TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  

I'd like to introduce myself...

Some of you know me from the joining post but I'd like to say hello to any I haven't met. I'm SJL hopefull, Scott Reid.

I finished my match at almost 3000 words (It's over 2000 as requested). I guess 2000 really isn't a lot once you get going. And yes you guys were right, it took about two short hours. I'm mighty proud of it and it was a blast to write. Now I must go send it over crusen86's way.

Maybe I'll post it here if it's accepted.

Here's to a fun Smarks Fed run. Damn rhymes.

Guest Edwin MacPhisto

Welcome the fold, Scott!  I'm pretty sure that if you show yourself capable of writing a match of length, Crusen lets you in.  Actually, I don't think we've ever officially rejected anybody.  I'm Edwin, the storyline JL commissioner and one of the guys who books JL cards.  Good to see you here, and better to see you enjoying it already.

::Edwin breakdances, then goes back to studying for his god-damn Human Rights final::

Scott, I am T-Bone, The Porterhouse King, The Steak Sauce Covered Bastard. Prepare for fun times, but just make sure you write. If you don't you will be Porterhoue Driven through 5 stacked flaming tables with thumbtacks off the top of the Poke Ball in the Cell.

Otherwise, have fun!

Scott...I'm just trying to scare ya. That's all!

You trying to scare me?

Try to picture what Bossman could do to a steak, a Porterhouse to be exact.

Yeah... back away slowly, little man.

::Bossman licks his lips and goes back to breakdancing::

Guest chirs3

Edwin forgot to mention that he's the Mac Daddy. Feel free to address him as such.

Anywho, I'm Chris Raynor, resident Caveman and giver of red boobs (don't ask... well, don't ask me anyway, someone else will tell you ).

Hope you're in for some wierdness, because I think we've got more of that here than anything else. But you've got a breakdancing Bossman, so I think you'll fit right in. ;)

Welcome aboard.

Guest DiabloIIFreak1010

Hola.

I'm Poisyn, a veterian JLer. I've been here for almost a year, give or take two or three months, I signed up in September 2001, during the SJL's old IGNJL days. But there are several veterians who have been here long than I have. Anyways, welcome to the JL. Hope you have a good time.

Guest Beingz0wningj00

Red Boobs is all cause of Raynor's artwork... where it looked like he gave a guy a pair of red hooters from his finisher.

Guest TheBostonStrangler

I'm the Boston Strangler, a former JL'er and WF'er, and a current JL match marker. If you start sending me bribes now, you'll have a nice little edge. And kick JD (Beingzowningzj00 or whatever jabroni name he has) in the nuts. It's funny.

Guest redbaron51

I am the veteran Xero. The longest running JL member since the beginning.

I said stuff in the Joining thread already. But here goes...

I'm Mafia, current JL'er headliner. I've been around since November of last year, back at IGN. I impressed upon my debut, but since then, I've very much fallen by the wayside, only to recently get up to the higher card again.

Welcome.

Guest Renegade

Hi my name is Renegade, I iz beingz a retiered JL'er right now, but I basicley read all the shows in great detail, so il be looking forward to your debut.

LOL. Now I get it.

Good to meet all of you.

Boston Strangler, bribing? I never! (Psst... how much? Keep in mind I'm cheap)

"Isn't Bossman the only guy with the red boobies finisher?"

Hmm... I'm still in a talkative mood.

I guess I'll post my screening match for your enjoyment as I sure liked it.

So here goes...

Screening Match: Scott Reid vs. Matthew Kivell

Edwin: ...And we’re back from the break! We’ve just seen a tremendous bout between someone and someone else and things are about to get even better.

Axis: That’s right, Edwin. This is what we’ve all been waiting for, the main event, the final battle of the night.

“The Pittsburgh Plunge” starts to emit from the loudspeakers and moments later, Scott Reid, a mic in hand, comes strutting out from behind the curtains with a huge, shit-eating grin sprawled across his face. Fans rise to their feet, throwing trash and spitting insults his way, but he just pauses for a second and claps it up, egging them on.

Edwin: A true fan favorite, Axis.

Funyon: The following contest is for one-fall! Entering first, from Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, weighing in tonight at 237 pounds, Scott Reid!

Axis: It looks as if he’s got something to say...

Scott stands at the stage, basking in his own glory as he raises the mic to his lips.

Scott: Ah...

His voice pierces the ears of every fan in attendance as they continue to show their emotion in boos and random yells, echoing across the building.

Scott: Rochester, New York, you piece of shit town.

The chorus of boos grows louder and a few chants of “Jackass” and “Asshole” struggle to life before Scott cuts them down.

Edwin: The hometown fans aren’t liking this.

Scott: Never before have I been to a bigger shit whole, well maybe Jackson but that’s another story. Now I’m not out here to talk about how the streets smell like piss or how the residents are complete ASSHOLES themselves...

Boo! More ‘love’ is showered down on Scott as he nears the ring and climbs in.

Scott: No, I’m not here to drone on about that because this town, like you—yes YOU, JACKASS in the Hawaiian tee in the front row...

Scott points out one particular bastard as he tries to fight past security.

Scott: Oh, what are you going to do? You can’t even get that fat ass over the guardrail and even if you could, what would you do then? What would you do when you get into the ring with God’s Gift to Professional Wrestling? You’d take a giant crap in those double-XL pants of yours and hope I pass out. Yeah, sit your FAT ASS down before you get all sweaty.

Axis: Less than encouraging words from Pittsburgh’s best.

Edwin: Oh, come on! That Hawaiian shirt was ASKING for it!

Scott: Now this brings me to tonight’s topic of discussion... Matthew Kivell.

WHOO!! The halls of the ‘Smells Like Piss’ Arena shake with the massive cheers his name signals.

Scott: Oh, shut up! I still can’t believe you guys cheer his ass and after tonight, I’ll show you why. Matthew Kivell is nothing but a—

“You smell what the Kivell is cookin’?”

Somewhere around fifteen thousand explode in cheers as Kivell himself comes charging through the curtains, out onto the stage.

Funyon: ...And his opponent, from Miami, Florida, weighing in tonight at 271 pounds, Matthew Kivell!

Kivell starts down the ramp in a quickening pace before Scott raises a hand from in the ring to halt him in his tracks.

Scott: Cut the music! CUT THE MUSIC! Kivell, you stop right there.

Kivell looks to himself and then back at Scott in the ring with a puzzled, insulted, “you just told THE KIVELL what to do?!!?!?” look on his face.

Scott: Yeah, I’m talking to you, you PUNK BITCH!

Kivell fells that as he turns his head as he just took a slap across the face.

Scott: Every time you come out here, ‘the people’ cheer your name and praise you as if you truly are ‘the Great One’. Well Kivell, I’ve got a newsflash for you: You are not ‘the Great One’ and you are not even close. You’ve just managed to blind and confuse these weak-minded, pathetic representatives of the human species long enough to trick them into thinking you actually are great. I see through this ruse, this cheap trick. I’m one person you haven’t fooled, one person you will not fool.

Kivell smirks as Scott goes on.

Scott: Tonight I will prove that you are not the great one you say yourself to be. Tonight... I’m gonna BRING IT.

Kivell maintains the smile and waves for a mic. Scott tosses him the mic.

Kivell: Done? Finished? Over?

Scott is picked up, yelling from the ring, “The only thing that’s over is your career!”

Kivell laughs.

Kivell: You are the only one fooled in this arena. You called me a punk bitch and coming from you, that’s probably a compliment. But before that, you called the people...

WHOO!! Cheap pop~!

Kivell: You called the people assholes whereas YOU, yes YOU, are the asshole.

“ASS-HOLE! ASS-HOLE! ASS-HOLE!”

Edwin: Oh God, why did he have to start one of these... We’ve had like six already tonight.

Kivell storms from one side of the ring to the other shouting in vain. He finally gets a mic from the ring crew.

Scott: SHUT THE FUCK UP, YOU MORONS!

Kivell: Now it looks like it’s time for me to set you straight by whipping your ROODY POO, CANDY ASS! ...IF YA SMELL-LA-LA-LA-LA-LOW...

“WHAT THE KIVELL...”

Kivell: Is cooking.

Edwin: It’s on!

Kivell tosses the mic and dives into the ring, met with some hard stomps from Scott.

DING DING DING!

Axis: Scott already has the advantage as he takes it to Matthew.

Kivell finally makes it to his feet with Scott stomping him and booting him all the way. Kick to the gut, Scott sends him across the ring with an Irish Whip! No! Reversed!

Edwin: Reversal by THE KIVELL and Scott hits the ropes! He rebounds... and... takes an elbow to the face!

Crash! Scott finds himself staring up at the lights as Kivell hops over him and runs to the ropes. He comes back and Scott rolls over to his chest as Kivell hops over again. Scott springs to his feet as Kivell rebounds... he catches Kivell for a Hiptoss but it’s blocked and Kivell goes for one of his own. Scott blocks it this tame and rakes Kivell’s eyes, sending him staggering back.

Axis: Oh! Dirty tricks by Scott and the ref didn’t even see it.

Edwin: Scott has to make up for the size difference and besides, if the ref doesn’t see it, it’s legal.

Axis: Does the ref see anything?

Scott follows the temporarily blinded Kivell and seizes the opening, tagging him with a few right hands, backing him into the corner. Scott lands a few boots to Kivell’s gut and then slaps on a side headlock before grinding Kivell’s face across the top rope. The referee stops him but the damage is done. Scott poses up a storm and tells the fans to ‘Just Bring It’.

Axis: What a cocky bast—

Edwin: I know. Isn’t he great?

Scott goes back to Kivell, who catches his breath against the ropes. He takes him by the forearm... Whip and Kivell hits the far side ropes. Scott charges in but Kivell takes to the air and comes down catching Scott and nearly taking his head off with a crappy, diving Clothesline.

Axis: Oh! Kivell has just bought himself some time right there.

Edwin: Both men down...

...But not for long as they turn away from each other and crawl towards their respective corners. Scott gets up first with Kivell right after. They meet again in the center of the ring... Scott throws a punch... Kivell answers. Scott throws another, as does Kivell. Scott throws a third, blocked and Kivell deals him a right hand in return. Scott throws another vain punch and again is blocked and tagged.

Axis: The Kivell is gaining offensively!

Edwin: He’s smacking Scott around like a cheap Rochester Ho!

He backs Scott into the ropes and gives him the Whip, sending him running across the ring. Scott bounces back and right into Kivell’s shitty Belly-to-Belly Throw, yes that piece of crap maneuver.

Axis: Kivell scores with a textbook Belly-to-Belly!

Edwin: ...

Scott sits up in pain, favoring his back as fans cheer and Kivell pops back up onto his feet. Kivell stands behind Scott, mouthing off as he watches Scott get to his feet, pained in agony. Kivell stomps Scott a few times as he makes it to his feet and there he tags Scott with a smacking right hand across the face... and then another... oh, triplets... now quad-riplets?... five-riplets?... it this like that chick with the seven kids at one pregnancy? Anywho, Kivell backs Scott into the corner with, yes, a few ‘ELECTRIFYING’ punches.

Axis: Kivell is Layin’ the Smack DOWN on Scott’s punk ass!

Edwin: Punk ass? I didn’t know you had it in you.

Kivell tags a few more punches, slams Scott’s face into the corner while shouting at him, lands two chops (WHOO!!), yes he is stealing chops too. Kivell climbs up onto Scott at the corner and continues his assault with the ol’ ten-punch as the fans count along in joy.

“EIGHT! NINE! ...”

Axis: Where’s ten?

Kivell and finishes his can of stolen Whoop Ass off by hocking a giant loogie into his hand and smacking Scott across the face with it to a huge pop from the fans! Oh, what a talented worker.

“TEN!!!”

Axis: There it is! The Kivell is really taking it to him. Mr. Reid might have bitten off more than he can chew.

Edwin: Whatever! Kivell is the one that bites! He must have you under his spell too.

The Kivell proceeds to ‘smell what the fans are cooking’ until Scott musters some strength and scores with an Atomic Drop, presenting a knee to Kivell’s ‘boys’ if you will...

“BOO!!!”

Axis: Oh! A Nutbuster! More foul play by the rat.

Edwin: He won’t be so ELECTRIFYING anymore, eh Axis?

Kivell straightens right up, holding his injured pair. Scott takes the opening and raises his dukes. Jab... Kivell’s head snaps back. Jab... same result. Jab... Jab... Jab... He backs Kivell into the center of the ring, making some room.

Axis: I didn’t know he was a boxer.

Edwin: You don’t have to be a boxer to land some jabs and whip some ass!

Axis: Irish Whip by Scott! Kivell hits the ropes and rebounds... right into a Side Belly-to-Belly Suplex!

Edwin: Now that’s a Belly-to-Belly!

Scott stays on top for the cover...

ONE!

TWO!

Axis: Kivell kicks out at two!

Edwin: that was a slow count by the ref!

Axis: Well it looks as if Scott is agreeing with you.

Edwin: As he should be.

Scott gets right into the ref’s face holding three fingers high, giving Kivell some time to recover in the background. After a useless talk with the official, Scott turns back to Kivell, on his feet yet shaky. He shoves Kivell to the ropes and Whips him across the ring before ducking down for the Back Body Drop!

Axis: Another Irish Whip.

Kivell rebounds and kicks Scott right in the face, causing him to straighten up and clutch his sniffer.

Edwin: He might have just broken Scott’s nose! Kivell must be jealous of Scott’s good looks!

Kivell backs into the ropes and bounces back with a Clothesline, taking Scott down. Scott gets back up onto his feet as Kivell his the opposite side’s ropes and comes back, flooring him once again. Scott drags himself into the corner and begs Kivell to stop, putting his arms up and wincing at the thought of pain.

Axis: That’s pathetic.

A chant slowly starts to grow amongst the eager fans...

“PUS-SY! PUS-SY! PUS-SY!”

Edwin: How dare that say that about one of the best men to set foot in that ring!

Axis: You yourself are a wrestler.

Edwin: Like I said, ‘ONE OF the best’.

The official checks on Scott to see if he’s okay but Scott grabs the striped shirt and pulls himself up, using some support from the ropes as well. He notices the chant and turns to the fans, yelling for them to shut up but they only cheer and chant louder. The official tries to pull Scott’s hand from his shirt, as Kivell gets a bit eager as he waits for Scott. He sees an opening and charges in at top speed but Scott suddenly pulls the ref in front of him as a shield before dodging out of the way.

Axis: Oh no! Kivell just took out the referee on accident!

Edwin: At least Scott makes good use of the refs around here...

Kivell tries to revive the downed official but is unsuccessful. Giving up, he notices Scott heading across the ring, one hand on the ropes for support. Kivell grabs him and gives him a Whip but he holds onto Scott’s arm and pulls him right into a Spinebuster!

Axis: This is it!

Kivell pops right back up to his feet and makes the long walk around Scott until standing at Scott’s head as he goes into a trance, staring out into the millions... AND MILLIONS ...of The Kivell’s fans.

Axis: Here it comes!

Kivell slowly pulls off his Brahma Pigeon elbow pad and tosses it into the first row, smacking Mr. Sweaty in the face.

Axis: Yes!!

Kivell dashes to the ropes as his side, bounds back, jumps over Scott’s limp corpse, hits the other side ropes, and comes right back, suddenly pausing when he returns to Scott... He kicks that leg out, swings it around and comes crashing down with a MISSED Elbowdrop!

Axis: No!! Scott dodged the People’s Elbow!

Scott shoots back up onto his feet and goes to work on the fallen ‘Great One’ with some harsh stomps, showing no love for Kivell. Scott finally pulls Kivell back into his feet and into a front facelock... Bam! He plants Kivell’s head in the ring! Kivell’s limp body flips over.

Edwin: Scott scores with a DDT! He makes the cover!

Axis: The ref is still out!

Edwin: Noooooooooo!!!

Scott remembers this too and gets back up, shaking the official with a soft kick to no response. Scott turns around to see Kivell back on his shaky feet behind him...

Axis: KIVELL-BOTTOM!!!

Edwin: ...SUCKS!!!

Kivell hooks the leg, already hearing the three-count in his mind...

Axis: Kivell goes for the cover...

Edwin: The ref is still out, you gimp.

Kivell takes notice too and it is his turn to try and restore some life into his bones. After a few hard shakes, the half-conscious ref surveys his surroundings and makes a slow-ass count...

ONE!

TWO!

Axis: NOOOO!!

Edwin: Scott kicks out!

Axis: Took him long enough.

Edwin: He was just taking his time.

Axis: I’ll say...

Edwin: I bet you will...

Kivell gets back to his feet and steps over Scott’s body as he goes to the ref, helping him up. Scott recovers in the meantime and stalks Kivell from behind. Kivell unknowingly turns around but instinctively ducks a right hand and sets up another KIVEL-BOTTOM!

Axis: This could be—No! Scott elbows out!

Kivell staggers back and then walks right into the setup for a Diamond Cutter...

Edwin: Now this could be it—No!

Kivell shoves Scott in the back, sending him to the ropes and tumbling through them to the outside. Kivell takes this time to catch his breathe before pursuing his opponent. Kivell grabs him from behind... WAP! Scott floors him with a right hand and rolls him back into the ring.

Axis: Did you see that?!

Little did Kivell know that Scott had fished a small chain from his boot and wrapped it around his fist.

Edwin: Now THAT’S planning...erm...I didn’t see a thing!

Scott discards the chain and climbs back into the ring for the cover...

Axis: Sadly, this could be all right here.

The ref drops down for the count...

ONE!

TWO!

THREE-NO!!

Edwin: WHAT?! HOW THE?!

Axis: Kivell kicked out!

The fans go nuts in excitement as Scott tries to tare his hair out in frustration. Kivell quickly make sit back onto his feet, feeding of the cheers of the fans as he goes toe-to-toe with Scott.

SMACK!

SMACK!

SMACK!

SMACK!

He battles Scott back against the ropes. Irish Whip! No! Reversed! Scott pulls Kivell right into a Short-arm Clothesline... DUCKED! Kivell goes for another try at the KIVELL-BOTTOM...

Edwin: No! Not another!

Just before Kivell was about to lift him, Scott elbows Kivell in the side of the head once... twice... and Kivell loses his grip...

Edwin: Phew!

... but Scott doesn’t and clutches Kivell’s head right before hitting a Diamond Cutter!

Axis: PITTSBURGH PLUNGE!! KIVELL JUST TOOK THE PITTSBURGH PLUNGE!!! Scott hooks the leg...

ONE!!

TWO!!

THREE!!!

Edwin: Yes!!

The exhausted and battered ref makes the call for the bell. It sounds out in a few resounding, “DINGS!”

Funyon: Your winner by pinfall, Scott Reid!

Edwin: Scott Reid just put Matthew Kivell in his place!

The ref raises Scott’s hand in victory but he pulls it away and shoves the official down on his ass. After a few jackass laughs, Scott exit’s the ring and heads up the ramp, “The Pittsburgh Plunge” reigning from the speakers. He pauses at the top of the stage and looks back to Kivell in the ring, looking back at him. Scott smirks and makes his exit.

The SJL Logo appears at the bottom of the screen as it fades to black. The show is over. Go home.

--------------------------------------

Ta-da! What do ya think? Short but sweet in my oppinion but I've only read a few matches around here.

...and yes, I dislike The Rock.

Guest Renegade

match seemed good to me, your finsiher is a diamond cutter? ah dang.....oh well im retiered so its cool....

Had to be. Crusen wouldn't let me use my infamous Fisherman Suplex~! and Diamond Cutters come out of anywhere. Don't frett though. If you come back, I'm open to change. I could use a Running Sidewalk Slam of DOOM~!...

But until then... BANG!

Guest Renegade

thanks dude, I'm liking you already!

Im particularly pleased that you went over, writing 3000 words for you screen match, youl feel right at home if you like writing long matches, although I must add you get autojobbed if you go over the word limit.

*looks forward to the debut*

Guest Thoth

What?  Why the hell wouldn't Crusen let you use a Fisherman's Suplex?  Fisherman's variants rule!

Some people had it as a common move (most commonly in the popular release or 'Buster' form) and it probably wouldn't be too credible as a finisher. I still do love a good Fisherman and will probably use it for the win sometime. I'll just have to WHAP someone with a good ol' 'chain wrapped around the fist' first.

I don't mind much either way. Diamond Cutters (preferibly Kanyon Cutters) are fun too. Come outta nowhere and... BANG! Nice little run-in finisher. Swift and can be done anywhere, anytime and to anyone.

Allow me to introduce my self...I am Cutthroat, zero time SJL Champion. And I've only won one match. :D But any-who, great screening match. I see some good things in your 'futcher.'

Guest Ash Ketchum

Yo, Scott. I'm Ash Ketchum, Leader of the SJL Face Stable X FORCE NINE!!!! (cheap pop).

From what I've seen so far, you;re pretty damn good. Keep it up, man. ^_^

BTW, I just finished the 5634 word Main Event Match. Phew... thank god for time extensions...

Trust me, dude, I've been here for well over a year, and it's a blast. You'll love it in the SJL.

Peace out, y'all... ^_^

~Ash Ketchum, Self Proclaimed "Next Big Thing"~

Guest Edwin MacPhisto

You could always actually do a Fisherman's suplex.  Like, onto a gaff and a tackle box.

I kill me, really.

Yeah, and incase you don't know Scott, X-Force 9 is one of the most dominant and longest lasting stables ever so you shoud show the dude some respect along with Edwin and Crusen...

Guest Chuck Woolery

..When did he show Ash any disrespect.

Hey yo Mr. Reid, I'm Mike Van Siclen, self-proclaimed Living Legend of the SJL.   hold the dubious distinction of having defeated the current SWF Light-Heavyweight champion.  Really.  Not only that, but I'm on a leave of absence, yet I'm still posting!  Nothing can stop this runaway train!

-Mike Van Siclen.

He's one bad motherfucker.

Guest Longdogger_Pete

Well, since we're all introducing ourselves, Scott, I'm Longdogger Pete, former JL World champ and WF hardcore champ.  You can call me Pete or LDP.  I was in the JL for almost a year and have been in the WF for a couple of months, and just began match marking for the JL, so I may be seeing more of your work.  Your trial match looked good, so I hope to see some more quality matches in the coming weeks.  Good luck!

Guest midnight_burn

May as well get involved in this as well.

I'm Stryke, current WF'er. I was in the JL, went good, quit for a while, came back, won the JL World Title and was just recently bumped up to the WF, where i'm currently the Hardcore Gamers Champion.

I'm sure you'll like it here, it's a bag full of fun.

Guest Ace309

"The Superior One" Tom Flesher.

YOUR reigning SJL World Champion, and the Captain of the Head Trauma Express.

Man, this is just extremely fun. I love writing for the SJL. It definitel gives me something to think about other than trying to get my college coursework done, and it's a wonderful diversion.

Guest Tod deKindes

When in Rome...

Hi, I'm John (Hi, John!!) and I'm an alcoholic...Oh wait

Hi, I'm Tod deKindes, recent arrival at SJL, I like writing, wrestling and watching TV; and my turn-offs are...:-P

I'm an all-around nice guy and I'm just starting to get to know the people here.

Guest 5_moves_of_doom

Hey, I'm SJL TV Champ, "TNT" Taylor Nicholas Thompson. I'm also a relatively noob here, so, welcome to the club. Now, back to breakdancing.