TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest CronoT

The OAO "Thank GOD the Diva Search is over Thread"

Guest Anglesault
From what I did see, I didn't miss much, except Carmella being on my TV, when she should have been on the street corner, practicing "The World's Oldest Profession."

Carmella should have won the damn thing. She'd significantly better looking than and far less annoying than Christy.

Fact, if it is reaction it is very tepid because from looking at the people in the audience, they are not excited at all during Orton's entrance.

BUT...I...WAS...THERE!

Guest CronoT
From what I did see, I didn't miss much, except Carmella being on my TV, when she should have been on the street corner, practicing "The World's Oldest Profession."

Carmella should have won the damn thing. She'd significantly better looking than and far less annoying than Christy.

If you want to go with that reasoning, then Joy should have won, and Carmella should have still lost.

Fact that I made up because I hate the guy:  Orton does not get a reaction other than teenage girls screaming when making an entrance.

Corrected. As I pointed out, it's clear that it's more then just 'females'. Hell, ,I have seen NO (ok, maybe one or two) females with signs in the crowds...most of the time 'they're so busy screaming for Orton I guess'...but, it just so happens that there are signs all over the arena. (plants, yea right, I actually know people who root for the guy), and if women arent holding them..oh damn, there's only one more sex left isn't it?

Fact:  When someone feuds with HHH, it doesn't matter who they are, when they interact with him they will get a reaction because the fans are rooting against HHH.  Orton gets reactions here.

Damn, I missed it when HHH got a tan, cut his hair, died it black, and put on yellow tights. :( The main event for tonight was not Orton vs HHH. So that is disproved.

And to my knowledge, Chris Benoit and HHH are two different people. And when orton went up against Benoit, he got a good reaction, hell...when he went up against frickin Edge he got a good reaction.

Guest fanofcoils

Reactions come off the same TV/arena. Pops might be louder at the arena, the problem is there were NO pops at all for Orton when he came out for his match against Batista other than girls screams when his music hit. Everyone was sitting lifeless for his entrance.

Guest Anglesault

If you want to go with that reasoning, then Joy should have won, and Carmella should have still lost.

Joy was no prize either.

Maria should have won. Carmella number 2.

Joy was no prize either.

Maria should have won. Carmella number 2.

...Maria had facial hair.

Guest JMA
Oh please how is a guy being jobbed at the last minute (in a finish that hurt Shawn Michaels more than anybody else mind you) on his way to a job paying triple being 'screwed'? And if you're talking about Vince breaching his contract, hey it happens in the NFL every year, they're called 'salary cap casualties'. Are they screwing their players?

It's very simple: He was lied to and sent out of the WWF is a very undignified manner. His trust was betrayed by someone he thought had his best interests at heart. He was screwed.

Let's not forget that wasn't the only time he bitched about putting Michaels over either. I don't care how bad he hated Michaels, if he could go down and become chum-chums with Hogan once he got down South (you know, the guy that fucked him over in '93?), he could at least do the fucking job for Michaels instead of holding onto his 'Canadian hero' bullshit and do some stupid-ass ending that looked like Jeff Hardy wrote it (forfeiting the belt) and rendering the whole Michaels-Hart buildup pointless.

Again, Hart was willing to job the title to ANYONE on his way out. He wasn't just going to leave and have the title be declared vacant. Vince was mostly afraid he would show up on Nitro with the belt (highly unlikely, but everyone was paranoid during those times).

Damn, I've already used my 'Free tuition at EWU' joke...................

It's a legitimate point. The WWE DOES bring up Montreal much more than Hart does nowadays. It's a pretty useless thing to do, as well.

Yep, all those 60-minute Bret classics just roll right off the tongue I tell ya.....................

Strangely, the WRESTLERS of WWE seemed to vote the Hart/Michaels Ironman match the best match in WrestleMania history (something I disagree with).

Guest fanofcoils
Fact that I made up because I hate the guy:  Orton does not get a reaction other than teenage girls screaming when making an entrance.

Corrected. As I pointed out, it's clear that it's more then just 'females'. Hell, ,I have seen NO (ok, maybe one or two) females with signs in the crowds...most of the time 'they're so busy screaming for Orton I guess'...but, it just so happens that there are signs all over the arena. (plants, yea right, I actually know people who root for the guy), and if women are holding them..oh damn, there's only one more sex left isn't it?

Fact:  When someone feuds with HHH, it doesn't matter who they are, when they interact with him they will get a reaction because the fans are rooting against HHH.  Orton gets reactions here.

Damn, I missed it when HHH got a tan, cut his hair, died it black, and put on yellow tights. :( The main event for tonight was not Orton vs HHH. So that is disproved.

And to my knowledge, Chris Benoit and HHH are two different people. And when orton went up against Benoit, he got a good reaction, hell...when he went up against frickin Edge he got a good reaction.

I don't hate Orton, I think his current character sucks as does everyone else. You know people who root for Orton? Well that must have been when he was a heel. As a heel he got reactions for everything in general that he did, now nope. And you did not disprove me in what I said was a fact about Orton getting reactions when he interacts with HHH. Also, Orton gets a reaction when he interacts with any heel (Batista for example). The problem is when Orton isn't interacting with a heel and it is just him alone (like his entrance), there is no reaction (other than girls screaming).

Guest GreatOne
It's very simple: He was lied to and sent out of the WWF is a very undignified manner. His trust was betrayed by someone he thought had his best interests at heart. He was screwed.

Of course Mr. Trustworthy wouldn't have put Vince in the position to sign to such a ridiculous contract in the first place if he was so concerned about trust, would he?

Again, Hart was willing to job the title to ANYONE on his way out.

Since we've established the one person he wouldn't for, I think we can amend that.

He wasn't just going to leave and have the title be declared vacant.

That was actually something he suggested ironically, from Jeff Hardy booking 101.

It's a legitimate point. The WWE DOES bring up Montreal much more than Hart does nowadays. It's a pretty useless thing to do, as well.

That would be whenever they go to Montreal, right? Hey don't people often bitch on this board about lack of history--like 'Remember when Ric Flair hired Hurricane? That's alright neither do they'. How dare they have to explain why face Shawn Michaels is getting heel reactions in Montreal? (though now they have Toronto to go off of)

Strangely, the WRESTLERS of WWE seemed to vote the Hart/Michaels Ironman match the best match in WrestleMania history (something I disagree with).

Even so, that's ONE.

Guest JMA
Of course Mr. Trustworthy wouldn't have put Vince in the position to sign to such a ridiculous contract in the first place if he was so concerned about trust, would he?

Vince is the one who offered the contract. As I said above, nearly everyone was paranoid at the time. To be honest, it was kind of crazy for Vince to even agree to such a long contract.

That would be whenever they go to Montreal, right? Hey don't people often bitch on this board about lack of history--like 'Remember when Ric Flair hired Hurricane? That's alright neither do they'. How dare they have to explain why face Shawn Michaels is getting heel reactions in Montreal? (though now they have Toronto to go off of)

It's one thing to MENTION it, but WWE exploits it and dwells on it. Telling fans to "get over" something when they themselves haven't is massively stupid. Just look at how they've changed the hometowns of Canadian wrestlers. Don't even try to tell me that has nothing to do with Montreal.

Even so, that's ONE.

Has anyone in WWF/E history--in the last ten years--had MANY hour-long matches? No, the WWF/E has always preferred relatively shorter matches. Bret DID have more hour-long matches in the WWF than most others during his time there.

Reactions come off the same TV/arena.  Pops might be louder at the arena, the problem is there were NO pops at all for Orton when he came out for his match against Batista other than girls screams when his music hit.  Everyone was sitting lifeless for his entrance.

You don't know what you're talking about.

The crowd tonight was 100% behind Orton.

I know because I was there.

Guest GreatOne
Vince is the one who offered the contract. As I said above, nearly everyone was paranoid at the time. To be honest, it was kind of crazy for Vince to even agree to such a long contract.

So you're Vince McMahon, what do you do? Take a huge gamble and use him to put Austin over (a move which kinda worked ;) ), or let him go and now you're screwed?

It's one thing to MENTION it, but WWE exploits it and dwells on it. Telling fans to "get over" something when they themselves haven't is massively stupid. Just look at how they've changed the hometowns of Canadian wrestlers. Don't even try to tell me that has nothing to do with Montreal.

And exactly which one of two mentioned it this year? As far as hometowns go, REACH. Hey being from TO didn't exactly help Edge at SSlam, did it?

Bret DID have more hour-long matches in the WWF than most others during his time there.

Fine, let's put those and the other long matches up to Flair (say, Windham, Sting, even fucking Luger for christsake!) and see who's what.

Guest fanofcoils
Reactions come off the same TV/arena.  Pops might be louder at the arena, the problem is there were NO pops at all for Orton when he came out for his match against Batista other than girls screams when his music hit.  Everyone was sitting lifeless for his entrance.

You don't know what you're talking about.

The crowd tonight was 100% behind Orton.

I know because I was there.

HBK got the fans out of their seats for his entrance. It is clear they care about him. Orton got the fans sitting in their seats looking bored for his entrance. If you think elsewise then I think you are on crack or are a retard.

Orton got the fans sitting in their seats looking bored for his entrance.  If you think elsewise then I think you are on crack or are a retard.

I already won this argument. I had a better view of the arena than you did. I'm telling you that you're wrong.

Please stop embarrassing yourself by calling people names who disagree with you and who are in a better position to know what they are talking about.

Guest fanofcoils

You did not win the argument. I think it is for the people here to decide who won it. I'm calling you names because you are wrong not because you don't agree with me. You are in a better position to notice the crowd noise, but that doesn't mean you are automatically right.

Guest JMA
So you're Vince McMahon, what do you do? Take a huge gamble and use him to put Austin over, or let him go and now you're screwed?

The contract itself was ridiculous. "Twenty years"? Come on, that's crazy. What Vince should've done is sign Hart to, at most, a TEN-year contract. It's his own fault for offering Bret the contract. Even as a kid I thought that was crazy.

And exactly which one of two mentioned it this year? As far as hometowns go, REACH. Hey being from TO didn't exactly help Edge at SSlam, did it?

Changing the hometowns was immature and counterproductive any way you look at it. Edge being booed has more to do with the fans not being into his babyface character and liking Jericho better.

Fine, let's put those and the other long matches up to Flair (say, Windham, Sting, even fucking Luger for christsake!) and see who's what.

You're missing the point. The WWF at the time didn't want to do televised one-hour matches on a constant basis. How is someone supposed to have hour-long matches if management won't allow them to do so?

Guest fanofcoils

How does that now require mods and not before when I said it?

Saying what you did makes you a retard or on crack, nothing wrong with that as long as it is justified.

How does that now require mods and not before when I said it?

Saying what you did makes you a retard or on crack, nothing wrong with that as long as it is justified.

This is a non-flaming forum.

I think a justified name calls are OK on this forum.

1) You're not justified.

2) Its still against the rules.

Please go away.

Guest fanofcoils

I think it is not against the rules because people do name call here. I think I'm justified and from past threads everyone agreed that Orton's character sucks, now you come and don't which I think it is justified I call you those names. I reported you to a mod for trolling.

If someone is actually IN the arena, they have a better gauge than whether or not a mic picked up the crowd. Really grasping at the straws.

Only things I really noticed were Jericho looked like Jeff Jarrett, Christy is more annoying than ever, Carmella has potential to pull a Woman like heel manager, Triple H and Batista had a VERY homoerotic moment that I'm sure had fangirls going crazy, Flair is sweating for no reason now and it's getting sad, RAW needs to build up face teams and they build up a heel team instead, and RAW ends with another typical Evolution beatdown.

Oh, and Christy is annoying as hell.

Guest fanofcoils

I think in general the mic picks up the crowd noise, but it could come out not as loud. Orton got no reaction other than girl pops on TV for his entrance for his match. I noticed the people's reactions and they looked bored. Also I think the reason they focus directly on Orton during the beginning and middle of his entrance instead of crowd shots is because they don't want to embarass their fanboy even more.

Fact:  Orton does not get a reaction other than teenage girls screaming when making an entrance.

Fiction.

That dude was getting pops from everyone in the arena tonight.

Not as loud as HBK's.

Not as prolonged as Flair's.

But he was definitely getting some crowd noise.

I stand by this statement. I was there, and I know what I saw and heard.

It doesn't make me on crack.

It doesn't make me a retard.

It doesn't make me a troll.

And that's all I'm going to say about it.

What I liked:

They Rhyno/Tajiri vs. Hurricane/Rosie tag match. I really liked the way they worked the crowd and build their spots. Rhyno, in particular, is turning it up. They took what was a completely apathetic crowd and sucked some interest out of them. Rosie played his role really well, I won't hide that he's one of my favourite guys on RAW, and I enjoyed his catch-kick/slap move to Tajiri. The two cruiserweights underperformed, IMO, but perhaps an extra 10 minutes and a PPV setting could motivate them.

The Fantasy Board listings. Fan recognition, especially internet fan recognition and appreciation, is really key in Wrestling. Wrestling is a fan-driven business, from wrestlers recognizing chants to Flair singling out some "fat boy", interaction with the audience is so important. I hope they keep this up rather than trying it for a few weeks and just dropping it. They need to find a better way to talk about the FB though, because JR and King seemed so forced and it took a little away from the flow of the show. That flow and uncomfortable issue may push the WWE away from the idea and give up on it, but they shouldn't waiver - just improve and think of better ways of doing it.

Trish is probably the most entertaining character on the mic, even if she is terribly derivative. She is really taking to this character, and hopefully she can translate that character and those traits into the ring, rather than continuing to wrestle the same style. Molly looked, for the first time ever (to me), really hot.

Orton finally delivered on the mic. He felt a lot more comfortable and natural, but I still got the feeling that he rehearsed it. However, it felt that he rehearsed it really well and worked on his delivery, so I won't fault him for that. Good job. He should still stop trying to be the Rock. When he came down to the ring, though, I got the feeling that "here's a superstar".