TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
dubq

Silent Hill 4: The Room

919554_20040618_screen046.jpg

I rented it over the weekend. Almost have it finished. I'm going to have to re-rent it, though, or deal with late-fees. ;)

It's pretty good, and creepy, and easily the best SH game I've played -1, I've only played once. 2, never played. And 3 annoyed the hell out of me.

I'm playing it. On my second trip to the prison.

I like it, but not as much as the previous games. I haven't found it to be nearly as creepy and the level and monster design doesn't really do much for me. It seems kind of bare and soulless.

Guest Elgyn

The game is too easy(and I'm playing on hard)

It's not as scary as the other ones(way to bright overall)

Having to use an item box? Lame.

It's alright, but I think it's a step back compared to the previous Silent Hills. If I had to rank them in order from best to worst it would be SH2, SH, SH3, SH4.

To hell with you all. I think it just edges out SH1 as the best in the series.

Maybe I'm just an easy mark, but it scared the crap out of me. And maybe I just suck in general, but this game is far from easy on Hard mode. The only thing I can find to complain about is the lack of puzzles - everything else is just super.

I rented it and played for about three hours today...and just stopped.

Seriously, there's nothing propelling me to play forward. The plot is fairly dull and moronic (I'm expecting the Hellbaby to pop up at any given moment), the gameplay has actually regressed, and the much-celebrated enemy design is pretty lame here. You have no connection to the worlds you speed around to, the main character has no real reaction to all of this other than "what the hell?"...in the end, it doesn't really feel like Silent Hill at all.

I'll probably try it again later, but this one just about put me to sleep.