TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
JoeDirt

*SPOILERS* for Victory Road tonight

BACKSTAGE NOTES AND SPOILERS FOR TONIGHT'S TNA PPV INCLUDING MAJOR NAME SET TO DEBUT TONIGHT & LOTS MORE TNA NEWS

by Mike Johnson @ 6:40:00 PM on 11/7/2004

Former WWF and WCW World champion Randy Savage is expected to debut tonight at Victory Road as part of an angle to set up the main event of the second TNA PPV on 12/5.

The plan as of this afternoon was for Jeff Jarrett vs. Jeff Hardy to close out the PPV. When I brought up my opinion that AJ Styles vs. Petey Williams should close the show to Mike Tenay during an interview earlier this week, he hinted that a major angle may have been planned to close the show. I think it's safe to assume that Savage will be involved there.

Former WWE star Jacqueline Moore (Miss Texas to Jess McGrath) is also expected to debut tonight. She had a long run working for the Jarretts in Memphis before she was hired by the WWF in the late 1990s. My guess is that she is working against Trinity.

I do not have it confirmed, but the two names I have heard the most as a possibility tonight is Jimmy Snuka.

I have heard that Diamond Dallas Page (another name that was bandied about) will not be appearing at the PPV, but is open to something down the line.

Management is banking on AJ Styles and Petey Williams to go all out and have a classic match tonight. I'm hopeful of seeing that myself.

Guest LooneyTune

Randy Savage!? The man who held up WWA for 5 Million Dollars? Great move there Jarrett, you really know how to save money.

Guest The Shadow Behind You

I'm basically waiting to see how this show pans out with the inital reviews to decide if it's worth the 29 bucks.

If they had it at 19.99 or even 24.99, I'd been willing to drop it because I would expect a quality Petey/Styles match and entertaining overall show.

Either Jarretts got desperate or Savage severely dropped his price.

Meltzer basically just confirmed all these guys are on the show.

Pretty safe to assume Snuka will be part of the Piper segment.

What do you expect him to do in the last 5 minutes? He isnt going to wrestle tonight so why would you base buying the PPV on that.

I never said he was going to wrestling tonight, or that I was even considering buying the PPV at all. I'm just pointing out that Savage can't do offer anything at all, so why hire him ?

Savage is one of the few guys who's entertaining enough in a non-wrestling role for me to justify a company employing them. I still won't order the show on principal, but this news was enough to give me pause. I mean seriously, the guy is completely insane and funnier than any comedian on the planet, if you're going to pay for anything pay for the Macho Man!

Guest Haps' Happenin'

I think Jadakiss actually stole that line from a Chris Rock special.