TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Mik

iTunes... now offering booklets?

Just bought U2's "How to Dismantle An Atomic Bomb" on iTunes and one of the files that came with the cd was a .pdf file that was called the digital booklet. If you open it, it's pretty much the booklet that would come with the CD. Some people complained early on with iTunes that they felt like you would need to get "something" beside the music in order to feel like you were really purchasing something.

This is the first CD I've gotten from iTunes in a few weeks, so I'm wondering, is this their new policy? Or is it just their extreme love for U2?

This is the first time they've ever done that, but I think Apple's going to try to do it more often if it works out well. Might be a nice boost. What I'm interested to see: how many people actually buy the gigantic Complete U2 they've set up for $150. It actually is complete: every album, every single, every b-side, and even the tracks off their insanely out-of-print first singles, which is rather cool.

I checked it out. I couldn't believe the sheer amount of songs that were available. If I were a huge U2 fan, I may have picked it up.

I think at this point iTunes is far and away the number one digital music outlet, but I could just be biased.