TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
The Tino Standard

What now for Nick Dinsmore?

Maybe they could do a gimmick where Triple H winds up literally beating some sense into Eugene ? The beating was so brutal that it somehow knocked Eugene's brain back into alignment, and he's normal now. That way, Dinsmore could come back as Nick Dinsmore, having 'shed' the Eugene name and personality.

That's like the episode of Small Wonder where the girl gets hit in the head so she gets amnesia, so they hit her in the head again and she's normal again. It doesn't work that way!

Maybe not in the 'real' world, but this WWE we're talking about, where we aren't meant to take things seriously. I think this is the sort of thing they'd go for, because in their mentality it makes sense.

Do you not remember the Shane/Kane angle. When a situation forces you to suspend disbelief in the WWE, it's because it sucks. "I was only pretending to be a retard" would be one of the worst.

Have Eugene do the injury angle and bring in Eugene's 'half brother Nick' in as a vengeful family member who always hated wrestling, but respected how much Eugene enjoyed it and got into the sport because of it.

Do the Foley-esque 'split-personality' gimmick.

ANYTHING, but "I was pretending to be a retard". It's so ridiculous, and there's so many unanswered questions. Why was he pretending? Why didn't Bischoff know he was pretending? If Bischoff knew, why was he putting Eugene through hell?

Maybe they could do a gimmick where Triple H winds up literally beating some sense into Eugene ? The beating was so brutal that it somehow knocked Eugene's brain back into alignment, and he's normal now. That way, Dinsmore could come back as Nick Dinsmore, having 'shed' the Eugene name and personality.

That's like the episode of Small Wonder where the girl gets hit in the head so she gets amnesia, so they hit her in the head again and she's normal again. It doesn't work that way!

Maybe not in the 'real' world, but this WWE we're talking about, where we aren't meant to take things seriously. I think this is the sort of thing they'd go for, because in their mentality it makes sense.

Do you not remember the Shane/Kane angle. When a situation forces you to suspend disbelief in the WWE, it's because it sucks. "I was only pretending to be a retard" would be one of the worst.

Have Eugene do the injury angle and bring in Eugene's 'half brother Nick' in as a vengeful family member who always hated wrestling, but respected how much Eugene enjoyed it and got into the sport because of it.

Do the Foley-esque 'split-personality' gimmick.

ANYTHING, but "I was pretending to be a retard". It's so ridiculous, and there's so many unanswered questions. Why was he pretending? Why didn't Bischoff know he was pretending? If Bischoff knew, why was he putting Eugene through hell?

I'm not saying he comes back and says he was just pretending he was a retard. I'm saying he comes back and says that the beating somehow caused his retardation to go away.

I'm not saying he comes back and says he was just pretending he was a retard. I'm saying he comes back and says that the beating somehow caused his retardation to go away.

OHHHHH, okay, thanks for clearing that up, I was thinking you were nuts for a second.

Yes kids. If you know a retard, just beat the hell out of them with a sledgehammer perhaps. When the feds come after you, just simply state that you saw on wrestling that beating a retard up helps them function in society as a regular human being.

There is nothing wrong with the gimmick, it's how creative fumbled the ball on the gimmick. Similar to Hurricane who has been a comic book figure for three years now but has never had an arch nemesis or a villain to play off of. Eugene is a wrestling savant. He watched the the spectacle with more attention than everyone else and knows everything about it's history and the movesets of every wrestler he's viewed on television. He can mat wrestle, Hulk-up, and do it all. Creative just forgot those elements and instead choose to have him play the unimaginative "guy who doesn't know his own strength" role. They could have very amusing skits with him and his knowledge of wrestling. He could impress everyone with his mat wrestling skills. Instead, he's been portrayed the past month as the poor buffoon who gets outsmarted by HHH and Evolution.

Maybe they could bring him in as Eugene's normal "twin" brother.

He could do backstage segments with himself like the retarded guy on "All My Children".

Guest Banders Kennany

It's funny how the storylines with Eugene had so much potential and there were so many they could do, but they wasted the best ones and rushed them for two months and did them badly at is that.