TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
EVIL~! alkeiper

Olympic Chatter

Guest croweater

Australia is doing pretty well so far in cycling. I find this to be probably the most adrenaline pumping event in the whole Olympics.

Guest Nanks

Anna Meares threw down a World Record in the 500m to take gold for Australia!!!

Shane Kelly produced a massive Olympic Record in the 1000m only to watch his new record reset 3 times out of the last 4 riders to relegate him to 4th. Shattered.

Some good swimming to come tonight with the 100 fly and 50 free.

Did anyone see who prevailed in the Aussie v Aussie chicks' beach volleyball earlier??

Guest Nanks

I don't know who it is that's declaring Thorpe the best swimmer in the world. Phelps has got it over him now I reckon.

Sure, Thorpe is hands down the best freestyler in the world, but he's leaving Athens with 2 Gold, 1 Silver & 1 Bronze, all from freestyle events.

Phelps right now has 5 gold and 2 bronze coming from Individual Medleys, Butterfly and Freestyle Relays. He will leave Athens with 6 gold as the US are an absolute certainty to take out the Medley Relay. Peirsol-Hansen-Phelps-Lezak is an unbeatable lineup. He copped a lot of flak for calling the 7 gold, but he's given it a real fuckin' shake. Champion.

Not a bad Olympic day thus far. So far, I have seen women's doubles table tennis, even though it was a squash for the Chinese. I also got to cross Indonesia + Thailand off my list of countries that I haven't seen, as I saw them in the badminton semis. I also managed to watch the Japanese women's soccer team lose again on an absolutely embarrassing play(FUCKING PASSIVE OFFSIDES!) It's just as well, since I doubt they would have beat the Germans anyway. At least, they are a competitive team on the rise now, better than the Chinese who seem to be on the fall in Women's soccer.

Did anyone see who prevailed in the Aussie v Aussie chicks' beach volleyball earlier??

I saw it, but wasn't paying too much attention, but the team without the formerly retired player won. NBC's announcers may have jinxed them though as they basically wrote off their next opponent(The Italians) as having no chance in hell against the Aussies. I am half expecting an upset, considering the Italians already pulled one against the Germans.

I don't know who it is that's declaring Thorpe the best swimmer in the world. Phelps has got it over him now I reckon.

That's because Thorpe beat Phelps in the match that everybody cared about. Sort of like how it doesn't matter what you win in track, it is the 100m winner that becomes the 'fastest man on earth'.

Anybody know the rules of Judo? It seems like if the aggressor can do a throw or sweep and get the opponet to land on the back then the match is over.

Guest Nanks

That's pretty much it, but the match is only over then and there if they throw them to the mat outside the rectangle.

Guest Nanks

I hope you're ashamed of yourself for that one Kotz, you're capable of far better....