TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Anakin Flair

I JUST MET KURT ANGLE!

Well, despite my camera's battery dying, I did manage to get at least one somewhat good picture:

DSC00134.jpg

Though, that guy next to Angle is kinda creepy...

"I'm watching you!"

Is he suppose to be security anyways?

*Checks out the size of him, then the size of Angle*

Well it's a good thing he's there to protect! :lol:

BTW- that's not me in the picture. My camera died before I could get a picture with him. In fact, I idn't even realise I got this pictre- I thought the camera had died by then.

Guest Anglesault
I think 2001 was worse for Kurt than 2002.

2002 was just stupid angles. In 2001 he went heel and face like the Big Show.

Kurt starts as the stupid heel at the beginning of the year, fighting Benoit in a match at WM17 that everybody loves, then the Invasion and Kurt becomes a face by default even though he's still acting like a moron in the cowboy hat and singing skits. Then he winds up to be one of the first guys to go to WCW without ever having any past in the Turner WCW and goes into a serious heel mode. Then the terrorist attacks happen and he turns face again and gets a half-assed championship before being turned heel in time for WrestleMania 18.

And the Kiss of Death US title.

Yeah, 2001 was not a good year creatively for Kurt Angle. How about the storyline he had as champion facing The Rock at No Way Out. Yeah, it was kind of realistic and somewhat funny, but damn if it didn't get the message across that Angle was an afterthought as champion. Then again, the wwe put the damn title on him at the wrong time anyways. 2002 was the real year he deserved the title and was over. I think if Kurt Angle had got Stephanie from HHH and had the image of being a mastermind that played the goof role to get to the top his career would have been stronger in the main event scene. They played some of this with the Brock angle, but that cowboy stuff and face/heel change dynamic of 2001 really hurt him. I think from SummerSlam 2002 onward Angle was booked good, but everything prior to that was weak and it has hurt his image with the masses.

Guest Anglesault
Yeah, 2001 was not a good year creatively for Kurt Angle. How about the storyline he had as champion facing The Rock at No Way Out. Yeah, it was kind of realistic and somewhat funny, but damn if it didn't get the message across that Angle was an afterthought as champion. Then again, the wwe put the damn title on him at the wrong time anyways.

I still take 01 over the 02 mess.

I think from SummerSlam 2002 onward Angle was booked good,

The first three months of that benoit feud was a nightmare. They were feuding over (quite literally) nothing at all, and they looked like bumbling idiots the whole time.

They played some of this with the Brock angle

The Brock feud, if you want to take it from December 02 to November 03, (based somewhat on length) was one of the worst booked feuds I've ever seen as a wrestling fan. There were three distinct parts (Angle the bumbling idiot, The Love Connection, Brock the bumbling idiot) and they more or less did nothing right in any of them.

but that cowboy stuff
The cowboy stuff rocked.

Kurt starts as the stupid heel at the beginning of the year, fighting Benoit in a match at WM17 that everybody loves, then the Invasion and Kurt becomes a face by default even though he's still acting like a moron in the cowboy hat and singing skits. Then he winds up to be one of the first guys to go to WCW without ever having any past in the Turner WCW and goes into a serious heel mode. Then the terrorist attacks happen and he turns face again and gets a half-assed championship before being turned heel in time for WrestleMania 18.

Actually, he didn't join the Alliance untill like a month before the angle died. He was a dumb heel at the start, and after 9/11 he became a face. A month before SurSer he "turned heel" and went to The Alliance, and after SurSer Vince said Angle was a spy for the WWE.

ummm wasnt kurt a face by default starting at the invasion ppv? he came out to a huge pop that night, the next week on sd he beat booker t for the wcw title, so Id say he was a face in july 2001 (then of course against austin at summerslam and the rematch at unforgiven- i think the 9-11 thing is that he beat austin at unforgiven in his hometown, it was a feel good story, probably not originally planned, as austin won the belt back a week later or so on raw when regal turned on wwf during "the greatest raw ever" as wwf had billed it)

Actually, he didn't join the Alliance untill like a month before the angle died. He was a dumb heel at the start, and after 9/11 he became a face. A month before SurSer he "turned heel" and went to The Alliance, and after SurSer Vince said Angle was a spy for the WWE.

ummm wasnt kurt a face by default starting at the invasion ppv? he came out to a huge pop that night, the next week on sd he beat booker t for the wcw title, so Id say he was a face in july 2001 (then of course against austin at summerslam and the rematch at unforgiven- i think the 9-11 thing is that he beat austin at unforgiven in his hometown, it was a feel good story, probably not originally planned, as austin won the belt back a week later or so on raw when regal turned on wwf during "the greatest raw ever" as wwf had billed it)

I'm sorry, you're right. For some reason, I was thinking that after 9/11, they immideatley made him a face. I forgot that he was already a face, and that they did the whole neck injury deal (that was ignored for the Smackdown after 9/11).