TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Vitamin X

NFL Week 15

Green Bay was in position to obliterate the Jags, but sometimes things just don't go your way. I still think they are in good position to beat the Vikings next week, who didn't exactly light the world on fire in their win.

Fortunately the Jags game meant next to nothing (only in the unlikely scenario that the Vikes win next week, and then lose Week 17 while Green Bay beats Chicago does it mean anything), so I can't get too worried about it. Green Bay is in the playoffs anyways. Heading to Seattle isn't much worse than playing Carolina at home even for the one of the two that do lose out, so this is merely bragging rights.

Fortunately the Jags game meant next to nothing (only in the unlikely scenario that the Vikes win next week, and then lose Week 17 while Green Bay beats Chicago does it mean anything), so I can't get too worried about it. Green Bay is in the playoffs anyways. Heading to Seattle isn't much worse than playing Carolina at home even for the one of the two that do lose out, so this is merely bragging rights.

Yet losing the division title, and facing Seattle wouldnt be too bad because GB can beat Seattle I think, I just dont like the losing 2/3 games in December. Its un Green Bay like.

To be quite honest, I rather have Green Bay playing on the road in the playoffs this year, 4-4 on home turf isnt too dominating.

So yeah I have mixed feelings on whats best for the Packers.

Bascially play whoever doesn't have a speedy running back. (fred taylor, kevin jones, tiki barber, etc)

I'm still baffled by how it is that Green Bay has already secured a playoff berth and Minnesota hasn't given that there's every chance Minnesota will win the division.

I'm still shocked that the NFC West is so bad Arizona could still win the division.

Here's how bad the NFC as a whole is:

1) The final wild card team is guaranteed to be no better than 8-8 (and that's only if one of the 6-8 teams wins both games);

2) New Orleans is tied for a playoff spot;

3) Everybody except San Francisco is still in playoff contention with 2 games left, even though only five teams have a .500 record. Six teams are 5-9 and only a game back.

I'm still baffled by how it is that Green Bay has already secured a playoff berth and Minnesota hasn't given that there's every chance Minnesota will win the division.

I'm still shocked that the NFC West is so bad Arizona could still win the division.

1) The final wild card team is guaranteed to be no better than 8-8 (and that's only if one of the 6-8 teams wins both games);

3) Everybody except San Francisco is still in playoff contention with 2 games left, even though only five teams have a .500 record. Six teams are 5-9 and only a game back.

It's Not Bad, It's Parity!®

Guest The Shadow Behind You

The Kicker was a total pussy.

HIT HIM WITH YOUR SHOULDERS! You kick the ball for a living, you dont need the chest or the shoulders.

There's been a few Punters and Kickers who make ATTEMPTS.

I do recall a couple Punters making tackles.

Are there any kickers or punters in the league that don't look like total girls trying to tackle on a kick return?

Are there any kickers that don't look like girls out of their pads..

Janikowski.

Short fat bald bearded drinker.

It's Not Bad, It's Parity!®

No, it is not because of parity. It is because all of the top teams (aside from Philly & Atlanta) are all in the AFC. It is the same situation you had in the NBA for years, where the best team in the East couldn't beat the #6 team in the West.

Or why the AL East is so good and the AL Central is so crappy.

Are there any kickers or punters in the league that don't look like total girls trying to tackle on a kick return?

Are there any kickers that don't look like girls out of their pads..

Janikowski.

Short fat bald bearded drinker.

Oakland? no way

Guest Vitamin X
Green Bay was in position to obliterate the Jags, but sometimes things just don't go your way. I still think they are in good position to beat the Vikings next week, who didn't exactly light the world on fire in their win.

Wrong. A team from fuckin' Florida has no business coming into Lambeau Field for Green Bay's final home game of the season and schooling them in the second half. I had thought the run defense was playing well, but fuck they were absolute shit today. Even Harris had a bad day, and Ahmad Carroll got his usual 2-3 pass interference calls. Nick Barnett is the only bright spot for that defense, I swear. I expected the game to be low scoring because of how good the Jags defense was reputed to be, and they proved me right, but I certainly didn't expect for Jacksonville's offense to rip Green Bay a new one, especially in the running game, since I thought the run defense was the only thing Green Bay had going for it on that side of the ball. Man, was I wrong.

It's official, the Green Bay Packers are the NFC's Kansas City Chiefs. And even then, KC still has a better offense. We get to play the Vikings next week in the Metrodome for the NFC North title, and it's really all for pride now, because let's face it: Neither of these teams are going to do shit come playoff time. I've really lost all faith in this season, and it happened during the Eagles game. If they had been able to play the Eagles close and beat the Jags like they should have, I'd say they would be in contention for the big one, but right now there's no way. I don't think I even have to explain Minnesota and their inability to close out games, for once a tremendous failure in the final seconds of the game went in favor of them instead of against them today.

If you are going continue to compare Marino and Manning; Make mention how either can win the big one.

Some one explain this to me.

I'm listening to this on the way home, Baltimore just kicked a FG to make it 20-6. I go into the gas station to get a pop and some pretzels, come out, and it's 20-10.

How did this happen?

Some one explain this to me.

I'm listening to this on the way home, Baltimore just kicked a FG to make it 20-6. I go into the gas station to get a pop and some pretzels, come out, and it's 20-10.

How did this happen?

Indy committed a penalty on the FG, the FG was good...but Billick decided to take the points off the board and go for it on 4th and 3, and Todd Heap caught a TD.

And Vanderjagt misses the FG!

Its still a 10 point game....