looked elfish. The movie is in a "Conan like" enviroment/time.

I remember in the end they pour out gun powder from the evil guys base all the way out and light it. The "evil boss" had several wifes during the movie, he killed them one by one. I think he got his orders from a demon of som kind."

"the story of the movie is there is a war where people can't go to school work etc. there is depression and a boys father sets up a basketball hoop and clears a court. then his wife manages to take her son to somewhere safer. he has to stay as he is going to be called up by the governement soon. the sad bit at the end of the film is when there is a siren for an air raid and he goes to play basketball at the court (sad as his son has left) and is killed."

"I'm sort of the resident movie buff around here and can usually name any movie my friends describe to me, but I just got stumped. I had two of my friends describing some movie they saw as kids. Some of the details:

-Kids movie from around the 80's.

-Involved a mirror that transported kids to another world.

-Something to do with a witch and a jar full of berries that could make you young again and/or cure illness.

-The kids were trying to get the berries for their grandmother.

I guessed Labrynth, but they said that wasn't it. Should I have them commited?"

That last one I've seen, my sister used to have it on tape, but neither of us can remember what it was called. We know that it tied into some sort of toy line as the kid traveled with these dolls, they were like a cross between cabbage patch dolls and puffalumps. If we could just figure out what the toy was, I know I can track down the movie.

Guest Fook

I'm pretty sure the Luke Perry one is "American Strays".

Edit: CM Funk is too fast for me.

I'll give Fook and Pimpmasta Swank both credit. Thanks. And that last one is not Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe. JUST FIGURE OUT WHAT THE FUCKING DOLLS WERE AND I CAN FIGURE IT OUT. That is driving me and my sister equally nuts right now. Now I know how my readers feel on these damn things.

No, not Garbage Pail Kids. I know them. These were like straight ripoffs of cabbage patch dolls, but soft and fluffy and pinkish like a puffalump. That could be a bit off, but that's how we remember them.

I only see two left.

"I don't have so much details for this question but I give it a try. It's a movie I saw around 1985 as a child, its'a a fantasy movie where the hero (I think he has a beard) had a sidekick who has blue/greyish skin and he uses a bow and arrow as a weapon, he looked elfish. The movie is in a "Conan like" enviroment/time.

I remember in the end they pour out gun powder from the evil guys base all the way out and light it. The "evil boss" had several wifes during the movie, he killed them one by one. I think he got his orders from a demon of som kind."

"the story of the movie is there is a war where people can't go to school work etc. there is depression and a boys father sets up a basketball hoop and clears a court. then his wife manages to take her son to somewhere safer. he has to stay as he is going to be called up by the governement soon. the sad bit at the end of the film is when there is a siren for an air raid and he goes to play basketball at the court (sad as his son has left) and is killed."

Aren't those it?