TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest converge241

What are you listening to right now?

Guest godthedog

'bitches brew', miles davis

i'm kind of digging this album, but oh my god is it long-winded. tool, dylan, hendrix & the velvet underground are all TOTAL PUSSIES compared to miles davis.

of course...they do rock music and he does jazz, so the comparison really doesn't hold. carry on.

Guest Incandenza

Yeah, Bitches Brew could've cut at least one track, but I can't decide which one.

Anyway, "Pachuco Cadaver," by Captain Beefheart. I'm thinking of using this as the intro to my radio show.

Guest godthedog

it's not really the inclusion of too many tracks, it's just that the tracks are so long.

in time, i'm sure i'll like it more. but for now, i'm going to go listen to 'kind of blue'.

any other accessible miles you can recommend?

Guest Incandenza

That's the other problem--I don't think any of the tracks should be shortened. Still, it's a little too long.

I've only recently gotten into Miles, so I can't really help you on anything else.

Guest converge241

pet shop boys - Always on my mind

followed by some Falco

*bow down to Falco!*

Guest DawnBTVS

The Used - The Taste of Ink

Metallica - Until It Sleeps

Aimee Mann - You Could Make A Killing(She ruled on Buffy 2 nights ago, pretty too)

Nirvana - About A Girl(Reading 8/30/1992 Performance)

Guest Incandenza

"Man Out of Time"--Elvis Costello & the Attractions

Rhino Records has put together another fine reissue in the form of Imperial Bedroom. I haven't gotten around to the bonus disc yet, but the remastering is superb--you'd have no idea this was recorded 20 years ago from listening to it--and the inclusion of the always witty and informative liner notes from E.C. himself. As for the disc itself, it's a great first half with a decent second half. Blood & Chocolate suffers a similar fate.

Guest T®ITEC

REM: "How The West Was Won And Where It Got Us"

Known to me as the DUI song, for personal reasons. Those were.. good times.

Guest T®ITEC
Ooh, do tell.

I choose not to. It's not a fun story, or even that interesting. It's more like a "me making myself sick with worry and crying all day" story. Anyway.

Current track:

"Twilight In Paris" by Jem & The Holograms. Hee hee.

Guest T®ITEC

Currently:

"One In A Million" by Skrewdriver... It's a fantastic cover of the aforementioned GNR song.

Guest DragonflyKid

I just downloaded some Mad Season songs, "Wake up" is such a great song, I had already heard "River of deceit" which is of course awesome so I also DLed a live version, "Long gone day" is also great and I just downloaded "Artificial red" to see if it's any good. Staley was so great, AIC remains my all-time fav band and Mad Season sound like they were great the short time they were together. FUCK Matchbox 20 for naming one of their albums Mad Season thus complicating my search for Mad Season songs and info!

I also DLed Celine Dion's "My heart will go on" from the Titanic soundtrack and I love it. I give all songs chances and the Dion song is too powerful and beautiful to deny.

Guest Incandenza

"Femme Fatale"--Ours.

This marks the second time I've ever heard a VU cover that managed not to desecrate the original (the first time was Yo La Tengo doing "I'm Set Free").