TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Mole

LAX Video Game...

My friend Kobi is a real estate agent in NYC and he showed the President of Atari some apartments yesterday. While he was showing him some apartments, he gave him an idea about LAX Video Game.

He was telling him how LAX is growing sport in America and how a video game would be a good idea, to get into the un-tapped market. The President said that Acclaim is going out of business and they have the rights to the Pro LAX League (w/e it is called). Either Atari is going to buy the rights from them, buy Acclaim or they arlready do, I am not sure what he said. Basically, the guy liked the idea and will look into it.

My question is, how come no one has made a game LAX game yet?

Last I checked, the Pro League is the National Lacrosse League.

I watched it not that long ago when the season was still going and it ain't a nice sport. Lots of hitting, shoving, crosschecks and nasty stick work.

I loved it personally. I think the other reason why the NLL isn't really given much notice is because the main winners of the NLL have been the Canadian teams. The team with the most Championships is the Toronto Rock. Although, this past season, the Calgary Roughnecks won the NLL Championship over the Buffalo Bandits.

Lacrosse isn't that big of a sport except for maybe in the northeast and even then its only a big deal in the college areas where its played. Theres Major League Lacrosse as well as an Indoor Lacrosse League (the indoor sorta reminds me of hockey on feet/grass). We have one of the best college lacrosse programs in the nation (Salisbury University) and I've been to many games. Its a fun game to watch, and theres a lot of action and scoring.

LAX: The GAME! It's terminally fun!

Actually... throw a GTA-engine on that and I'd probably be a pretty cool concept. Flying to destinations, stopping hijackers, smoking up before your flight and ending up sitting in the middle of a whole whack of marines... oh, wait, nevermind that last one. :P

I think a lacrosse game would do Ok ... not quite at the level of football or basketball games, but if they can make soccer & golf games, why not lacrosse?

I think a lacrosse game would do Ok ... not quite at the level of football or basketball games, but if they can make soccer & golf games, why not lacrosse?

Heck, if they can make snowmobiling arcade games they can certainly make a Lacrosse videogame. It's kind of funny though, it's recognized as our [Canada's] official national sport - yet I don't know anyone who watches it or plays it. :bonk:

Guest Kageho
Heck, if they can make snowmobiling arcade games they can certainly make a Lacrosse videogame. It's kind of funny though, it's recognized as our [Canada's] official national sport - yet I don't know anyone who watches it or plays it. :bonk:

Vivi, I would assume the below person has watched the sport.

I watched it not that long ago when the season was still going and it ain't a nice sport. Lots of hitting, shoving, crosschecks and nasty stick work.

I loved it personally.

Vivi, I would assume the below person has watched the sport.

I loved it personally.

I meant I don't know anyone personally who watches it.

Guest Kageho

:D I was just being a smartass.

Besides, it's pretty entertaining sport. Lots of goals, lots of rough play, and definitely physicality a plenty. Actually there was a lacrosse game released long ago, but I dont' remember what it was called.