TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
The Dames

The ALCS: New York Yankees vs. Boston Red Sox

Guest GreatOne

Because no team has ever lost a lead in the postseason. It's not like the other team's actually, playing or anything....................

Hell, the Mariners should have gone to the World Series in 2000 based on your logic (which yes according to ME they should have but the Mariners are you know, MY team)

How long before a Sox hater comes in and says "omfg teh sawx celabrated lik dey just won teh world serees lol~!!!!!!!1111"

Guest The Shadow Behind You

The Yankees never care. They acted last year like beating the Sox meant the won the title, and rightfully they got asswhupped by a bunch of kids and a 72 year old man.

They acted like the 19-8 game meant the title was there's and now they are just letting them knock the door down again.

Guest Anglesault
This isn't going 7 games. Not with Jon on the mound tomorrow and not in Yankee Stadium.

Psst.

The bats have to, you know, do ANYTHING.

Guest NaturalBornThriller4:20

This shit has got to stop.

I can't see the Boston Red Sox attempting to make history at our expense.

This...shit...ends...tomorrow...night.

Guest Anglesault
Because no team has ever lost a lead in the postseason. It's not like the other team's actually, playing or anything....................

Good teams execute. Period.

Guest GreatOne

OK, Sault, since you hate when teams don't execute so much, were you upset when Rhodes gave up that 3 run blast to Justice?

Let's nevermind that YOUR team was the one who executed. I mean you just HATE when teams don't. Of course one team will always NOT execute (christ, you're driving me to McCarver logic here)

Guest Anglesault
OK, Sault, since you hate when teams don't execute so much, were you upset when Rhodes gave up that 3 run blast to Justice?

I'm upset when my team doesn't execute.

Of course one team will always NOT execute
And that's why that team will lose. Because they refuse to execute.

What is your point? That I shouldn't be a little annoyed with the last two disasters?

That I should like that my team, a team that had a 3-0 lead, for reasons I can't quite comprhend, started playing scared, while the Red Sox are playing with some swagger?

That the fact that my team is on the verge of a collapse the likes of which has never been seen in baseball should make me fucking GIDDY?

If the Sox are able to win tomorrow, they would be the first team in history to be down 3-0 and take it to a Game 7. Leiber has dominated the Sox this season, so Schilling has to be Schilling or it could be a long night for the Sox.

According to Torre and Francona, EVERYONES available tomorrow too.

And jesus, who the hell are you guys pitching in game seven if we get there?

ugh.

were pitching Brown.

Guest GreatOne

On the verge of a collapse? This isn't unprecedented you know. If the Sox win tomorrow night talk to me

Otherwise, shut up.

Guest Anglesault
On the verge of a collapse?

Quick question. Which team is playing like a team on a mission and which team looks like a fucking deer in headlights?

francona just said Schilling may have to throw 180 pitches.

Guest GreatOne

Gee, and I thought this was like the biggest traditional rivalry in baseball, meaning BOTH teams were equally as talented, as opposed to the Yankees vs. Tampa Bay.

OK we got AS for baseball, Dama for college football, who wants to be X for the NFL? (the news of K-Drop's suspension/Rice acquisition has greatly lessened my pain, so I'm bowing out)

Guest Anglesault
Gee, and I thought this was like the biggest traditional rivalry in baseball, meaning BOTH teams were equally as talented, as opposed to the Yankees vs. Tampa Bay.

What is your point?

The Yankees are playing like a team on the brink of elimination. They look scared, they're playing scared, they're pressing and they're blowing it big time. The sky isn't falling yet, but it's being held up by bubble gum and paper clips.

Guest The Winter Of My Discontent

Who will pitch game 7 for the Sox if they get there?

This isn't going 7 games. Not with Jon on the mound tomorrow and not in Yankee Stadium. Not suprising that the Red Sox can win at home, a good team at home but so are the Yanks (Even better at home).

Your boy Jorge needs to, you know, hit if they want to go anywhere. He's been fucking horrible all post season.

Reports say that there's a good chance the game gets postponed tomorrow because of rain.

Thats the worst possible news for the Yankees.

Well i guess it would be nice to have Olerud back.

Lowe, unless he throws in game six, is the freshest potential starter for Boston in Game 7.

If Lowe throws for Game six, which he might have to. Arroyo will start. Pedro will likely pull a randy Johnson and relieve.

I would say Wake for game 7 also. That guy could pitch all seven games if he had to.

A rainout would actually benefit both teams, since those bullpens need a day off, and you gotta think everyone's exhausted from playing 11 hours of baseball over the last 24 hours. Plus, it'll give the Sox one more day to decide if pitching Schilling is really a good idea (since I'm still weary of that).

Guest GreatOne

What is your point?

I don't know, what's the point of your endless bitching?

Newsflash: Teams have actually LOST back-to-back games in playoff history, and still won the series.

Even moreso, teams have had stretches where they didn't play particularly well, but still recovered to win

And, once again, this is NOT the first time this has happened.

But whatever, keep on with your 'MY TEAM'S TEH SUXORS CAUSE THEY DON'T WIN EVERYTIME' blathering, it's not un-entertaining at least

Guest Rrrsh

I would say Arroyo if their is no rainout.

If there is, then Arroyo or Lowe.

I dont think Wake beacuse he has thrown so much this series already.

I hope we get a rain out, we need a break from the last two amazing games. The players deserve one.

For whatever reason I can't see Jon Lieber being a madman again tomorrow. I know the guy has been lights out vs. the Sox and he was great in game 2...but still, it's friggin Jon Lieber. The guy was with the Cubs not that long ago...and he wasn't good there.

Besides, the Sox have to win one more game to give us the illusion that they can win this series. And then they'll job in game 7 on a 9th inning rally.

Red Sox/Astros in the World Series?

Stranger things have happened, I guess.

The Red Sox aren't going to win.

Guest Posada20
This isn't going 7 games. Not with Jon on the mound tomorrow and not in Yankee Stadium. Not suprising that the Red Sox can win at home, a good team at home but so are the Yanks (Even better at home).

Your boy Jorge needs to, you know, hit if they want to go anywhere. He's been fucking horrible all post season.

Last two games he's had 4 hits total I believe, with a few walks. Clark, Jeter, Sierra and a few others haven't hit as good in this alcs.