TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
strummer

Tom Prichard Fired by WWE

His matches with Big Show were nothing but brutal and I guess you need to be a big Lesnar fan to actually claim it was a good match.

And about having two people to make a **** match just check HBK/Sid at Survivor Series 96, HBK carried that big luggage to a great 4* match by working his ass off.

Those who cant, teach.

This has no relationship to the teacher's personal level of achievement, and your view that teachers are somehow people who "can't" is ridicules.

Teaching requires a seperate set of skills that most people don't have. Those skills include being able to accurately dissect others mistakes and describe the process of doing something in steps they can understand. This can be particularly challenging since different people learn in different ways.

There are many people who were good in their professions that sucked as teachers because they lacked these skills.

Those who cant, teach.

This has no relationship to the teacher's personal level of achievement, and your view that teachers are somehow people who "can't" is ridicules.

Teaching requires a seperate set of skills that most people don't have. Those skills include being able to accurately dissect others mistakes and describe the process of doing something in steps they can understand. This can be particularly challenging since different people learn in different ways.

There are many people who were good in their professions that sucked as teachers because they lacked these skills.

I think he might be referring to a British, government-sponsored advert for teachers which had the tagline "those who can, teach".

It doesn't make his argument any more effective, but that's just a bit of context for you.

Those who cant, teach.

I think he might be referring to a British, government-sponsored advert for teachers which had the tagline "those who can, teach".

It doesn't make his argument any more effective, but that's just a bit of context for you.

The line "those who can't teach" has been around in the US for quite a while (I heard it when I was in junior high about 16 years ago).

Pritchard being in charge of the developmental territories is probably one of the biggest reason why we're seeing a bunch of Matt Morgans, Mordecais, Tyson Tomkos, and other generic big guys getting brought up from OVW before they're ready. Pritchard is a very old-school Memphis and Mid-South kind of guy, so he doesn't have much use for many of the smaller talents today like a Rey Misterio.

Dreamer's time in OVW proved he has a decent knowledge of how to develop talent, as he Paul E's lieutenant after Raven left and was a big part in Steve Corino, Nova, and others becoming big names in ECW.

You don't know jack... Tom Pritchard is a smaller guy who Cornette managed for years. I haven't seen anything that suggests he hates smaller wrestlers. I would suspect he has no power as far as determining who gets called up when.

Johnny Ace and Kevin Kelly were more responsible for signing the first group of OVW guys than Pritchard. There have been quite a few smaller guys getting signed recently.

The reason why hosses get signed and called up too fast is because Vince likes hosses, plain and simple.

Pritchard being in charge of the developmental territories is probably one of the biggest reason why we're seeing a bunch of Matt Morgans, Mordecais, Tyson Tomkos, and other generic big guys getting brought up from OVW before they're ready.  Pritchard is a very old-school Memphis and Mid-South kind of guy, so he doesn't have much use for many of the smaller talents today like a Rey Misterio.

Dreamer's time in OVW proved he has a decent knowledge of how to develop talent, as he Paul E's lieutenant after Raven left and was a big part in Steve Corino, Nova, and others becoming big names in ECW.

You don't know jack... Tom Pritchard is a smaller guy who Cornette managed for years. I haven't seen anything that suggests he hates smaller wrestlers. I would suspect he has no power as far as determining who gets called up when.

Johnny Ace and Kevin Kelly were more responsible for signing the first group of OVW guys than Pritchard. There have been quite a few smaller guys getting signed recently.

The reason why hosses get signed and called up too fast is because Vince likes hosses, plain and simple.

Dr. Tom Pritchard and Bruce Pritchard (Brother Love) had a long history of being involved with the old Mid-South territory and Paul Boesch in Houston. Bruce was actually a Boesch employee until Vince McMahon bought Boesch out in 1987 and Bruce was brought into the Titan hierarchy.

Mid-South in particular was the epitome of a big-man's territory and Bruce has, with some of his decisions, made it known that he prefers big slugs to cruisers.

It may be a stretch to lump Tom in with Bruce but I don't particularly like either one of them.

Got a bit ol news and I'm not sure if this is 100 percent true or not. A few days ago I emailed Lance Storm through his site and asked him if him and Dreamer would be doing Tough Enough since Dreamer is now a trainer in OVW. The response I got was that Dreamer isn't a trainer in OVW and Storm will not be involved in Tough Enough. So I'm not excatly sure if Dreamer is an actual trainer anymore or if Storm really has no idea about it.

Guest Korgath
I wonder if this is to protect WWE from a lawsuit, after Pritchard made an ass out of himself criticizing Bobbi Billiard, saying she was not hurt when she needed neck fusion. Jackie was also released after a long tenure, suspiciously right after this incident became public. Are you paying attention Ivory?

Apparently Bobbi herself caught wind of this thread and here's her reply:

Right on "geniusMoment", whoever you are! While I normally wouldn't celebrate someone else's losses, I'm going to make a one time exception to my rule. I really can't say that I am all too disappointed to hear that the self proclaimed "Doctor", the one that accused me of sitting out of practice because I supposedly had a "tummy ache" instead of a legitimate and very serious neck injury, got his ass handed to him. Sorry buddy, but if you write a 3 page article slamming me and spreading mis-truths, you are not going to get my sympathy! Especially when you never even took the time to get to know what I was really about and instead listened to a bunch of (or even worse yet, a few) idiots that would do anything to ensure that I wouldn't get pulled up to tv before they would. Now, I have no idea if (like "geniusMoment" suggested) Dr. Tom getting fired has anything to do with his invalid rambling report regarding myself and my condition, but we can only hope... *snicker*

Guest Quik
I wonder if this is to protect WWE from a lawsuit, after Pritchard made an ass out of himself criticizing Bobbi Billiard, saying she was not hurt when she needed neck fusion.  Jackie was also released after a long tenure, suspiciously right after this incident became public.  Are you paying attention Ivory?

Right on "geniusMoment", whoever you are! While I normally wouldn't celebrate someone else's losses, I'm going to make a one time exception to my rule. I really can't say that I am all too disappointed to hear that the self proclaimed "Doctor", the one that accused me of sitting out of practice because I supposedly had a "tummy ache" instead of a legitimate and very serious neck injury, got his ass handed to him. Sorry buddy, but if you write a 3 page article slamming me and spreading mis-truths, you are not going to get my sympathy! Especially when you never even took the time to get to know what I was really about and instead listened to a bunch of (or even worse yet, a few) idiots that would do anything to ensure that I wouldn't get pulled up to tv before they would. Now, I have no idea if (like "geniusMoment" suggested) Dr. Tom getting fired has anything to do with his invalid rambling report regarding myself and my condition, but we can only hope... *snicker*

Why can't I find that post? Though it does make sense... I'm sure she has nothing to do now that she got the surgery, and has fallen prey to the world wide interweb's hideously deceptive charm. Bobbi, start smoking the chronic and bitching about HHH. I will take you under my wing and teach you how to be an uber-smark, like myself. Oh, and if you want, you can wear a Braves cap with a straight bill. Boo-yah.

Guest Rain On Your Parade
I wonder if this is to protect WWE from a lawsuit, after Pritchard made an ass out of himself criticizing Bobbi Billiard, saying she was not hurt when she needed neck fusion.  Jackie was also released after a long tenure, suspiciously right after this incident became public.  Are you paying attention Ivory?

Why can't I find that post? Though it does make sense... I'm sure she has nothing to do now that she got the surgery, and has fallen prey to the world wide interweb's hideously deceptive charm. Bobbi, start smoking the chronic and bitching about HHH. I will take you under my wing and teach you how to be an uber-smark, like myself. Oh, and if you want, you can wear a Braves cap with a straight bill. Boo-yah.

That would be because she didn't post it on this site. However, you can read it here.

Guest Rain On Your Parade
From the sources I've spoken to, Pritchard was not fired.  A member of his family (wife?) has cancer, and he has been given an indefinate leave of absence to tend to his family.

If that is the case, then why did they take down his columns over at the appropriately titled Backdoor section that he once wrote for on wwe.com?

From the sources I've spoken to, Pritchard was not fired. A member of his family (wife?) has cancer, and he has been given an indefinate leave of absence to tend to his family.

I think that is Bruce Prichard you are talking about, Bruce is "on leave", Tom is fired (his columns are gone on wwe.com)