TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
EVIL~! alkeiper

MLB Game Chatter

Guest Anglesault

Well, the Yankees lose AGAIN (To a team that hasn't won since the Clinton Administration, mind you), lose yet another game to Boston, get shutdown by the MIGHTY Indian bullpen and expose A-Rod even more for the total disaster that he is this year, Gordon is exhausted, Sheffield will probably never see a hittable pitch in a ralley again and Duque looked craptastic.

But, at least the squirrel provided me with hours of entertainment.

I hate the month of August. I really, really do.

Edited by Anglesault

Even the mightiest of losing streaks must come to an end somehow.

Maybe you should just be happy that they didn't get swept, since it took back-to-back rallies Monday and Tuesday to avoid defeat. I won't argue about Gordon being exhausted, though. You'd swear there are only three relievers on the Yankees roster the way Torre uses his pen.

Guest Anglesault
You'd swear there are only three relievers on the Yankees roster the way Torre uses his pen.

They kind of are. But he really could have a) left Q in for the eight or b) Brought Rivera in when the walks started.

And can someone tell me why the "greatest player in the game" turns into ME everytime he comes up with someone on second base? Hell, not even me, because I would have gone to the manager and asked to bat in the 7 or 8 hole by now.

After being no hit into the 6th by Bruce Chen of all people, Marco Scutaro of all people hits a game winning three-run homer off of B.J. Ryan to give the A's a 3-0 win.

Angels are up big on the Royals. This will make 11 straight days the A's have had a half game lead in their division.

Meaning that individual batting statistics are subject to variation. Over the last three years, A-Rod has hit 317/422/643 with runners in scoring position. Did he forget how to hit, or is it simply bad luck? I'm inclined to believe the latter.

Guest Anglesault

Certainly an assload of bad luck that now, in effect, made Sheffield and (at points) Matsui/Posada more or less useless.

Edited by Anglesault

Did he forget how to hit, or is it simply bad luck? I'm inclined to believe the latter.

Typical random baseball writer response to the above: "A-Rod obviously can't handle the pressure of playing in New York".

Guest Anglesault
Did he forget how to hit, or is it simply bad luck? I'm inclined to believe the latter.

Typical random baseball writer response to the above: "A-Rod obviously can't handle the pressure of playing in New York".

Maybe he can't. Wouldn't be the first one.

Guest webmasterofwrestlegame

The Angels went a little crazy last night, beating Kansas City 21 - 6 with DaVannon getting a cycle.

Texas may start to slip away as Oakland and the Angels have been red hot this month.

Continuing a family tradition, Stephen Drew will not sign with the Arizona Diamondbacks, returning to Florida State University. Drew and the D'backs could not come to an agreement on a contract.

So the '69 Cubs had that black cat, maybe this squirrel can end the Yanks' division championship hopes. Notice that the girl with the "I love the squirell" T-shirt, had that shirt made in RED.

Guest Anglesault

The total non-effort by the groundscrew to get rid of it was a bit annoying.

Yes, asshole, it was funny for the three or four innings that you did nothing and it ran around. NOW GO GET IT.

Guest Anglesault
So the Yankees won last night, and who got the big hit?

The man wasn't batting .000 with RISP. He has gotten hits like that before (At Fenway, for instance)

God willing this is going to turn things around.

Unfortunately, that's about the sixth time I've uttered that sentence this year.

Pretty tough to win when your starter gives up eight runs. The bullpen was solid until they brought Farnsworth in. While the game was basically over at that point, it was still just a three-run game, but Farnsworth giving up SIX runs sealed the deal.

Very tough game to watch from the fourth inning on, as it looked like it'd be an interesting slugfest from the outset, but that only worked for the Stros. Still, it's just one game and you'd be hardpressed to beat Roy Oswalt two times in under a week. Carlos Beltran will probably be cutting his wrists when it comes time to leave Wrigely. I can't remember a game he's played there in which he didn't homer (actually, I don't think there's been one).

As for Farnsworth, I think they need to do something. It's clear he's not working the kinks out of whatever is causing him to pitch so horribly, but he's going to be a huge liability for the team down the stretch. He's been given a lot of chances, but he really can't seem to put it all together. Tough for him, but those are the breaks.

Oh God, I just got done watching that Cubs game. They managed to limp to within 9-6, and then they put in your hero and mine: Farnsworth. SIX RUNS? Six fucking runs?? This guy is becoming a running joke with my brother and me. He's just pathetic.

Incidentally, the Cubs need to sign Carlos Beltran like yesterday. The guy is batting .500 career at Wrigley!

Agreed. This isn't panic talk, either. Regardless if it's a close game or not, Farnsworth rarely avoids trouble. I thought Dusty leaving him in was a smart move, though. The game was already over and there's no reason to wear down your bullpen any further. Kyle's gotta learn some lessons. If the Cubs are gonna make a move as far as relievers go, they better hurry it up. They've only got a couple more days if they want him to be eligible for the postseason roster.

Guest Anglesault
Oh God, I just got done watching that Cubs game. They managed to limp to within 9-6, and then they put in your hero and mine: Farnsworth. SIX RUNS? Six fucking runs?? This guy is becoming a running joke with my brother and me. He's just pathetic.

Incidentally, the Cubs need to sign Carlos Beltran like yesterday.

Why would they want my favorite future?

Besides, they should be more interested in replacing my other favorite furute Yankee.

I'd think Beltran would love to sign with the Cubs. The guy smokes the ball at Wrigley. Given the Cubs's luck they'd sign the guy and he'd start sucking.

It's time for the Cubs to get someone else in that bullpen though. Farnsworth has gotten to the point where I don't even get mad when he enters the game, I just sit back and laugh at the ineptitude about to unfold.

The Cubbies also have a few options in AAA if they want to call up somebody to help bolster the bullpen.

Mike Wuertz: 2.72 ERA in 33 appearances. 53 K vs 15 BB and has allowed 13 runs(12 of them earned). He's given up 4 HR and 29 hits in 39.2 IP.

Kevin Tolar: 3.62 ERA in 48 appearances. 71 K vs 38 BB and has allowed 30 runs(22 of them earned). He's given up 2 HR and 53 hits in 54.2 IP.

Will Ohman: 4.07 ERA in 41 appearances. 68 K vs 25 BB and has allowed 25 runs(22 of them earned). He's given up 5 HR and 51 hits in 48.2 IP.

They also could always call up Sergio Mitre and use him in the bullpen as a long relief guy.

Guest Anglesault
I'd think Beltran would love to sign with the Cubs.

Can the Cubs afford to outbid the Yankees?

The Yankees are going to have to look at their team, and pitching might be a bigger necessity. I don't know if the Cubs can outbid the Yankees, but they can bid competitively. Of course, the Cubs will probably need a shortstop more than a center fielder.

Why would they want my favorite future?

Besides, they should be more interested in replacing my other favorite furute Yankee.

Only a Yankee fan thinks of established stars as "prospects."

Who's this other favorite you speak of?