TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Hunter's Torn Quad

WWE to tape Raw and SD back-to-back

--WWE will be doing what I believe is the first ever double taping on 1/31 in San Jose. They will tape Raw live at 6 p.m., and then at 8:30 p.m., tape Smackdown for the next Thursday. Tickets go on sale on 1/8.

Credit - WO.com

Apart from anything, this is really going to emphasis just how horrid SD is when compared to Raw.

They better have one hell of a dark match to keep people staying for that length of time. As the nobody takes the split seriously, I recommend Raw Champion v SD Champion, with a DDQ finish, and have everyone from both rosters brawling away to end things.

Guest Phenom
They better have one hell of a dark match to keep people staying for that length of time. As the nobody takes the split seriously, I recommend Raw Champion v SD Champion, with a DDQ finish, and have everyone from both rosters brawling away to end things.

That happened back in March, remember? Triple H vs. Eddie Guerrrrrrrrero?

That happened back in March, remember? Triple H vs. Eddie Guerrrrrrrrero?

Hunter wasn't Raw Champion when that match happened. And that match and ending got over huge with the live crowd, hence why they should do it again for the live crowd, so they might want to sit through a 4hr taping.

Guest Fook_Theta

This could be very interesting, or a sign of the bad times to come.

Voted "Won't change anything - Vinnie Mac luck."

Maybe it's just me, but I can't see anyone sticking around to see JBL v. HHH :lol:

I think the best bet would be a 10 man tag, 5 top RAW guys v. 5 top SD guys, that way you cover all the bases

And add me to the "how the FUCK will they handle the sets" crowd. I don't see how it's possible without taking a LONG break in-between the tapings, unless that shit is a lot less complicated than I thought.

Actually, now that I think about it, the sets are pretty much based on the same stage, right? Just with a different backdrop/screen......

This could be very interesting, or a sign of the bad times to come.

Voted "Won't change anything - Vinnie Mac luck."

If this is a one time thing, or even a once in a while thing (such as maybe once per month), it may not be so bad.

But if this is a new standard, then I think this is going to be a negative in the long run.

Guest Brian

I can see them trying to tape it as one big chunk of show, rather than two seperate shows. They should utilize the fact that they have both rosters, edit it for a good cliffhanger. It would be a good time, if they are planning on doing it, to have a re-draft. You set the wheels in motion on RAW, and build up to SmackDown, if that is their plan. It would also be a great way to set up some interpromotional interest for WrestleMania, leaving possible feuds on the backburner. They could make it real interesting.

Guest LooneyTune
Can someone explain to me how the hell they're going to change the stage sets for the shows?

They're going to hire The Black Scorpion ?

:lol: So does this mean no Velocity or Heat tapings? This is horrible, horrible news for Velocity fans.

Can someone explain to me how the hell they're going to change the stage sets for the shows?

They're going to hire The Black Scorpion ?

:lol: So does this mean no Velocity or Heat tapings? This is horrible, horrible news for Velocity fans.

They still show Velocity?

Funny seeing how WWE NEVER promotes it.

Guest LooneyTune

It's the best WWE Show right now... until they go back to having 2 or 3 squash matches again, with a main event of D'von Dudley vs. Scotty 2 Hotty.

RAW doesn't always have the Ramp, so all they would have to do is figure away to put the Smackdown backdrop/fist/screens in front of the parallelogramatron after RAW which wouldn't take long and would save the effort of dismantling the RAW set. I figure they could have it set up in 45 minutes, which would be enough of an intermission to start the show at 9pm SJ time.

Do we even know if they are selling one ticket for both shows or ticketing both shows seperately...that could give them more time to set things up.

Guest LooneyTune

They are lucky to get fans to fill in a taping for 2/3s of the arena. No way will they charge for two shows when they can't even sell out 1 taping.

Guest T0rrent

I may go as well since the tank is only about a 40 minute drive from where i live. Might be fun as i've never been to a live show before.

So there gonna make people sit through 4 hours of crap? They better do more then 6 matches.

Guest Loss

Umm, I think it's rather obvious they're doing this so they can send the wrestlers home early for the holidays. They always adjust the taping schedule around Christmas.