TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest HellSpawn

Old x-force questions

Guest HellSpawn

I been reading old X-Force books, and I have some questions, and well, we all know Marve is the best when we talk about unfinished/dropped angles.

Who is/was Tolliver?

What happen with...

Stryfe

Feral & Thornn (her morlock sister)

Shatterstar

mm.. well, mostly all  of the first X-force team: Boomer, Sam, Rictor, Sunspot, Domino, Warpath.

I been reading on and off the serie, but I quit after Pollina left the book, then I check one issue of Portacio but, I guess was an amazing issue because i cant remember a single thing of it.

Well, thanx.

Guest starvenger

I believe the answers to all your questions can be summed up with:

They were all clones of Cable.

Well, maybe not...

Guest cdstunner66
Who is/was Tolliver?

What happen with...

Stryfe

Feral & Thornn (her morlock sister)

Shatterstar

mm.. well, mostly all  of the first X-force team: Boomer, Sam, Rictor, Sunspot, Domino, Warpath.

Tolliver was something of a crimelord and was killed, I forget by whom. He was more of a launcher for Deadpool as I see it.

Stryfe was killed in the X-cutioners Song series

Feral and Thornn - I don't know

Shatterstar - as far as I know he ended up back on his homeworld as a king aka Mojoworld, the same place Longshot was from.

As far as the rest of the original team goes, I'm just as curious as you.

Guest raptor

Who is/was Tolliver? Tolliver turned out to be Tyler Dayspring, time-displaced son of Cable. He masterminded the first attempt to return Wolverine’s adamantium, and the Domino/Copycat storyline.

Stryfe: died a heroes death after changing his ways and saving Gambit and Bishop from an entity he summoned

Feral & Thornn (her morlock sister): Thornn actually truned out to be the hero, as Feral killed their entire family. She also ripped out Siryn’s throat.

Shatterstar: It was revealed that he may or may not be a clone of Longshot. Either way, Longshot “downloaded” his soul into a human named Benjamin Russel. ‘Star and Richtor left X-Force to search for the remnants of Russel’s life.

Sam/Boomer (Meltdown)/SunspotWarpath:  “died” with X-Force after the events of Counter-X.

Domino: leads the new “X-Corporation,” and helped the X-Men save the new mutant Xorn.

Hope that helps.

Guest HellSpawn

Thanx guys. Now I know what happen with some of my favs Xguys.

Guest AlwaysPissedOff

So Siryn is dead, eh? She was such a fine lass, too. Did Banshee get any revenge on Feral or is she still alive? I know I'm being a pest with all the questions, but why did Feral turn on them in the first place?

Wasn't Sam an External? I thought he COULDN'T get killed(bear in mind that I haven't read a single X-Force book since Cable disappeared with Stryfe in the XS conclusion)...

Guest raptor

Siryn's not dead, she is just powerless, and last I knew, a supporting character in Deadpool.

The quotes around dead were supposed to convey that it was a fake. Sorry, my bad. They faked their deaths and returned to do battle with the new X-Force.

Feral was always evil, I believe. They were hinting at it since issue #1.

Guest AlwaysPissedOff
The quotes around dead were supposed to convey that it was a fake. Sorry, my bad. They faked their deaths and returned to do battle with the new X-Force.

LOL, my bad, man. You'll have to work with me, I get REALLY stupid this late at night.

Feral was always evil, I believe. They were hinting at it since issue #1

Yeah, that's true(especially in X-Force #2 when she ripped Sam's guts out). I was wondering when she finally turned on them.

Guest raptor

Feral turned on X-Force when Cable didn't allow her to kill Henry Peter Gyrich. She accepted an offer from Reignfire to join his new Mutant Liberation Front.

Guest AlwaysPissedOff

Thanks again, raptor.

And BTW, I love that Simpsons quote in your sig. Homer is a god.

Guest The Son of Sting

What happened to Adam X, his power i think was that he could boil peoples blood. He seemed to dissapear and they never really did anything with him.

Guest starvenger

>What happened to Adam X, his power i think was that he could boil peoples blood. He seemed to dissapear and they never really did anything with him.

I'm sure he's still around.  He's quite possibly the only character from the "new characters" series of Annuals that really had any impact (however minimal) outside of said annuals.  

Nicieza was hinting that he was the third Summers brother, but for all we know Hindsoght Lad is probably the third brother.  And I think his power is to be able to excite the molecules around him or something, but I can't be bothered to pull the relevant issues to check.

Guest The Son of Sting
I'm sure he's still around.  He's quite possibly the only character from the "new characters" series of Annuals that really had any impact (however minimal) outside of said annuals.  

what was he in recently?

Guest starvenger

Well, nothing, as far as I know.  Like I said, minimal impact...

Guest raptor

Joe Q. said that Adam X died off panel recentley. Thus, hints are being dropped that Gambit is indeed the third Summers.

On the annuals, X-Cutioner also debuted and had a minimal impact. He was involved with Colossus' joining the Acolytes, and he hung around Gambit's solo title for a while. I don't remember what he did, though.

Guest Judas14

I been reading old X-Force books, and I have some questions, and well, we all know Marve is the best when we talk about unfinished/dropped angles.

<Who is/was Tolliver?>

Cable's son Tyler (aka Genesis)

<What happen with...>

<Stryfe>

Died came back, died again, came back, died again

<Feral & Thornn (her morlock sister)>

Feral is with the new Hellions, Thorn is MIA

<Shatterstar>

running around with Rictor

<mm.. well, mostly all  of the first X-force team: Boomer, Sam, Rictor, Sunspot, Domino, Warpath.>

Sunspot's part of the Hellfire Club, Domino is stationed in Asia working as a satalite member of the X-Men, and Boomer, Sam, and Warpath are MIA after their fight with the new X-Force in X-Force #117

Guest Judas14
So Siryn is dead, eh? She was such a fine lass, too. Did Banshee get any revenge on Feral or is she still alive? I know I'm being a pest with all the questions, but why did Feral turn on them in the first place?

Wasn't Sam an External? I thought he COULDN'T get killed(bear in mind that I haven't read a single X-Force book since Cable disappeared with Stryfe in the XS conclusion)...

The Siryn plot was dropped when Warren Ellis came aboard. She reappeared in the Liefeld Wolverine run where Deadpool arranged for her vocal chords to be restored.

The External storyline was dropped/ignored, allegedly because Marvel was threatened with a lawsuit by the guys in charge of the Highlander film/tv show series....

Guest starvenger
The External storyline was dropped/ignored, allegedly because Marvel was threatened with a lawsuit by the guys in charge of the Highlander film/tv show series....

...but noone would be surprised if it was dropped because it was just plain bad.  I'm not even sure if Liefeld knew where that story was going.

Guest Whatmaniac
Joe Q. said that Adam X died off panel recentley. Thus, hints are being dropped that Gambit is indeed the third Summers.

Why did Joe Q. do that? Adam-X was a perfectly good character who deserved better. Furhtermore, what is the point of making anyone the third Summers brother? That family is convoluted enough as it is and the whole storyline hinges on some throwaway line by Mr. Sinister.  They should just let it die.

Guest starvenger

If there's one thing I know - and this goes back to my Usenet days on rec.arts.comics.(marvel.)xmen - it's that X-Fans are obsessive to the point where even minute plot details can be talked to death.

Guest The Son of Sting

Rather than open up a new thred, does anyone know were Exodus is? Did we ever find out his background?

Guest starvenger

That may have been resolved in the Avengers, I can't remember...

Guest raptor

Exodus:

From X-Fan:

Little is known about the early life of Bennet du Paris other than the fact that he was alive in the 12th Century and had encountered the Avenger known as the Black Knight, who inhabited the body of his ancestor Eobard Garrington during that period. On one of the Crusades, Bennet gave in to his lust for power and was trapped in one of Apocalypse's strongholds in the Swiss Alps.

Over the course of time, his latent mutant powers were awakened and enhanced until he was liberated by Magneto in the 20th Century and was brought to Magneto's base on Avalon.

Exodus later appeared once more in Genosha, disguised as Magneto, and sought to bring peace to the tiny island nation by using his psionic powers, boosted by technological enhancements provided by the captured Forge, to spread his controlling influence. After his charade was revealed by the X-Men, Exodus revealed he was attempting to recant on his bigoted beliefs for the sake of all humanity, using Genosha as his first act of penance. However, without his controlling influence the island soon erupted once more into civil war and Exodus was left to despair.

I think Exodus was a good character, but suffered from the old X-cliche, the Uber-powerful villain who seems to be able to do anything. In Exodus' case, he could raise the dead and wielded telepathy, telekenisis, energy projection, energy absorbtion/transfer, and teleporting skills.

Guest AlwaysPissedOff

I really liked the Blood Ties crossover(except for the fact that Fabian Cortez was involved.... ugh). And I always wondered what had happened to Exodus after that. I remember when(hell, I still have the comic) he matched powers with that one Avenger chick(her names escapes me at the moment) and left her laying. Just awesome.

And on a sidenote, why do they keep Sunspot around? Sure, he was okay as a New Mutant and his powers do kinda rule, but he's pretty non-interesting to me. Why would he join the Hellfire Club anyway and isn't Emma Frost stilling running them?