TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest MaxPower27

Flyers blast barber

Guest MaxPower27

Anybody hear about the Flyers publicly insulting head coach ?Bill Barber?

Brian Boucher said something along the lines that it seemed that things weren't getting done, they were having meetings about having meetings.

Keith Primeau ripped Barber, as Philly had one of the worst power plays in the league, yet they never practiced it.

Does anybody else think that Barber won't return next year, after Ottawa beat the living bejesus out of them in the playoffs?

Oh, and what's everyone's second round predictions?

Montreal v. Carolina

Toronto/New York v. Ottawa

Detroit v. St. Louis

Colorado v. San Jose

Guest hockeytown9321

I enjoyed Gretzky's comments about Philly.  When JR left Phoenix he said they wouldn't win 20 games.  After the Coyotes were eliminated, Wanye said even though Phoenix only scored about a goal a game, it was still about 3 more than the Flyers had.

As for the second round, I can't see Carolina winning, and I think there will be a Toronto-Montreal conference final.  In the west, it's hard not to go with Detroit and Colorado, although, San Jose could give the Av's a scare.

Guest What?!

I just have a feeling that San Jose is going to win the whole damn thing. No one is expecting them to do it, but when you look at their team and what they've accomplished you go "Whoa, maybe they can"

Guest dreamer420

Montreal v. Carolina

winner: carolina

winner: toronto

Detroit v. St. Louis

winner: detroit

Colorado v. San Jose

winner: colorado

Guest gthureson

On the Flyers/Barber situation: Yep, he is officially gone.   Clarke should soon follow.   He won't, of course.   But he has gone through six coaches in seven years, hasn't won anything, but its his team more than anybody else's.   Find someone who knows how to build a 'team', and maybe the Flyers will go all the way.  But not with the group of individuals they've got.

Carolina/Montreal:  I'm a Canes fan, so I'll be biased here.   Carolina matches up well with Montreal.  I think they can take them in 6.

NYI/Toronto:  I have a feeling Toronto is about to implode, and the Isles will win their first road game of the playoffs.  Which leads to---

Ottawa/NYI:  Ottawa is riding a hot goalie and playing a tough team game.   Plus, they don't have Yashin.   The Isles do.   Win for Ottawa.

Detroit/St. Louis:  Detroit is too deep for the Blues to match up well against.   Detroit in 5.

SJ/Colorado:  San Jose should be able to beat Colorado.  But I don't think they will.

Setting up:  Ottawa vs. Carolina and Detroit vs. Colorado.

With Ottawa and Detroit advancing.

My predictions for the first round were better than Bob 'Mr. Insider' McKenzie's, for what thats worth.

Guest redbaron51

Barber's gone, and so is Clarke in a few days. I can't see Phili keeping Bobby Clarke at all.

Predictions:

Montreal/Carolina: Montreal in 5 games. I can't see Carolina doing much too Montreal this series. Theodore is on a roll, and every line of Montreal is doing well. Carolina, there luck is about running out. They do not have the size of Boston, or the depth in forwards. They do have an excellent defence though, but if that is beating by Montreal speed, then Weeks is done for.

Toronto/NYI: Islanders to win tonight, in overtime. 3-2. Yashin will be a major force tonight since Corson is not  there, and Cujo's playing ability is less than great.

NYI/Ottawa: I'm seeing New York advancing, even though, Ottawa is a Canadian team. It'll be a good series, but I think Osgood will carry the team past Ottawa in 6 games.

Toronto/Ottawa: Ottawa in 6. Cujo's playing ability will hurt them, and also I the resurgance by a lot of Ottawa players will make a threat to Toronto, especially on there slow defence.

Detroit/St. Louis: Well if St. Louis takes one, I'm shocked, unless Johnson plays well against Chicago this might go to seven. Detroit has too much experiance on there hands.

San Jose/Colorado: I actually think San Jose will defeat Colorado. Not in seven, but in five games. The only problem that I can see San Jose to loose if Nabakov plays utter garbage.

Guest MaxPower27

As much as I hate to admit it, Montreal has one hell of a shot to come out of the east. I didn't want them to defeat my bruins, but here we are.

MTL/CAR- Carolina is probably the most experienced team remaining in the east (Brind'Amour/Francis/Irbe and a horde of other vets), but I think that Weekes should start in net. He's white hot right now, having just shut out and eliminated the defending Eastern conference champions.  MTL in 6

NYI/TOR- This game is gonna be fun. If Yashin steps up and shows he's among the elite in the league, Isles win. If Cujo actually strts playing like Cujo and not like he has been, Leafs win.

Either way, Ottawa has a great shot as well. Lalime has been superb in net, he demolished Philly. With Alfredsson heating up, Bonk with some confidence, and Havlat flying around the ice, Ottawa is a force. They have a good solid D too.

Ottawa defeats NYI/TOR in 5.

DET/STL- St. Louis is a good team, obviously, but now, they play a great team. If Hasek is off like he was in the first two games against VAN, I don't think DET has another comeback left in them. If St. Louis jumps up on DET, DEt will go out, but it's a huge maybe. DET in 6

COL/SJS- The winner of this series comes out of the Western Conference. Colorado's PP was atrocious against LA, If San Jose can attack Forsberg/Sakic, and keep them from scoring, Nabokov just has to keep Drury from smoking the team himself. SJS in 6

Guest redbaron51

I was happy enough when Montreal won game 1. But how they played in Game 2 and 3, well...bragging rights were up for grabs.

Guest Spaceman Spiff

I would be very surprised to see Clarke fired.  Pleasantly surprised, but surprised none the less.  Clarke is Snider's boy.

And it's funny, I thought everything was going to be hunky-dory once "locker room cancer" Eric Lindros was gone?  I know LeClair must have missed Lindros since he only ended up w/ 20-something goals.

Guest MaxPower27
I was happy enough when Montreal won game 1. But how they played in Game 2 and 3, well...bragging rights were up for grabs.

Even as a huge Bruins' fan, I will admit that if they had won the series, it would have been grand theft. With all the turnovers in their own zone, many of them leading to MTL goals, they didn't deserve to move on. MTL, I'll give them credit, instead of goonifying the game on saturday, they hit BOS where it hurt the most. Elimination.

My hat goes off to Therrien, Charrbonneu and the rest of MTL coaching staff.

Guest Phr33k

Mine are:

Montreal 4-2 Carolina

Toronto 4-3 Ottawa

Detroit 3-4 St. Louis

Colorado 2-4 San Jose

Montreal 3-4 Toronto

San Jose 4-2 St. Louis

San Jose 4-2 Toronto

Guest Will Scarlet

My meaningless predictions:

Montreal v. Carolina

Who I want to win: Montreal

Who I think will probably win: Montreal

Who I want to win: Ottawa

Who I think will probably win: Toronto

Detroit v. St. Louis

Who I want to win: St. Louis

Who I think will probably win: Detroit because, much like Hulk Hogan, they may be way old, but they just never seem to go away.

Colorado v. San Jose

Who I want to win: If St. Louis advances, San Jose. If Detroit advances, Colorado.

Who I think will probably win: Colorado

What I want the Stanley Cup matchup to be: San Jose vs. Montreal

What I think it will be: Detroit vs. Toronto

Guest Vern Gagne

6 different coaches in 5 years. A different goalie every year. What seems to be the one thing in Philadelphia that remains the same. Bobby Clarke. It's time for Ed Snider to figure that maybe the GM is at fault.

Guest Spaceman Spiff

Ed Snider was quoted in today's Philadelphia Inquirer that Clarke won't be getting fired.