TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest admin

New Board Stuff! Read IN

Guest admin

Ok, i have been changeing many thing up here.  I have got rid of most of the transfering messages.  Also added some more avatars from Don.  And i'am currently working on 2 skins for the forums.  1 skin for dial-up users which will be vary bland, no graphics mainly, and very basic.  the 2nd one will be the offical Smarkboard skin which will be the default one and be very pretty from how i have been working on it.  Let me know if anyone has any ideas.

Guest Dark Lotus

Is the "official" skin going to be that god-awful yellow?  I'm sorry, but that quite frankly is a horrid color, IMO.  Go with a neutral color for the "main" color.  If you want to highlight it with the mustard yellow, that's cool.  But not the all-yellow background like on the old board.

Guest admin

lol, ok. i have some ideas that i think you all will like,  i don't think what i have worked on any has any yellow.  however the 56k one is basicly done.  it uses the same yellow logo until i make one or someone else here makes one and e-mails it to me or something.

Guest MarvinisaLunatic

are the skins going to be mandatory? Personally I like the look of the forums as it is.  Thanks for getting rid of the transfering messages as well.

Guest EI Cubano

I thought the yellow rocked the party, hell, I have a cable modem and I'll use the 56k skin if its like the old forum.

Guest admin

Well, its u to you guys, the current skin is default, it will always be here.  i also will have a patriotic theme, Mac/OSX theme, XboX theme, and many other colored ones if you want them, just sometime soon i will have the smarks one and the 56k one. if any the 56k one will be done first.  recomment some colors, themes or something.  Soccoer?  Wretling theme would be hard i bet.

Guest admin

Added a quick reply feature. Hopefully this helps on slower speeds.  If it was fast would this still be neccesary?

Guest Dark Lotus

I love the quick reply thing.  Again, one less page to load means more time for post whoring.  :)

Seriously though, it's much easier to just scroll up a little to remember what you're replying to without having to wait for a reply page to load.

Guest Scotsman

Quick reply thing rules.

I WANT THE NEW MESSAGES THING DAMNIT!  :)  When theres new messages in a forum have the word *NEW* in maybe yellow or red or something.

Guest Scotsman

Oh yeah....have the MARK FORUM READ thing at the [top] of the board.  Everyones more used to that from ezboard.  please.  honey. *kiss*

Guest MarvinisaLunatic
Well, its u to you guys, the current skin is default, it will always be here.  i also will have a patriotic theme, Mac/OSX theme, XboX theme, and many other colored ones if you want them, just sometime soon i will have the smarks one and the 56k one. if any the 56k one will be done first.  recomment some colors, themes or something.  Soccoer?  Wretling theme would be hard i bet.

Uh.  I'll be sure to stay clear of that X Box theme.

Now a Gamecube theme, that would be cool.

Guest The Masked Yodeler

I want an Ultimate Warrior theme.  Tons of bright colors thrown incoherently around.

Guest admin

Lol, ok for now i think i'll stick w/ 3  themes,  1.) Smarkboard theme(Not yellow) 2.)14k dialup skin(no graphics bascily) 3.) the default skin w/ quick reply

Guest Don Becker
I say leave it as is.

That's the beauty of the theme stuff - you can leave it as is.

Oh, and Mike - install the KDE theme for me and see if you can add the Quick Reply stuff to all the skins.

Guest Scotsman
For an "admin" you sure are a lousy speller.

Is there a rule stating that all "admins" must be good spellers?  Or are you just being a dick?

Guest admin

Laugh Out Loud!  Is that better?  I type fast when i post b/c i know people can understand what i'am saying anyways so i don't care about spelling.  :)