TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest converge241

What are you listening to right now?

Guest Eyeball Kid

Track 2 on disc 2 of Godspeed You Black Emperor!'s Lift Yr Skinny Fists Like Antennas to Heaven.

I'm finally coming around on this.

Guest saturnmark4life

SPARKS - this town ain'y big enough for the both of us

heartbeatincreasingheartbeat...

Guest Eyeball Kid

"Eventually"--Ornette Coleman

So I'm finally expanding beyond Miles Davis, and I dig it, man.

Guest godthedog

speaking of miles davis...

i've got 'concierto de aranjuez' on right now, & the beauty of this whole record ('sketches of spain') makes me melt. better than anything else i've heard by him. anything.

i'm gonna OD on miles soon. i downloaded 2 of his albums yesterday ('sketches' and 'miles smiles'), enjoyed both, especially the former. i'm downloading 'in a silent way' as we speak, and i'm determined to download at least 1 new miles album everyday this week.

Guest Eyeball Kid

With the exception of Miles Ahead--I don't care much for the big band sound employed therein--I think I like every Miles Davis album I've heard more than Kind of Blue. And that's saying a lot, believe me.

Guest godthedog

i'd rate them so far as thus:

sketches of spain

kind of blue

miles smiles

birth of the cool

in a silent way

bitches brew

Guest Eyeball Kid

You gotta check out On the Corner, man. It's FUNK.

Oh, and I'm listening to Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds' latest, Nocturama. A big improvement over the drab No More Shall We Part, it is.

Guest godthedog
You gotta check out On the Corner, man. It's FUNK.

Oh, and I'm listening to Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds' latest, Nocturama. A big improvement over the drab No More Shall We Part, it is.

it's on my list of albums to check out. along with 'porgy and bess', 'my funny valentine', 'ESP', 'nefertiti', 'round about midnight' and the whole 'progressive verb' series.

Guest spiny norman

Michael Jackson - Earth Song

Best of his 90s work? I'd say so, or maybe Scream.

Guest DragonflyKid

Johnny Cash, being a fan of both rock and country music I watched Cash' cover of "Hurt" on CMT and MTV2 so I decided to DL it. I can't find it on KaZaa but I went ahead and DLed some of his other songs. "Cocaine Blues", "Delia's Gone", "Walk the line", "Folsom prision blues", "Ring of fire" and his covers "I won't Back down" and "Personal Jesus" were all great. I'll probably even buy a few of his CDs as well as DL more of his stuff.

Aviril Lavigne's new song "I'm with you" is great and I have no problem admitting it.

Guest DragonflyKid

Just found "Hurt" by Johnny Cash, it's under the title "Hurt2". "A boy named Sue" is another good one I DLed.

Guest Agent of Oblivion

Clutch-The Elephant Riders

The more I hear from these guys, the more I love 'em. Neil Fallon's a FANTASTIC vocalist.

Guest saturnmark4life
Clutch-The Elephant Riders

The more I hear from these guys, the more I love 'em. Neil Fallon's a FANTASTIC vocalist.

Hell yeah. Haven't heard that in a while, I'll snatch it off platypusfool.

I'm listenign to 'demons dance alone' by the residents. I have to stop buying cds, i'm gonna be skint soon. Spent unholy amounts on alcohol last night too. Fuck. I've only ever heard good things about the residents, and I decided to succumb to an impulse buy. I'm likin' it, it's surprisingly relaxing.