TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Vitamin X

NFL Week 13

Guest Vitamin X

Have you been watching this game, Tyler? Green Bay can run the ball just as well as Pittsburgh, and they can't do anything.

I guess we can call an Eagles-Steelers superbowl?

GB's O-line isn't quite as proficient as Pittsburgh's at run blocking. There's other semantics issues I'd address, but that's for a different thread.

I'm thoroughly confident that there's only two teams that can beat Pittsburgh right now, and they're New England and Indianapolis. I'd be happy to debate anyone about that in another thread.

Guest Syxx

If Philly's drunk on pickles, then what did that Packers ingest before the game? Oh well, at least my Lions are right back in the thick of things in the NFC North. After today are there any credible opponents for the Eagles lefy in the NFC. Before 1:00 this afternoon at least you could say the Falcons, Packers and maybe even Vikings, but now? I gotta give it to the Seahawks by default unless they prove me wrong tomorrow.

Eh, I could see the Panthers sneaking in to at least the title game. The NFC's so wide open that the team with the most momentum is going to take it.

As far as the Steelers: IMO, the only teams that can beat them are the Pats....and the Steelers.

Guest TheLastBoyscout
GB's O-line isn't quite as proficient as Pittsburgh's at run blocking. There's other semantics issues I'd address, but that's for a different thread.

That first statement is bullshit.

Guest El Satanico

And Ahman was doing fine against them, but then Green Bay had to abandon the run.

8 carries 36 yards 4.4 ypc. Those aren't terrible numbers. However, it will look like he got shut down due Green Bay not having time to keep running. Of course, that's not to say they haven't improved their run defense.

Was just about to say that. The Packers D is pissed off, so they will be zeroing in on him if he stays in.

Putting Eli in REALLY helped things for the Giants, didn't it?

And Ahman was doing fine against them, but then Green Bay had to abandon the run.

8 carries 36 yards 4.4 ypc. Those aren't terrible numbers. However, it will look like he got shut down due Green Bay not having time to keep running. Of course, that's not to say they haven't improved their run defense.

EXACTLY.

Philly just got ahead so quickly in this game, ala Pittsburgh, that GB didn't have a chance. However, all a team really has to do is bracket TO off (which Pittsburgh could do primarily because of their safeties) and run blitz them.

Guest Vitamin X

Harris and T.O. have been jabbering away at each other all game. Kind of funny, considering we're DOWN BY 35 POINTS. Shut the fuck up and start covering, Al.

You know...saying the Bills are an easy win for the Bengals is a little...daft I think.

The Bills are now 6-2 in the last 8 games.

It's the 0-4 start that killed them. Losing 3 of those 4 by 3 points or less was annoying.

It's not gonna be an easy game but the Bengals will be favored due to it being in Cincy.

The Bills were my 6th spot pick for the AFC playoffs at the beginning of the year. But now I won't care if they lose. It'll be a great game in two weeks, it'll come down to which part of the game is more successful;

Bengals D v. Drew Beldsoe or Willis MaGahee v. Bengals D.

Guest El Satanico

OMG TO is talking to coaches and isn't smiling and laughing

OMG CALL THE MEDIA TO IS CAUSING DRAMA OMG

Guest The Winter Of My Discontent

Tyler needs to give Philly come credit. They just had a bad game against the Steelers. Pittsburg still may be able to beat the Eagles, but it wouldn't be as lopsided as it was.

A combination of very bad things would have to happen for Pittsburgh to lose to Philly, not the least of which is beating themselves.

They're a solid team, and I'm not denying that. However, if Pittsburgh plays their game and doesn't beat themselves, they're not gonna lose to Philly. The matchups favor Pittsburgh against the Eagles far more than the matchups with Pittsburgh against New England.

Guest Vitamin X

Hey now Nick Barnett's joining in on the shit-talking. Philly takes a timeout, as Buck put it, "Maybe they wanna hear more from Nick Barnett." Ha.

I'm still watching because I just want to see how this game goes on a personal level. I'm judging how hard and how much the Packers still want to win, being down by 35.

A combination of very bad things would have to happen for Pittsburgh to lose to Philly, not the least of which is beating themselves.

Who's going to account for T.O, Westbrook out of the backfield, and even a sppedster like Pinkston? They have more weapons offensively than you care to acknowledge. And Westbrook is the key; as he can both run or swing into the flats and be ellusive enough that a linebacker can't cover him.

Guest Vitamin X

Well they're still targeting the absolutely horrid Packer secondary. The run defense hasn't played that bad, but then again I don't know because Philly has only called something like 8-10 run plays.

Who's going to account for T.O

Townsend and Polamalu, as per the game already played.

Westbrook out of the backfield

Joey Porter and either Bell (if he's healthy) or Foote, as per the game they already played. Not to mention Aaron Smith and James Farrior.

and even a sppedster like Pinkston?

Wee Willie Williams seemed to do the job just fine, so let's say him.

Let's go to the other side of the ball. Who is going to cover Burress? Ward? Staley out of the backfield? El?

It's nice to see that the Eagles are no better than the Colts in terms of running up the score.

I think it's more of trying to get that 15th TD for the Reid bet. But yeah, get the starters out now.

thats a stupid reason. There's plenty more games for them to do this. They'll be gone now. They wanted to put it out of reach for favre; who has had a past of being a miracle worker.

Who's going to account for T.O

Townsend and Polamalu, as per the game already played.

Westbrook out of the backfield

Joey Porter and either Bell (if he's healthy) or Foote, as per the game they already played. Not to mention Aaron Smith and James Farrior.

and even a sppedster like Pinkston?

Wee Willie Williams seemed to do the job just fine, so let's say him.

Let's go to the other side of the ball. Who is going to cover Burress? Ward? Staley out of the backfield? El?

Don't ask me that question because I am not being pig headed about my team like you are. I never said the Eagles could beat the Steelers, I have been contending you should not write off the Eagles so much.

Polamalu and Townhead alone of T.O? Maybe, but that eats up their secondary for Mitchell and Pinkston.

Porter and Bell on Westbrook? Maybe, but probably not. People primarily don't put linebackers on fast receivers, and thats exactly what Westbrook is. He's whiz by them, or just having those guys cover him intently will open up the pass to lewis and L.J.

I'm not saying the Eagles will beat them, but seriously, its not as cut and dry as you make it.