TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Jericholic82

Interesting Note from Holdiay Issue of SD Magazine

Hey I just got the holiday 2004 issue of Smackdown Magazine in the mail. It has a pic of Jackie, Torrie, and Dawn Marie in Santa outfits on the cover and a poster of them as well (and apparantly the cover prices is back to 5.99? damn good thing I subscribe for only 20 bucks a year) It also has the results in for ther most outrageous WWE superstar of all time award and the readers picked Gobbledy Gooker (duh)

Also has an article about the history of the WWE title. Here's where I noticed something. In recent magazines, they keep referring to Hulk Hogan as Hollywood Hogan. Everything from a question of the month to superstars where dvon dudley answers the question of who would be your dream tag partner from the past or present to be "Hollywood Hogan" to the wwe title article to an ad for wwe24/7 keeps referring to Hollywood Hogan.

Is it safe to assume they can no longer legally use the Hulk name?

anyhow the magazine was ok

but does anyone know what the status of the trademark is? Has Marvel Comics agreemnt expired? or are they just being lazy? Someone here has to know something right?

The license to the use the name Hulk Hogan has expired. It's part of why Hogan started using the Hollywood Hogan nickname, because if he was no longer able to use the Hulk nickname, he'd have an established nickname to fall back on.

Guest LooneyTune

WWF/E had a 20 year contract with Marvel to use the name "Hulk", because they had it under trademark for the Incredible Hulk (also Hogans original gimmick I think in the WWF)

then why were they still calling him hulk last year during his last appearance?

and woudnt TNA be in trouble for JJ constantly mentioning "Hulk Hogan"?

Because the license hadn't expired then.

No, because they're not using it for marketing purposes or to make money, at least in no way that Marvel could sue them over.

thanks for your feedback guys. I suspected most of that, but wasn't sure

Wasnt it true that when he first went to WCW they had trouble using the Hulk name?

I assume they did because when he went in the nWo they always called him Hollywood Hogan and hardly ever Hulk

interesting stuff

Sucks that he can't use the name anymore. I hope they renew it. He'll always be the Hulkster to me. B-)

Im sure if Hogan comes back to wwe they will, since if they truly want to promote his final run theyll want to be able to use the Hulk Name.

and actually marvel shoudnt be able to stop them from calling him hulk, as its not like theyre still calling him the incredible hulk hogan.

Im sure if Hogan comes back to wwe they will, since if they truly want to promote his final run theyll want to be able to use the Hulk Name.

and actually marvel shoudnt be able to stop them from calling him hulk, as its not like theyre still calling him the incredible hulk hogan.

WWE will never promote Hogan's final run, because he'll never have one. His type never retire until they're physically incapable. And each time he comes back for 'one last time', it will mean less and less.

Why shouldn't Marvel ? It's their trademark, to do with as they wish.

WWE will never promote Hogan's final run, because he'll never have one. His type never retire until they're physically incapable. And each time he comes back for 'one last time', it will mean less and less.

Why shouldn't Marvel ? It's their trademark, to do with as they wish.

I guess you're right

what else is there to say?

Guest MikeSC
what else is there to say?

I crapped in the fountain at work?

You too?

Thought it was just me.

-=Mike