TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
DerangedHermit

Mets hire Willie Randolph

ah, beat me to it, DerangedHermit!

Anyway, I like the move, Willie has been pegged as a future manager for years, hopefully his "winning attitude" comes over to Shea. Now he needs some players, that can, ya know, actually hit.

Guest The Shadow Behind You

I'm no Al but personally it's not really the manager who will make a difference here, it's if the GM can stop wasting money and get quality players.

Yeah, that'd be my call too (the Mets are an disaster), though having a manager that can handle the pressures of New York and the wild temperaments of the clubhouse (just imagine how charming everybody will be if they pull off Sosa) will likely have just as much of an impact on the Mets' success in 2005.

Al, as always I defer to your baseball knowledge, is this a good move for the Mets?

Absolutely. Willie Randolph has been a top managerial candidate for several years now, and it is about time a team gave him an opportunity to manage.

Mike and Chris (WFAN Sports Radio) seem to have more of a problem with this hiring then most Met fans. They have some personal conflicts with him apparently, so who knows how much that factors in.

The calls seem to be 50/50 on it so far.

I'm just curious - what's the basis behind the negative calls?

Most are of the "He's a Yankee, I don't want a Yankee managing the Mets" variety.

Nobody's really complaing about his ability on the managerial aspect. A few have said a first time manager shouldn't get his start as a Met

Mike and Chris were pricks to Minaya.

How has Chris not gotten jumped yet?

lol. I only caught the tail end of it. But Chris always acts like a prick to guest (Unless they're really close, no homo), I remember when Sean Salibury (Who I dislike but...) put him in his place. Entertaining radio.

Mike and Chris were pricks to Minaya.

How has Chris not gotten jumped yet?

lol. I only caught the tail end of it. But Chris always acts like a prick to guest (Unless they're really close, no homo), I remember when Sean Salibury (Who I dislike but...) put him in his place. Entertaining radio.

I need to get a clip of that.

I remember when Isiah Thomas wouldn't want to leave until he shut Chris up.

Guest Anglesault

Mets fans are generally strange people

Most are of the "He's a Yankee, I don't want a Yankee managing the Mets" variety.

Nobody's really complaing about his ability on the managerial aspect. A few have said a first time manager shouldn't get his start as a Met

Joe Torre's first managerial gig was as a Met.

Guest Anglesault

Strange isn't bad, wacko Yankee fan

Strange is bad.

Mets fans are loyal sons of bitches, (sort of), though. They have that going for them.

Honestly, the only real problems I have with Mets fans are the trade proposals and the kind of imagined Yankee Rivalry.

Strange isn't bad, wacko Yankee fan

Strange is bad.

Mets fans are loyal sons of bitches, (sort of), though. They have that going for them.

Honestly, the only real problems I have with Mets fans are the trade proposals and the kind of imagined Yankee Rivalry.

I'm ashamed of fellow Mets fans that do that...and that one guy on WFAN that always calls them the Metropolitans without fail really annoys me.