TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Phenom

The OAO SmackDown! Thread for 12/16/04

Guest The Shadow Behind You
I'd mark if they found a way to turn the lights out in Baghad.

"The Lights Went Out In Baghdad"

...sounds like a twisted country song.

Wait; Foley made a Toby Keith comment on monday "Stick a boot in your ass"...WWE is ultra rednecky and republican...

Keith likes wrestling (see his deal in TNA)...I have a feeling T.K will be on next week's show.

Wait; Foley made a Toby Keith comment on monday "Stick a boot in your ass"...WWE is ultra rednecky and republican...

Keith likes wrestling (see his deal in TNA)...I have a feeling T.K will be on next week's show.

Things like that are why I don't watch TNA.

That was back in the earlier days of TNA, I believe.

That was back in the earlier days of TNA, I believe.

yes. very early in the history of it. Like the second show.

You know what's REALLY fun to do.

Watch the 1998 Royal Rumble a few hours before Smackdown...

...seeing "Blackjack Bradshaw" Coming out.

What's even more funny is

Watching 2004 Royal Rumble.

Watching Bradshaw last 27 seconds and being the first man eliminated is funny and sad at the same time.

TBS looks less intimidating with the bald head. Im not sure why.

I hate how my local news always includes "Smackdown" in their plugs for the news so they can try to get people watching SD to watch their show.

They'll include stupid stuff like "6 car smackdown!" in the plugs.

Pretty good Smackdown in a long time. Too bad I wasn't there in Nashville to see it live. The main event was great minus OJ coming in and elbow dropping for a DQ finish

Anyone care to explain why they're showing this match on TV? I missed them explaining that.

The match was so good, they had to show it again. ;)

Okay, any theories on why half of the Cena match was B&W? And on free TV, JBL got EXPOSED wrestling Angle. I haven't seen his PPV work this year(other than the Rumble) but he just looked so slow and awkward compared to Angle. I hope to God Angle gets the belt, even in transition, Smackdown NEEDS JBL to lose this belt and get away, he's over used and what was a decent gimmick is now getting generic and stupid. Get him off my TV for a month or so.

Okay, any theories on why half of the Cena match was B&W?

Probably so the FCC won't get on their ass about guys bleeding, like people will see it in black and white and think Jesus blotted chocolate sauce on his forehead or something. They've done it pretty often lately actually, when showing past highlights.

I thought the last 5-10 minutes of the match was great, great stuff. I thought we had our screw job finish at the belt shot. Excellent near falls and finishing sequnces... JBL doesn't know how to sell the ankle. Come on, JBL was in it for so long so many times, the move lost credibility. I personally marked for the heel stable v. heel stable storyline, and the other mini-stable of Carlito and Jesus even interacted with JBL's cabinet. And Carlito called him cool, and didn't spit the apple. It's cool that the heels actually have a little depth. The opening promo was great. Angle inventing the overly ridiculous celebrations, it's true it's true. The Orlando-Luther promo about health care was awesome, these two are really coming into their own on the mic. Luther's pretty pimp. Not near Batista levels yet, but he's got the smooth talking ways.

Best Smackdown! in a while. I'm one of the few who watches RAW and Smackdown! and prefers Smackdown! :ph34r:

Okay, any theories on why half of the Cena match was B&W? And on free TV, JBL got EXPOSED wrestling Angle. I haven't seen his PPV work this year(other than the Rumble) but he just looked so slow and awkward compared to Angle. I hope to God Angle gets the belt, even in transition, Smackdown NEEDS JBL to lose this belt and get away, he's over used and what was a decent gimmick is now getting generic and stupid. Get him off my TV for a month or so.

It's funny you complain about Bradshaw being Generic when you're pleading to put the title on Kurt Angle.

It doesn't get as Generic as Kurt Angle does.

Kurt Angle with the title is like HHH with the title. Old Hat.

It's the same story and same character.

I'd like to see Angle with the title mainly because it'd focus on a WRESTLING champion but let's face it...everyone complains bout how weak JBL looks in the rign since being champion; well Angle looked weaker not Jericho lows but still low nontheless.

JBL is still a fresher character then Angle right now.

And theories? They have been doing the BW when blood is exposed on pre-taped (i.e not sold as a live match) matches or highlights for about 2 1/2 years now. Remeber the gruesome Lesnar/Gowan segment where Gowan gashed a major artery? or when Lesnar smeared the blood of Hogan upon his chest? all faded in BW.

The FCC doesn't like it and besides; to wwe's mind it looks more violent when they have to "black and white" it.