TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Renegade

Daredevil Director's Cut

From http://www.dvdanswers.com/index.php?r=0&s=1&c=4672

Fox Home Entertainment has officially announced the director's cut of Daredevil which stars Ben Affleck, Jennifer Garner and Colin Farrell. This brand new single-disc release will be available to own from the 30th November this year, and should set you back around $19.98 in total. The film will be presented in 2.35:1 anamorphic widescreen along with English DTS 5.1, Dolby Digital 5.1, Spanish Dolby Surround and French Dolby Surround tracks. The only extra material will be a new audio commentary by director Mark Steven Johnson and Avi Arad and a Making of the Director's Cut featurette. As for the director's cut itself, around twenty-minutes of additional footage has been added, bringing the total runtime to 124 minutes. I'm afraid the artwork has yet to be released, but we'll bring you that shortly. Stay tuned.

Not sure what to think of this, one of the main things that made the 2 disc set worthwhile were the interviews with the comics writers/artists.

Guest SpiderFan

If the director's cut is anything like the novelization (which, I'm assuming it is, since the novel was based off the script before cuts) then there's a whole new subplot, and it really ties the movie together better.

I'll probably pick this up, since I'm a huge mark for the character and want to see if this version is any better than the theatrical cut.

Is there any chance that they might have changed his origin in the directors cut? Would it have killed them for Matt to get his powers by doing something heroic rather than running away crying and getting hit like an idiot?

If the director's cut is anything like the novelization (which, I'm assuming it is, since the novel was based off the script before cuts) then there's a whole new subplot, and it really ties the movie together better.

I'll probably pick this up, since I'm a huge mark for the character and want to see if this version is any better than the theatrical cut.

Wow, people actually read novelizations?

You learn something new every day.

Guest SpiderFan

Wow, people actually read novelizations?

You learn something new every day.

DD didn't look good enough to pay to see in theatres, so I picked the book up used for a couple bucks to see how much they screwed up.

Guest Banders Kennany

Coolio is in the director's cut version I think. He was supposed to have a subplot but they cut it out theatrically.