TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Vitamin X

NFL Week 13

Guest Failed Mascot
Sadly, people will still bring up how they think Tom Brady is the best quarterback in the league. That defense is pretty special too y'know. Quarterbacks I think that are better then Tom:

Peyton

Donovan

Hmm, that's about it, I'd like to say Favre but I don't think many here would agree with that one, so I will leave it at two. Great quarterback, but not the best.

First off let me state that I am a Patriots fan. That being said I do vote for the home pick of Brady as the best QB in the league right now. I did think for awhile that it was Manning with the stats he's throwing out there but then look at all the weapons Manning has. Besides being protected by a really good O-Line he has 2 definate pro-bowl recievers, a pro-bowl RB, and 2 extremely good TEs. Right now Brady is playing behind an extremely dinged up O-Line, the TEs have become extra blockers because of the O-Line, and he doesn't have a WR in the league of Marvin Harrison. I do think that Dillon has been better than Edge this year so we'll give Brady that. Still, even last season when he had Fatwoin Smith running and they relied on a pick and peck pass attack he got it done.

If you look at alot of Manning's TDs they're coming in garbage time.

As for McNabb his legs are often times saving him. I still don't think he reads defenses well and gets himself out of trouble with his ability to run. More often that not he's always looking for the big strike and ignores that 7 yard gain by the short reciever.

Actually I think Manning's stats are padded but not due to garbage time. It's because they constantly jack it up inside the 10 yard line! Seriously, watch a Colts game sometime. Edge hardly ever gets to finish a drive off: Peyton has to get his TD. Still, Manning is leagues above anyone else in football right now.

As far as choking goes, I meant this year. The Vikings have done their share of choking in the past to be sure, but I have yet to see them do something on the level of what the Seahawks did last night or against the Rams so far this year.

Seattle has to be the biggest choke artist team in football...take a look at this one tonight and the Rams game from earlier.  Both of them HOME losses.  Just wondering but why exactly was Seattle this buzzworthy team before the season?  Matt Hasselbeck hasn't ever been that great, defense is just sorta average, and their receivers are pathetic.  When an ancient Jerry Rice is your best receiver, you're not that good.

Minnesota has invented the art of choking. Seattle can't even compete with the choke jobs the Vikings have pulled off over the last decade.

Last decade? How about the last 35 years?

Most of Minnesota's older losses were not chokes.

The first Super Bowl? Granted, choke. They were heavy favorites for that one.

Second? No, Miami was the defending champion and heavily favored.

Third? Pittsburgh was a tough team that would win three more SBs after that. Not a choke.

Fourth? Oakland was heavily favored in that game.

The only other notable loss in the Grant/Tark era would be the '75 team (considered the best of the 70's Vikings teams) losing to the Cowboys on the Hail Mary offensive interference play.

The notable chokes of the last decade ('98 and '00 NFC title games, '03 Week 17)? Allright, those were inexcusable.

I can't wait for the day Minnesota finally wins it all, if only to shut up Packers fans once and for all (or at least until they break out with "Now win two more!")

Keyshawn's catch was good.  His feet were inbounds and he got forced out.

Al Michaels just doesn't like the Cowboys.

He didn't get "forced out" Both players went for the ball and the height of the throw caused Keyshawn to extend his body and the momentum took him out of bounds.

His feet were still inbounds and that's what counts.

Guest Vitamin X
I want to see Vitamin X in Green Bay. Not even at the field itself. Even just a bar would be sufficient amusement.

Wait, why? Please explain.

VX - the fun-lovin' Mexican from Wisconsin

I'm Cuban, B!

When did his GB love begin? Because if it started in the mid-90's and he's gonna "cry" and "be upset" during GB's slaughterings then he needs a slap.

I've been a Green Bay fan for pretty much the whole time I've watched football. So no, I'm not a bandwagoner. I wouldn't even so much as consider liking another team as my favorite.

Guest Vitamin X
I can't wait for the day Minnesota finally wins it all, if only to shut up Packers fans once and for all (or at least until they break out with "Now win two more!")

:lol:

I'll be frank with you. I will cease the taunting personally about the chokings if they finally do get it done. Especially if they get it done in a close, big-game situation, much like the BoSox did. Noone can ever call them chokers again.

We'd just move on to using the Lions as the BUTT of our jokes, just like we moved to the Vikes when the Bucs left the division. Seriously, we don't care about the Vikes anywhere near how we care about the Bears.

We'd just move on to using the Lions as the BUTT of our jokes. Seriously, we don't care about the Vikes anywhere near how we care about the Bears.

It is the NFL's oldest rivalry so yeah I would hope Packers fans care more about the Bears in the negative way.

Guest Failed Mascot

I didn't know where to put this so I'll throw it in here. Priest Holmes was put on IR.

He didn't get "forced out" Both players went for the ball and the height of the throw caused Keyshawn to extend his body and the momentum took him out of bounds.

Not if your body touches out of bounds before BOTH feet hit the ground. BTW I thought it was an amazing catch by Keyshawn.

Not if your body touches out of bounds before BOTH feet hit the ground. BTW I thought it was an amazing catch by Keyshawn.

Their whole comeback was awesome. I was completely tired afterwards. It's hard to go from 'damn it! the cowboys are giving up their lead!' to 'OMG they're coming back!!'

Guest Vitamin X
I want to see Vitamin X in Green Bay. Not even at the field itself. Even just a bar would be sufficient amusement.

I still haven't received a response.

We'd just move on to using the Lions as the BUTT of our jokes. Seriously, we don't care about the Vikes anywhere near how we care about the Bears.

It is the NFL's oldest rivalry so yeah I would hope Packers fans care more about the Bears in the negative way.

Although I'm a bit biased as a Vikings fan, I fail to see any steam in the Packers-Bears rivalry... for one thing, in the time that I've been watching Minnesota (since '92), let's see how many playoff teams those three have fielded.

Minnesota - 8

Green Bay - 9

Chicago - 2

That's why I don't see any strength in that rivalry anymore. Hell, Detroit's been to more playoffs (5) in that time period.

I still haven't received a response.

Mexicans don't get responses

Plus they'd look funny and out of place in Green Bay (which is what he was going for, I believe)

Guest Vitamin X

Considering I look white and people have a difficult time even considering I'm Cuban here (or anywhere for that matter), the only thing out of place would be my Californian accent. Which isn't too bad, except maybe when I smoke weed, then I sound like Jeff Spicoli.

Guest Vitamin X

If you have, then you should know I don't look hispanic at all. Or maybe the lighting was off or something.

Plus they'd look funny and out of place in Green Bay (which is what he was going for, I believe)

Nah I've seen his pic. He's as white as the day is long. I just thought it would be amusing to see Mr. L.A./Miami cool stylin' hip guy among a bunch of oafish drunken Germanic men out in the snow.

Although I'm a bit biased as a Vikings fan, I fail to see any steam in the Packers-Bears rivalry... for one thing, in the time that I've been watching Minnesota (since '92), let's see how many playoff teams those three have fielded.

Minnesota - 8

Green Bay - 9

Chicago - 2

That's why I don't see any strength in that rivalry anymore. Hell, Detroit's been to more playoffs (5) in that time period.

Slayer, one of the Bears and Packers' implied goals for the year every year is to beat the other team. Hell it was a big selling point for Lovie Smith, the Bears coach when he got hired. Even if the Bears finishes 5-11, they will see the season being an improvement (based on the win at Lambeau).

Each SB that the ViQueens went to should have gone to the Rams, except for one. Snow and freezing wind can be a bitch. Ask Miami Dolphins fans about that. 6 times the Rams lost to the Vikes in the playoffs and they were all snow-filled home games. They beat the Vikes in the regular season every time they met in those seasons (except for 1 tie). But when they went to Minnesota, the snow did them in. The irony now is that both the Rams and the Vikes suck when they play outdoors.

George Halas made the Pack his personal whipping boys during the 50's before Lombardi came in and made GB worth playing for again. That made GB fans waaaaaaayyyy bitter after kicking ass in the 30's and 40's. Curly Lambeau vs. George Halas was a feud that sold tickets out fast. Halas always loved talking shit about the Pack and the crazy cheeseheads despised him for it. It's not like those folks had much else to get worked up about. The bad blood just carried over into the next generations of fans going back to their great grand parents where it still resonates today.

Guest Vitamin X

Wait a minute, Midwesterners get worked up??

Nah I've seen his pic. He's as white as the day is long. I just thought it would be amusing to see Mr. L.A./Miami cool stylin' hip guy among a bunch of oafish drunken Germanic men out in the snow.

Hey, that would be interesting. Guess I'll find out next year when I take a trip out to Lambeau for a regular season game. I've made it my goal, hopefully Brett will play one more year at least.

Wait a minute, Midwesterners get worked up??

Hey, that would be interesting. Guess I'll find out next year when I take a trip out to Lambeau for a regular season game.

Hey, just fuck up your vowels and you'll fit right in. Ask people what they put their groceries in.