TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Beer Knurd

Why does the WWF pick certain locations?

Guest Beer Knurd

Not to bitch or anything, but here goes.  The WWF decided two months ago to air tonights RAW live from the Convication Center here in Jonesboro, Ark.  A town that thrives with all of 20k people and a center that when I went and looked earlier today, will hold about 7k people tonight.

Tomorow, Smack!Down will air from the new, beautiful Alltel Arena in Little Rock, the states capitol.  That venue holds 18k.  

Here's the rant.  Jonesboro is 3 hours out of the way on back roads from I-40, which is the interstate the WWF is coming on from New Mexico. (some of them anyway).  On I-40 is Alltel Arena AND The University of Arkansas and its Arena which holds about 15k.  

So here's my question/bitch/rant.

Why did the WWF pick a crappy college hole-in-the-wall arena to hold RAW at, and why not a nicer one?

(my appologies to my fellow Arkansans that are offended by this post).

Guest hockeytown9321

Probably because they don't think they will be able to fill 2 large arenas that are that close to each other on back to back nights, and the smaller one probably charges them less to rent it.

Anybody else in the Detroit area wish they would go back to the Palace instead of JLA?

Guest Tony149

With business going down. I think the WWF will start going to a lot of smaller arena's. Giving them a better shot at having a sold out place.

Guest RicFlairGlory

YES!  Worcester Centrume Centre Glory!

I cant wait to see RAW from Bangor Maine, and more December PPV's from Springfield MA.

Guest The Masked Yodeler

As an Arkansan, I can't see any reason why the WWF would go to Jonesboro of all places.  If they wanted to run two shows in Arkansas, they should have ran the other one in North West Arkansas, at a Fort Smith arena, or at Bud Walton Arena at the University of Arkansas.  Northwest Arkansas has a cluster of cities, all of which are larger than Jonesboro.  What a mistake.

Guest Beer Knurd

My point exactly.  I mean, I fully understand that with business on a down-turn, the WWF can use any dime it can save.  but Jonesboro just SUCKS.  They won't be back, I can almost promise that.

Guest Midnight Express83

Well explain New Endland and the Mid Atlantic. With Shows at the Garden, LIC, NHC in Conn, HCC, CAA in New Jesery. With Hartfod and the Contential being a whole 80 miles apart. Explain why they have RAWs at the small New Haven and Hartford when the Garden is so close? Or even at Long Island when it is so hard to get to is outside of Long Island.

Guest Beer Knurd

Well, the crowd was hot tonight, I'll give 'em that.  I got a kick out of Taker with his promo.  They ate the hHh bit at the end with a spoon and asked for seconds.  That was kick ass.  We all knew he was going to kill something with that roid rage, I just felt sorry for those plants that got the field goal treatment.  I can't wait for Smackdown tho.  Now to come up with sign ideas..

Guest hockeytown9321

They can get away with running The Garden or Staples Center back to back because there is a much larger population to draw from.

Guest TUS_02

Hartford isn't that small... hell, it's a lot bigger then New Haven.  But the WWF is coming to Machester, NH in the new arena for the first time!!!  I dunno how big it is, but it should attract a lot of people who live too far from Boston to make those shows.

Guest Big Poppa Popick

rumors abound here in Atlanta that some WWF officials came down a few weeks ago to start initial talks for us to host Wrestlemania 19 at the Georgia Dome

Atlanta's a guarandamnteed good crowd...and i can't wait