TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest InigoMontoya

The Wrestlemania Main Event...

Guest InigoMontoya

What do people want to see as the WM ME? I'm pretty sure you want to see Jericho-HHH, atleast the majority of you... but how will it play out?

If between now and then, Jericho somehow gets himself some power (like HHH did when he virtually owned the WWF) it would be so cool to see Jericho have the decision reversed like HHH did after losing to him at WM. "I would mark out like a little girl" (Can't remember who used that phrase, but it cracked me up.)

What does everyone else want to see?

Guest The Vanilla Midget

i also wanna see jericho-hhh, though there will be a double main.  steph will turn on hunter leading into mania, then hhh goes over in the main, blah blah blah.  the other will probably be a 6 man feat. austin, rock, flair v outsiders, hogan.  this has an obvious buildup, and should result in the nwo going over due to the use of some heelish tactic, poppa pump or hbk return anybody?? this would then lead to a lengthy program culminating at either king of the ring or summerslam where wwf finally goes over clean.

Guest bps "The Truth" 21

6 man tags are not only super shitty...but would directly copy the way that the NWO debuted in WCW.

Having a gat 6 man tag would rob us of some possibly good matches.  Austin is a good worker, and should not be saddled with this shitty position on the biggest show of the year.

Jericho/HHH is going to turn out shitty because HHH isn't nearly over enough to beat a Canadian in Canada...and too big (size wise) to have a decent match.

My prediction:  This wrestleMania will rival WrestleMania 9 for worst.  show.  ever.

Guest The Vanilla Midget

The nwo have to have a 6 man at mania imo. this is because they are being portrayed as a single entity in their vignettes, and thus their first big match should be as a single entity.  also, the month before mania is not really enough time for the 3 nwo guys to pair off with wwf guys.  thus, nwo wins at mania due to the appearance of a 4th member, and then in the following months there are a series of singles fueds involving the 4 nwo guys and the top 4 wwf faces.  thus building for a blowoff at summerslam/kotr.

Guest Big Poppa Popick

I too would mark out like a little girl if Jericho pulled a play right out of Triple H's book, and used some sort of pull /  rule to nullify the WM Main Event and regain the belt back and strike the match from the record...

Hell, he could say he disqualified himself, that would be classic.

Guest The Vanilla Midget

while it would be really cool, i dont think the wwf would do it at wrestlemania.  possibly at no way out or a raw before mania though.  this would be because it would cheapen mania, as the main event would essentially build to an angle the following raw, or the next ppv.  i dont think the wwf would tarnish mania further by pulling such a stunt, because it would severely hurt buyrates for future ppv's.

Guest Big Poppa Popick

the point is to really piss the fans off

at jericho

they would never forgive him, and he would be booed outta every building

Guest mastermind

No way they should do that reverse victory for the main event of Mania. Last night I was listening to sports radio here in Toronto and there was one fan who said he felt he might sell his ringside tickets because the main event had Jericho in it. He said he respects him for his wrestling, but the match is too predictable with Trips going over. He says he thinks if Trips faced off against Austin or Rock the outcome would be harder to predict like last year's Mania. Anyways, there are some fans who think the same thing here in Toronto. I hope Jericho can prove to the world he deserves his championship and his main event spot at the biggest show of the year.

Guest Big Poppa Popick

I disagree, the match isn't predictable...

We don't know yet when Stephanie is turning on Trips, should they still be an item come Wrestlemania ME time, the odds are even as to who wins.

And if he is selling his tickets, I am one interested party.

Guest Flair5000

Jericho vs HHH

Nash/Hall vs Rock/Austin

Flair vs Hogan

And I WOULD actually love to see Flair and Hogan, so long as it was kept to 10 minutes or so.

Guest mastermind

Another reason some are a bit wishy washy about the main is that Trips at the moment isn't looking like the old Trips of 2000/01 yet. Some insiders feel that we will get swerve after swerve with the current storyline because the wwf has booked itself into a corner with the pregnancy angle.

The reason for this is that Triple H would look like an idiot if Steph lies, Jericho's the father, Angle's the father, or a miscarriage. If someone claims to be the father and isn't it would make no sense because Steph would be in on it. There really is no way Stephanie can really be a face. Some caller actually believes that Triple H and Stephanie might be pulling a fast one on everyone and Trips will go back to heeldom as Trips hasn't really made a face turn yet. Fans are assuming they should cheer him.  A caller made the same accusation that when an NWO member got kicked out it actually made the person look stupid and didn't give the heat to the face, but to the heel.

Personally, I think it's a good idea to have the match with the storyline, but IT WILL GET OVERLOOKED with stuff like the NWO on the card. Maybe there are going for the WrestleMania 8 scenario with Liz/Flair/Savage which they really can't go wrong with. I think Trips is starting to grind on people as a face as well. However, if they play their cards right he could catch fire again against the NWO. The problem though is that NWO might be cheered. One insider felt that Trips should turn heel with the NWO and that way it ensures them to remain heels as Trips has been the best heel in years.

Guest dreamer420

HHH vs. Jericho

Rock vs. Hogan

Austin vs. Angle

Nash vs. Undertaker

Hall vs. Booker T

5 Main Events, one card.

Guest mastermind

Nash/Taker!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

R U CRAZY!!!!!!

That can go down as the laziest worked match in WM history!!!!!!

Imagine these two both ignoring to sell their moves.

Guest Tony149

I think WM will have a double or triple main event.

Double Main Event

HHH vs. Jericho

the nWo vs. SCSA, The Rock & Ric Flair

Triple Main Event

HHH vs. Jericho

Hogan vs. Flair

Hall & Nash vs. SCSA & The Rock

I think the nWo will add a 4th member to the group at WM.

Guest The Mighty Damaramu

I liked the end of the WM8 Main Event. It would be great if they could recreate it.

I mean it just came out of nowhere. Savage rolled him up and the fans went nuts. Savage's music didn't play and Perfect and Flair beat on Savage and Flair kissed Liz. Officials filled the ring. And it took forever for it to be resolved.

I just liked it because it didn't seem like your typical wrestling match. It wasn't "He hits his finisher! He pins him! He wins! Music plays! He celebrates with the belt to end the show!"

That formula is so old. It's be awesome if they recreated the WM8 thing. Jeircho has Steph backed into a corner yelling "What about me!?"

Guest dreamer420
Nash/Taker!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

R U CRAZY!!!!!!

That can go down as the laziest worked match in WM history!!!!!!

Imagine these two both ignoring to sell their moves.

I know.  It's going to be great.

Guest Army Eye
Jericho vs HHH

Nash/Hall vs Rock/Austin

Flair vs Hogan

I too like this combo right here.

Guest OSIcon
6 man tags are not only super shitty...but would directly copy the way that the NWO debuted in WCW.

Having a gat 6 man tag would rob us of some possibly good matches.  Austin is a good worker, and should not be saddled with this shitty position on the biggest show of the year.

6 man tags are "supper shitty?"  Some of the greatest matches I have seen (albeit they are from Japan) have been six man tags.  With six men in the match, the action has the ability to be almost non stop, which has made for some great matches.

Not to mention, it is the best thing to do in the NWO's case.  Hogan has wrestled once in more then a year.  Nash hasn't wrestled in nearly a year.  Hall is the only one who has wrestled recently, but who knows what kind of shape he is in.  In a six man, there is a lot better chance that they can hide their weaknesses and have a lot better of a match then they would if it were three singles matches instead.  The last thing the WWF needs right now is for the NWO to have three stinkers at Wrestlemania, and kill the angle right away.  Once they get some work in, maybe Austin can do a respectable job of carrying Hogan.  But until then, they are better left off in a six man.  It's the best scenario at this point.  

If you want to see a decent match, its better of a six man.  If you want to see three terrible six matches, then break them up.

Guest Tim Cooke

"6 man tags are not only super shitty...but would directly copy the way that the NWO debuted in WCW."

I have seen various 6 man tags from around the world that are better than any match the WWF has put on in their history.  That not being the main point, 6 man tags work so effectivly when you have the right storylines, match up's, and heat.  

Look at it this way....Nash, Hall, and Hogan are in no position to have average singles matches.  In a 6 man tag setting, they have their limitations taken off a bit plus you essentially build to those key singles matches later on.

Think about this:

Flair and Hall start.  Yet, the key match up is Flair v Hogan so they start with this to build up anticipation.  Next you have Nash and Austin go, as that draws heat because of who they are, yet Nash's key fight will be against the Rock (mic worker v mic worker)....then Rock v Hogan for the biggest heat so far in the match.  You have killed 10 minutes effectivly, building up crowd heat, teasing the direct confrontations, and making the best out of 3 horrible wrestlers.

Then you do your key match up's........Hogan v Flair, Austin v Hall, and finally the hot tag to Rock v Nash.  

There you go....a 20 minute match that will have heat galore and will probably be fairly watchable.

But I would rather see Rock v Hogan, Austin v Nash, and Flair v Hall or whatever combo they want to do.

Tim, thinking how easy it is to book the WWF.

Guest dreamer420

Having anyone except Justin Credible, X-Pac, and HBK joining the nWo would be a horrible idea.  I hope Austin or Angle odesn't get stuck in there.

Guest nikjohns

The main event can only have four possibilities, barring any major changes between now and then:

Austin v Angle

Austin v HHH

Jericho v Angle

Jericho v HHH

Austin and Angle has no chance, as they did something like 5 PPVs against each other in a row last year.

Austin and HHH did their feud this time last year, and I can't see another face v face ME, especially since the faces will need to fight the nWo too.

Jericho v Angle is possible, but a heel v heel affair is also unlikely.

Jericho v HHH therefore seems the most likely.

Guest dreamer420

I think it will be Jericho/HHH in the WM ME.  Faces are going to be needs to fight the nWo and Austin will be leading them

Guest Some Guy

I would have the NWO main event be a two falls match between Austin and Y2J, 1 for each belt.  Split the belts.  Austin goes to Mania and drops his belt to Rock, so Rock finnally can say that he has beaten someone other The Sultan at a Wrestlemania, get back a title win from Austin, and cap off their 4 year feud.  Y2J drops his belt to HHHH.  This sets up a world champ for each show after the split and ensures two great matches for Mania.  And then I would bring in the nWo. To start the new storylines after Mania.  

But they already promised nWo at NWO so we're going to get stuck with HHHH v Y2J and some combo of mediocre matches with nWo members v Austin, Rock, Flair or whoever.  Doesn't really excite me.

Guest bps "The Truth" 21

Do you really think putting the WWF's top two stars in a 6 man tag against guys who can't wrestle is a good idea?  AT WRESTLEMANIA?

We're not talking about high flying michinoku pro 6 man tag's here....we're talking about Nash & Hogan.

The match would suck and you will have wasted 2 guys who are capable of having ****+ matches.

And then you get HHH/Jericho.  Woopee.  HHH looks about as good in the ring as the Big Show at this point.

Guest Kahran Ramsus
And then you get HHH/Jericho.  Woopee.  HHH looks about as good in the ring as the Big Show at this point.

LOL.  Or God forbid, Test.

Guest The Vanilla Midget

bps: i dont think the wwf goes out thinking "hmm, how can we get as many ****+ matches out of mania as possible." they probably think "hmm, how can we make as much money from this as possible."  while that match would in all likelihood not be a ***** classic, it would probably create a very large buyrate.  and hhh/jericho, there is still 6 weeks, hopefully trips can get back into shape by then.  we have been spoilt lately by the quality of the wrestling on wwf ppv, just remember back a few years ago... i know i'll sit through this one money match, despite it being the antithesis of all things smarky.

Guest bps "The Truth" 21

I didn't say it wouldn't draw.

I said it would rival WrestleMania 9 for worst ever.

And I stand by that

Guest Kahran Ramsus

I'm not sure anything can touch Wrestlemania XV, but I better keep my mouth shut, in case Wrestlemania XVIII does.