TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest tank_abbott

Rocky in T3

Guest tank_abbott

There is a fan submission on Aintitcool that talks about how the Rock could be starring in a number of films, namely a Predator vs Alien and the highly touted sequel to the Conan series. As of right now nothing is confirmed but this could have a definite impact on The Rock and his role in the WWF during the upcoming year:

Hey Harry! Long time reader to your site and a Big fan. This is my first time sending in a scoop. It comes from a source at Twentieth Century Fox who knows info about 'Predator 3'. I only telling you what I have been told!!! I freely admit this could be bogus!!! I hope it's not, because it sounds pretty damn cool! He told me that there are currently no plans for an 'Aliens vs. Predator' movie as executives are worried about it's "box office legs". It also seems it would be too expensive, probably around the $250,000,000 to do it right. While this news does indeed suck (considering new rumors of it's "fast track" status started again a few weeks ago), all is not lost. There is some truth to the news that CountingDown.com broke last week regarding 'Predator 3'. The plot does revolve around a trip to the Predator's homeworld, but it ain't an army of marines! It's one man, WWF's The Rock! Apparently producers want The Rock to play (get this) the son of Dutch Schaefer and Anna from the first movie. The story takes place somewhere between 2017 - 2020 and The Rock's character has followed in his father's footsteps to become a U.S. Soldier. From what I've been told, the Predator in this film is the son of the Predator from the first movie and has come to Earth following his "right of passage" to get revenge on Dutch. Well, Dutch is now dead and the Predator focuses on the next best thing, his son. About 2/3's of the movie takes place on Earth, whether the setting is the desert, a major city, or even a return to the jungle, I do not know. The last 1/3 of the film takes place on the Predator's homeworld where The Rock is made aware of the Predator's intentions and why he's being hunted and released into the wild in very unfamiliar territiory. Again, I'm only telling what I've been told by my source at Fox!!!

Guest Dark Lotus

Rock's gonna have to make a choice soon.  Risk injury every night and be looked down upon by most of society for being a wrestler, or wining and dining while getting a stunt double to do the dangerous stuff while he collects $10 mil per movie.

Seems obvious to me.

Guest oldschoolwrestling

I don't know. With all the reshoots from this last flick, and hearing that it may bomb, the choice might be made for him.

Guest Dark Lotus

From a lot of what I heard, while the movie may suck chocolate salty donkey balls, a lot of people are saying that Rock has the right "look" to be a Hollywood action star.

Face it, how many duds have guys like Van Damme, Ah-nuld, Seagal, etc, had and they're still making big bucks?

Guest Lil Naitch

Good Point, Dark Lotus. And maybe everybody is wrong and the movie will be a big hit. We won't know untill it opens

Guest Choken One

Hogan was already in that HUGE box office hit "3 Ningas:High Noon on Mega Mountain"..does he another hit?

Guest Tony149

Mr. Nanny made Hogan a "box office draw". Anyway, if The Rock starts getting all kinds of movie roles...once his contract expires, he's gone. Even if "The Scorpion King" bombs. He has "the look" to make it in Hollywood.

Guest dreamer420

It has been reported in the past week that Scott Steiner, Chyna, and The Rock are all up for parts in T3. I'm not buying into it though, because Scott Steiner in a movie would be crap.  He can bairly has a grasp on the English language so him trying to deliver dialouge would be risky shit.

Guest Tony149

If Scott Steiner got a part in T3 it would probably be a none speaking role where he just fights and looks like a bad ass.

Guest Galactic Gigolo
From a lot of what I heard, while the movie may suck chocolate salty donkey balls, a lot of people are saying that Rock has the right "look" to be a Hollywood action star.

Face it, how many duds have guys like Van Damme, Ah-nuld, Seagal, etc, had and they're still making big bucks?

Arnold's newest movie didn't get the numbers that they wanted, but it didn't do bad.  Sixth Day, on the other hand, did horrible.  Eventually they'll stop paying him $20 mil a movie.

Van Damme's been finished for years, and now he's doing crappy direct-to-video flicks.

And Seagal, his next film stars another pair of rappers.  He's not a draw anymore either, it's who he's attached to in the movies.