TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Harry, Archie and Gus

Best of 2004?

What r the top 5 matches or moments/angles/promos in TNA this year?

Thanks

Harry, Archie and Gus

I'm not gonna think too much about angles, but going through the archives, so far here are the best TNA matches of 2004, all around **** matches:

1/7/04: Ultimate X II: X Division Champion Michael Shane vs. Chris Sabin vs. Low Ki vs. Christopher Daniels

2/11/04: America's X Cup Final: Jerry Lynn, Chris Sabin, Sonjay Dutt and Elix Skipper vs. Juventud Guerrera, Hector Garza, Mr. Aguilla and Abisbo Negro

3/10/04: America's X Cup Final: Guerrera, Hector Garza, Mr. Aguilla and Abisbo Negro vs. Teddy Hart, Jack Evans, Eric Young and Johnny Devine

3/17/04: Ladder Match for #1 Contendership: AJ Styles vs. Abyss

3/17/04: NWA World Title: Jeff Jarrett vs. Chris Harris

4/14/04: #1 Contendership: Raven vs. Chris Harris

4/21/04: Steel Cage NWA World Title: Jeff Jarrett vs. AJ Styles

5/5/04: NWA World Title: AJ Styles vs. Raven

5/19/04: Deadly Draw, NWA World Title: AJ Styles vs. Ron Killings vs. Raven vs. Chris Harris

5/26/04: World X Cup Ladder Match: Jerry Lynn vs. Taichi Ichicari vs. Eric Young vs. Mr. Aguilla

5/26/04: World X Cup, Ultimate X III: Chris Sabin vs. Petey Williams vs. Hector Garza

6/2/04: King Of The Mountain Match, NWA World Title: Ron Killings vs. Jeff Jarrett vs. AJ Styles vs. Raven vs. Chris Harris

6/30/04: X Title Match: AJ Styles vs. Chris Sabin vs. Michael Shane vs. Kazarian vs. Primetime vs. Amazing Red

7/14/04: Double Ladder Match: The Naturals vs. America's Most Wanted

7/21/04: 6 Sides of Steel Cage Match, NWA World Tag Titles: The Naturals vs. America's Most Wanted

7/28/04: Ultimate X IV, X Division Title: AJ Styles vs. Kazarian vs. Michael Shane

So, up to this point those are the matches that are worthy of a best of comp.

Guest The Last Free Voice
I'm not gonna think too much about angles, but going through the archives, so far here are the best TNA matches of 2004, all around **** matches:

1/7/04: Ultimate X II: X Division Champion Michael Shane vs. Chris Sabin vs. Low Ki vs. Christopher Daniels

2/11/04: America's X Cup Final: Jerry Lynn, Chris Sabin, Sonjay Dutt and Elix Skipper vs. Juventud Guerrera, Hector Garza, Mr. Aguilla and Abisbo Negro

6/2/04: King Of The Mountain Match, NWA World Title: Ron Killings vs. Jeff Jarrett vs. AJ Styles vs. Raven vs. Chris Harris

6/30/04: X Title Match: AJ Styles vs. Chris Sabin vs. Michael Shane vs. Kazarian vs. Primetime vs. Amazing Red

These were the ones I was going to put. I honestly don't see how you can say any of those other matches were worthy of being on a best of comp, and four stars for those? I don't think most of those you listed were even close. I know Chris Harris hasn't been in any four star singles matches. I don't even know if I'd give any of his singles stuff three and a half.

The first AJ/Kazarian match was pretty good for a Kazarian outing, and it had AJ's X Title win and the Spiral Tap... So you may want to put that on there.

Guest spags56

Team Canada V Team NWA from week 92 (5/5/04)... This was marvelous, better then the 8 man matches on the actual X cups id say.

Guest Markingout
5/26/04: World X Cup Ladder Match: Jerry Lynn vs. Taichi Ichicari vs. Eric Young vs. Mr. Aguilla

5/26/04: World X Cup, Ultimate X III: Chris Sabin vs. Petey Williams vs. Hector Garza

These matches sucked...

Only TNA matches worth a damn this year have been Ultimate X2 and the first America's X-Cup 8-man (Team USA vs. Team Mexico). Also notable is Team Canada vs. Team Mexico from the second America's X-Cup, and some of the Abyss/Styles matches were swank as all hell.

Pretty much anything involving Simon Diamond/Pet Kinney, Glenn Gilberti, Sonny Siaki, Johnny "I Fucking Suck" Swinger, Jeff Jarrett, Monte Brown, and Chris Harris is pretty much utter shyte in my book, too.

These were the ones I was going to put. I honestly don't see how you can say any of those other matches were worthy of being on a best of comp, and four stars for those? I don't think most of those you listed were even close. I know Chris Harris hasn't been in any four star singles matches. I don't even know if I'd give any of his singles stuff three and a half.

The first AJ/Kazarian match was pretty good for a Kazarian outing, and it had AJ's X Title win and the Spiral Tap... So you may want to put that on there.

I've seen Kazarian-Styles. That was a horrible match. No matter what happened before it this match featured a 3 count counted to 2, a 2 count counted to a 3, and a terribly missed Spiral Tap. The first bunch of the match wasn't all that great either other than a couple spots. I really hated this peice of shit.

Guest Staravenger
Pretty much anything involving Simon Diamond/Pet Kinney, Glenn Gilberti, Sonny Siaki, Johnny "I Fucking Suck" Swinger, Jeff Jarrett, Monte Brown, and Chris Harris is pretty much utter shyte in my book, too.

I agree totally except for Jarrett. He's no way a great worker, but he is capable of good matches. His only problem in my book is he relies too much on the old school Memphis brawling.

Diamond is too boring, Swinger is drizzling shit, Sonny Siaki is a poor mans Rock without the talent, Chris Harris works better in tag matches (BARELY, he still can't hot tag worth a shit), and Monte Brown is like all other former athletes who go to wrestling. At least he can handle himself well in promos.

Guest Sykotic2002

Diamond and Swinger are a good tag team, but apart they have been awful.

Actually, Diamond and Swinger WERE a good tag team...in ECW...three years ago...when they were both in shape...and had feuds...and were in a promotion where the pace was fast instead of telling everybody to slow it down...and they were against some really good tag teams...

...man, I hate Johnny Swinger, and I'm disappointed that Diamond let himself go so much.