TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Donners

Couple of interviews

Guest Donners

From Beyond the Ropes:

Pat talked about when he would be back with TNA, and he hopes to be back in about a week with his new character repackaging. Pat said that it will be different from ''Irish'' Pat Kenney so there will probably not be any Lucky Charms. The hosts commented on how the gimmick was not that great, and Pat felt that TNA did its best to push him as an Irish wrestler. Pat did like some of the things with the ''Irish'' gimmick, but he is anxious to see the new gimmick. Pat says that he has taken a lot of pride in the new character, and he has taped some vignettes with the new character. He gives credit to Bill Banks and thought that they were on the same page with the character.

Pat was asked about the change in the structure of TNA. He feels that it needed to be done for the growth of TNA. The weekly pay-per-view was hard to get repeat customers and fans to have them pay $9.95 a week. The monthly pay-per-view takes some pressure off the creative department and will allow them to build storylines, angles, and characters to make the matches mean more.

As everybody knows NWA TNA is switching the Impact Tapings to Tuesday Nights and I simply cannot make it to Orlando to work the tapings on Tuesdays due to my real job. I love working with TNA and they seem to be happy with my work there backstage and a lot of other stuff I do behind the scenes but as of right now they don't seem interested in hiring anymore "fulltime" office types so that means I won't be back for the time being as I got a family to support and they are my top priority. I would like to say a huge THANKS to Bill Behrens, Bob Ryder, Jerry and Jeff Jarrett, Dutch Mantell, Jerry Lynn, Terry Taylor, Scott D'Amore and especially Jimmy Hart for the learning experience and hopefully I will be back when they feel the time is right.

As far as them bringing back Fairplay, what can I say other than I have more talent in my right nut than that guy has in his entire body and it is a shame they are bringing him back to ultimately fail again. This guy can't talk, can't work, can't act and can't go 10 minutes without making one of the boys furious. Now that I am not with TNA I will be a LOT more vocal about Johnny Fairplay and would love to settle things with him if given a chance. I would happily get in the ring and beat this clown senseless and would do it for free but getting paid to do so would be like a gift from the wrestling gods. This guy is a nobody and is going to get what he deserves eventually, I just hope it is me who can dish out what he got coming to him. Dixie Carter thinks Fairplay vs Rupert in a Survivor vs Survivor gimmick is something the fans of TNA want to see. Yeah nothing like watching 2 non workers get in the ring to totally stink up the joint, sounds like great entertainment to me! At least if it was me in the ring with Fairplay you could rest assured knowing I won't even try to act like I am a wrestler, as I am not, I just want to teach this guy a little something about respect.

Ron Niemi