TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Trivia247

A HHH Interview

Guest Trivia247

Chris Yandek had the opportunity to do an interview with Triple H to discuss his new book Making The Game Triple H's Approach to a Better Body, tips to eating right while on the road away from home, basic training, friendship with Ric Flair, his marriage with Stephanie McMahon, his quad injury today and the rehab, WWE locker room attitude, his movie Blade Trinity and other acting roles, steroids in other sports and the government getting involved, HHH getting favoritism by Vince McMahon, and where the future of the wrestling business is going. Below are a couple of exerpts from the interview:

Your book Making The Game Triple H's Approach to a Better Body is not just a book about being fit, but it also is a book about your wrestling book and making it in the business. Tell me about how you were able to put both in the book.

"They kind of incorporate each other because I get asked by a lot of guys on the road about how to get in shape. I wanted to do that part of the book, but I also believed in my life that I started bodybuilding when I was 14. I believe that the things that you learn in the gym you can apply to other aspects of your life. I believe that I have used those things in my life to get me to where I am in the wrestling business, Hollywood, and all those things that I have accomplished. I have used all those things I have learned from the gym to get there you know."

You got an acting role in the movie Blade Trinity. Do you think it will be tough to stay around WWE full time if you get more roles or offers in movies like what happened with The Rock?

"You have the choice of what you want to do in life. While the movies are great wrestling is what I love to do. I am not planning on leaving it. I get offers to do movies all the time. The beautiful thing about the situation I am in is I can be selective and take the roles that are the best. I don't have to make another movie right away. I can do it when I want. The Rock has gone from making one movie to the next movie. That isn't what I want to do. If I make another movie this year that's great, but if it takes me two, three, or four months away that's ok. I will come back and wrestle for six months, ten months, or a year than I will make another movie. When the time is right I will make the movies and see how it goes. Physically I want to keep wrestling. That is what I love to do."

-- You can read and listen to the interview at www.neweraofwrestling.com.

WTF is up with that website? It looks like a retard put it together.

That interview was awful. The guy interviewing HHH was about as bad as an interviewer can possibly be.

Guest LooneyTune

Maybe Eugene & Timmy shared the duties. Lord knows that would be hilarious. Maybe throw in Jimmy for a Triple-Threat.

Guest Loss

You lied, Trivia. There is nowhere to read the interview. It can only be listened to, and I don't have Real Player so I'm screwed. Too bad. HHH being asked about being overpushed and in too much favor with Vince never gets old, and I never tire of hearing his convoluted responses.

Guest Salacious Crumb

You know that Yandek fucker pisses me off. They send me that fucking newsletter, I unsubscribe and then it starts coming maybe two months later again.

You lied, Trivia. There is nowhere to read the interview. It can only be listened to, and I don't have Real Player so I'm screwed. Too bad. HHH being asked about being overpushed and in too much favor with Vince never gets old, and I never tire of hearing his convoluted responses.

http://members.tripod.com/Lyandek/yandek/id4.htm

EDIT:

Triple H is without a doubt the most well known wrestler in the WWE today. A multiple time WWE World Champion, and an acting role in the new movie out Blade Trinity. He without a doubt for many years has worked on the body building scene and with his new book Making The Game Triple H's Approach to a Better Body gives tips and workout help for any wrestling fan.

First off how are you?

"I am doing good."

Your book Making The Game Triple H's Approach to a Better Body is not just a book about being fit, but it also is a book about your wrestling book and making it in the business. Tell me about how you were able to put both in the book.

"They kind of incorporate each other because I get asked by a lot of guys on the road about how to get in shape. I wanted to do that part of the book, but I also believed in my life that I started bodybuilding when I was 14. I believe that the things that you learn in the gym you can apply to other aspects of your life. I believe that I have used those things in my life to get me to where I am in the wrestling business, Hollywood, and all those things that I have accomplished. I have used all those things I have learned from the gym to get there you know."

Tell me about how Gold's Gym helped both your bodybuilding and wrestling career?

"It is not just Gold's Gym, but the gym in general. Getting in the gym and training with people that were the trainers and people that became my friends helped me with bodybuilding and improve my physique. In that you learn those disciplines, drive, and things that it takes. When you are looking at a career in something you are not sitting back and waiting for somebody to find you to make you a star. You are actually going out and accomplishing these things on your own, making them happen on your own, and not just waiting for them to become a reality."

You stress in the book about how it's important to focus on basic workout exercises than extreme workout exercises all the time. For someone who might not workout numerous times a week like myself why is it important to focus on the basic workout exercises?

"Well, the basic exercises hit more body parts at once. As opposed to something that just isolates your chest. When you a regular bench press or an incline bench press it works your chest, your shoulders, your triceps, and it's an all over exercise that does more than one thing to your body, and that's going to get you in better shape faster because you are working your muscle and putting your body through intense demand so it will respond to it better."

In the book you give a good writing summary of eating on the road including fast food places like Subway, McDonald's, Denny's, and even on a plane. Tell me about the importance of this information, but how hard it can be sometimes to find the right good meal for a wrestler or athlete on the road a lot like yourself.

"I think it is very difficult to eat right on the road. It probably is the most difficult challenge that we have. The job we have of being on the road and finding places to eat to get the right food. You have to put a lot of thought into it. You have to think if you are going to a Wendy's or McDonald's you have to think about what are the best choices for me to have. Is it the chicken sandwich? Is it grilled? How is it made? Take the bun off to get rid of the carbohydrates. There are ways to do everything on the road. You just have to put more thought into it when you are at home and can eat whatever you want."

You talk about your quad injury and the nine months of rehab in Birmingham, Alabama while you were away from WWE. How is the quad today and what do you remember most about the rehab?

"My quad today is great. It feels fine. I would say it is close to 100 percent as I am ever going to get it. It was just a long process. I felt I was in Birmingham, Alabama for forever. I was there for a long time. I went through a lot of pain and days where I was in a wheel chair or still in crutches wondering if I was still going to be able to this. It was just such a long road back. I had to remember how to walk again. Eventfully over time it does get better and you just keep plugging away. The discipline and drive that I had in the gym helped me set the goals to come back from something like that."

You talk about in your book how you left WCW after one year and went to the WWE and Ric Flair said to you that Vince McMahon would make you a star in WWE. You also said you were getting tears or choked up about leaving. Tell me about what that felt to your career coming from Ric Flair and how you are friends today.

"That meant a lot from Ric Flair at the time. At the time Ric Flair and I didn't each other that well. We just had a passing relationship. For him to give me his honest feedback meant a lot because I respected him as a performer. Obviously he know what he was talking about and meant the things that he was saying. For him to tell me against the company he was working for that I needed to go to WWE and let Vince McMahon make me a star meant a lot to me. I got to know Ric Flair when he came to work here. I got to know Ric Flair a lot better and we are good friends. He is just a great guy and would go out of his way to tell a guy the right thing to do or to give somebody advice. That's one of the things I admire about him."

You say the attitude in the WWE locker room is one of the worst things in the business today. Why do you think that is?

"When I say attitude I think it's the people's lack of drive. They are all just sitting back and waiting for someone to create them. They are all just sitting back waiting for someone to say all right we are using you today. It doesn't happen like that. Vince McMahon didn't look at Steve Austin one day when he was The Ringmaster and say I am going to make you a big star. Steve Austin did all that. He went from being The Ringmaster to create a new image, persona, and when it started to get over with the fans Vince McMahon said this guy is so over I got to do something with him. The same thing with The Rock they were chanting die Rocky die. He created himself and all those things. He got to a point where he was becoming so popular with the fans good guy or bad guy. Vince McMahon had to something with him because he made himself into something big. That's how it works. These guys sitting around and waiting for somebody to hand them the ball have to understand it doesn't happen that way."

You talk openly in the book about how Vince McMahon didn't approve at first of your relationship with his daughter Stephanie McMahon, but after a while finally gave the green light. If you could tell me about how great of feeling was it to get acceptance from Vince than, but also when you finally married Stephanie your wife today.

"It was awesome. That's the greatest thing in the world when you find the right person. I think when he disapproved of it and we were away from each other for a while we knew that it wasn't good for us being apart. We wanted to be together. I think Vince McMahon's thing of having us apart from each other kept saying if it's meant to be it will be. Obviously it was because we got together, short time later we were engaged, and this past year we got married. Everything is great."

One of my close friends worked with you as a manager back in your days with Killer Kowalski. John Rodeo one of your independent wrestling managers told me to tell although he never made it, but every time he see's you on the TV he feels a small piece of him made it to the big time. What do you remember most about working with your manager John Rodeo back in your independent wrestling days?

"It's funny because I look back on those days of my career because they were some of the most of my career. All of us were trying to live a dream. Some of the guys were living the dream at the moment and I was too. We weren't making any money and traveling all over the place trying to make a name for ourselves. You look back on the struggle they were fond times. John Rodeo was a great guy who was a huge fan of the business and had a part in it. He should be proud of the things he did in the business. When he looks at me on TV I am glad he sees part of him in me because every little thing that happens to you along the way is a part of your success and he was too."

You got an acting role in the movie Blade Trinity. Do you think it will be tough to stay around WWE full time if you get more roles or offers in movies like what happened with The Rock?

"You have the choice of what you want to do in life. While the movies are great wrestling is what I love to do. I am not planning on leaving it. I get offers to do movies all the time. The beautiful thing about the situation I am in is I can be selective and take the roles that are the best. I don't have to make another movie right away. I can do it when I want. The Rock has gone from making one movie to the next movie. That isn't what I want to do. If I make another movie this year that's great, but if it takes me two, three, or four months away that's ok. I will come back and wrestle for six months, ten months, or a year than I will make another movie. When the time is right I will make the movies and see how it goes. Physically I want to keep wrestling. That is what I love to do."

As someone who has trained his whole life and knows a lot about situations of this matter I will address with you now. What do you think about the steroid scandal in baseball and if the Government steps in then should they step in on other forms of entertainment where steroids have been used in the past like wrestling?

"I think in baseball or any other sport where somebody can gain an unfair advantage over somebody when the rules state you can't use a performance enhancing drug because someone can gain an unfair advantage in a legitimate competition because of those drugs. I think than they should be tested. I think there should be punishment for the guys who do them. I think they should be regulated. I am not a big believer in the government stepping into sports, but I think it needs to be taken care of within the sports themselves. In other forms of entertainment there is no benefit to be gained by using steroids. It is like saying well, if you take steroids are you going to be a better actor in the movie. It's entertainment. You aren't going to win the contest by improving your athletic performance by taking steroids. I don't see as how it would apply."

As someone who is married to the daughter of the boss, do you feel other wrestlers might get the opinion you get a little favoritism with Vince McMahon?

"If any of the guys feel that way I don't know. Any of the guys I directly have worked with like Chris Benoit, Shawn Michaels, or any of them would tell you that I don't. I think I am hold to a higher standard a lot of times than other guys are. I have to be the example for everybody else not only because I represent myself, but I also represent Vince McMahon, Stephanie McMahon, and the company in a lot of people's eyes. Instead of favoritism I actually get the wrath easier you know."

A reader of mine asked me to ask you just what was it like to work with Rick Rude?

"Rick Rude was a great guy. I didn't get to work with him for as long as I would have liked. Unfortunately he passed away, but I was a big fan of his as performer. As a ring talent I thought he was tremendous. As a guy I thought he was a great guy during the time we worked together in DX. We had a lot of fun."

Finally, many people feel the wrestling business isn't at the strong point it once was in the past four or five years. Where do you think WWE could be headed in the next few years?

"Well, I think it wasn't quite as strong as a few years ago. Our business is cyclical and I am not saying that it just goes up and down. When you have certain stars within in the business people want to look at it when it is down now, but five years ago look at who was in the business. You have Steve Austin, The Rock, myself, Mick Foley, and The Undertaker. You had all these top guys in the business all at the same time. Those guys were household names. Today it is just me and The Undertaker out of all those guys I just named. Today The Undertaker even has a limited role to some degree. It takes a while to build new stars. We are rebuilding stars today. We are taking the young Steve Austin's and The Rock's and replacing them with new stars like Randy Orton, Batista, and John Cena."and John Cena that are up and coming. Hopefully they will take it to the next level."

Paul Heyman interview:

The Rise and Fall of ECW DVD has been a success seller for WWE. The promoter and owner of ECW Paul Heyman talks with me below about many topics within ECW, but without a doubt is the man who made the company what it was. Paul Heyman holds nothing back in the interview below.

First off how are you?

"I am wonderful."

How happy are you with the Rise and Fall of ECW DVD as a full complete project and the way WWE put it together?

"I am as happy as I possibly could be with it. I had very low expectations going in bluntly. I didn't expect them to pull something off this complete and this accurate. I had my doubts going in that they were going to represent ECW in the light that I thought would be appropriate. I am more than pleasantly surprised by it because as of now it is the most accurate look at ECW and what we went through along the way."

It has been well known that you put a lot of your own money into ECW. What was the main reason that you took a lot of your own money to keep this company going?

"Because I believed in it. I loved it. I lived it. I have absolutely no regrets regarding it."

What was the main reason you closed the promotions doors besides financially if any others?

"That was the only reason. We had no network home. An executive at the time by the name of Dan York made the assessment without ECW on a network we could not sustain our self or stay alive. Giving us the money that was coming in from pay perviews would have been a bad business move on their part that they could negotiate, which they did the amount owed out with the bankruptcy court, which they did. Based on the fact that we had no network home and no way to promote our licenses or shows, and coupled with the fact we couldn't get our money out of the pay perviews company, which was seven million dollars and now you have no revenue stream or platform than you are out of business."

What do you think your relationship was like with WWE and WCW when they told you they wanted to sign one of your talents?

"Well, it depends on which talent it was and how they went about it. WCW used to go about it by offering huge signing bonuses to our talent if they get it under rap and did what was called a jump. WWE was more up front with me. If there was a talent from our organization that was looking to go there or if they were looking to talk to talent, which didn't guarantee the talent would go to them, but they were very open about it. They called me up and said they were interested in talent or they were interested and they told me there was going to be a conversation. My relationship was different with both organizations as I resented how WCW did it and WWE had the attitude that business was business. We are gonna take what we think would benefit our company the most if we can take it from you."

How important do you think the ECW Barley Legal pay perview in 1997 was to the company getting it's name known and established and where do you think ECW would have gone if it didn't do well?

"I think if the pay perview didn't do well we were out of business immediately. There was nothing left or anyone else who would have done business with us after that. There would have been no network that would have talked to us. The talents would have lost hope. I think the carried angle in front of all of us is that we could blow away shows no one else would compete with in terms of style and appealing to different demographics. Without that success nobody else would have stayed. In terms of acceptance there wouldn't have been a licensee after ECW Barley Legal if it would’ve been a flop. Nothing would have happened. It would have been this was the little train that could but couldn't. It was like wow they really could."

Do you think that TNN didn't do a good job at trying to help promote the ECW TV show and that really hurt the company at the end?

"Not only do I think it, but I know it. TNN is the main reason for the chain of the events that lead to the demise of ECW. We went on to the Nashville Network, which was being changed and what a brilliant marketing plan that was. We were supposed to have all these synergetic opportunities. It was owned by CBS and was promoted by Infinity Broadcasting. We were supposed to have commercials than ran throughout TNN. We were supposed to have press releases for every city that we went to with the local cable affiliates that they would run. Our lead in show usually did between a 0.3 to 0.6 rating. We always usually did between a 1.2 and a 1.5. Sometimes we would fall down to a 0.9, but that is when our lead in was doing a 0.2 rating. We were the highest rated show on the network and blew away everything they had. We were in a horrible time slot on Friday nights, but I have no complaints about because I agreed to it. Moments after we signed with TNN they were in negotiations with WWE. They cannibalized us. They never sent out our press releases. They never ran our commercials. They never helped us with any of these synergetic opportunities, which is why we went on the network to begin with. We increased our expenses by going on that network. It just ate us up alive. I think the best story I can tell is we had a deal to go to Japan at the end of December and they insisted we run a show in their home town of Nashville, Tennessee. We book Nashville, Tennessee and are expecting press releases, local affiliates, video spots, interviews, and newspaper talk and they did nothing. Not one thing for us going into Nashville, Tennessee. On the flip side you would watch the TV show and in between the TV show you would see the ads that say don't miss ECW on TNN. They are watching it. I called Brian Hughes the executive vice president of TNN at the time and said to Brian, 'Thanks for the advertisement. It's wonderful, but could we air it somewhere else besides our own show?' We already had these viewers. He said, 'Well, isn't that the target demographic?' So right there we had our answer. As soon as they put us on we were the guinea pig to see if wrestling could hold on TNN and to see if they wanted to invest 26 million dollars in WWE as TNN was being absorbed by Viacom. It started the chain of the events that lead to the death of the company."

How influential was Terry Funk on the company and elevating guys?

"We wouldn't have had an ECW without Terry Funk. He made everybody on our roster."

What are your thoughts on the night Shane Douglas threw down the NWA Championship and how did it become a turning point in the company?

"Well, my thoughts are we did the right thing. It was something we were very specific in doing because we wanted to make a statement that everything written in wrestling before that day was the old testament and we were going to write the new testament."

There has been much talk that WWE might start up and ECW brand or promotion under their company. Do you think there is any possibility or truth to that?

"I certainly hope not. I don't think it would succeed. Could we do it as a one time thing? Or a once in a while thing? I think people would be very interested to see a 2004-2005 version of an ECW show. To do ECW now as a promotion under the offices of being corporately owned would never work because that wasn't what ECW was about. If it were attempted it would prostitute what the brand truly was."

You have been on and off as a booker and part of creative for WWE. Tell me about what you have learned about working with other people as part of WWE creative.

"Well, it depends on who we are speaking about. I try to learn from anybody. I use to get ideas from members of the ring crew in ECW. I use to get it fans and the guy at the local deli. If you pay attention to the theory behind what people are suggesting you can learn a lot of their perspective of what wrestling could be or should be. I have learned from everybody I have worked with in WWE because if someone cares enough to throw out an idea I care enough to listen to what is behind the idea."

Tell me about the story when you were on the road with Dutch Mantell and the Undertaker in the past in WCW and he thought you were driving to fast.

"I think it was 1990 in WCW. We had a point between Chicago, Illinois and Cincinnati, Ohio and that was the town. We thought it was a night time show and we got in the car saying we would stop off and get something to eat, take a leisure drive as it is a 250 mile drive. We looked at the sheet and what a surprise it was a 2:00PM show and it was already 12:05PM in Chicago, Illinois. The Undertaker known as Mean Mark than said, 'I think we should phone in and let them know we are going to be late.' I just put on my seat belt and turned to Dutch Mantell and said well at least one thing we will get there by the opening bell. I put both feet on the gas petal and steered the car."

There are many guys who I have interviewed in the past who have told me that you didn't pay them what you promised them in a full amount. Tell me is any of this statement true?

"Well, it depends on what you mean by that. Me personally, that is like saying if the WWE closed their doors today does Vince McMahon owe anybody any money personally. I don't think he does. I think the corporation does. I ran a corporation. The corporation went out of business. There were a lot of people who didn't get paid at the end of the corporation. That is a blunt fact. Neither did I though. It's not like I was flirting all the cash and saying wow I am sorry I had a wonderful week, but yours is surely the shits. I filed for personal bankruptcy. It's not like I had private money hidden in the islands or something. I did feel like taking money out of a company for those seven years when it could be invested in the company. Especially when other people weren't being paid I wasn't being paid. I didn't give myself a paycheck and say to someone else sorry you didn't get paid. Nobody lost more money than I did. Nobody supplied more funds than I was. Nobody took a better beating than I did in terms of finances that I did in ECW. I am sorry that certain people didn't get paid or what they were hoping for or didn't get paid what they were promised. I went out of business. Where was the money going to come from?"

What talents do you think were good in ECW that never got a real chance in WWE or WCW?

"It depends what you consider a shot. Public Enemy went to WCW, but I don't know if they were directed right or produced right. Could they have been big stars? I think so, but I don't know so. I don't think Rob Van Dam has gotten his fair shake in WWE. I wish some of the cruiserweights we had were more focused on. It's a case by case scenario. I think Raven could have been a huge star in this industry. I just don't know if that character worked outside of the ECW environment. Some characters were tailor made for the ECW environment and their characters wouldn't have worked elsewhere. Some characters just weren't given the chance."

Finally, where do you think the future of WWE is going as the business is not at it's highest point right now?

"I think there comes a time when assessment needs to be made. If WWE wants to stay where they are it is a fourth generation family business. With Shane McMahon's son being born its a fifth family business. I think with all other changing times much like any other industry it needs to change. Just look at the TV industry today in the revolution in advertising. They are taking so much business away from broadcasts. With Tebo you are going to see more integrated advertising than 30 second commercials. Everybody is fast forwarding through the commercials. The wrestling business needs to accept change and adept to that change. We need to find a style that is more contemporary with today's audience. Than you will need a new style three or four years from now to attract those viewers."

Interview with WWE Superstar Edge

Though I spend a lot of time in the NFL media world these days, I thought it was worth the time to do an interview with WWE Superstar Edge. His new Adam Copeland On Edge is not a gossip book, but it's a great story for anyone whoever starts with nothing and wants to learn what it takes to make it to the big time.

t story for anyone whoever starts with nothing and wants to learn what it takes to make it to the big time.

First off how are you?

"Not to bad."

The first thing you get from reading your book is that you had a very supportive single mom who believed in your dream of being a wrestler probably unlike other parents with their kids dreams. Tell me about that.

"Yeah. Any type of sports or entertainment dream sounds like a pipe dream. I think when I was eight years and stumbled upon wrestling realizing that was what I was going to do. I am sure it was like ok that's great and awesome. When I was 17, beginning my training, and my last year of high school and doing this, she was always my number one fan. She was totally supportive even through the thick and the thin. The days of making no money as well and she was there through all of those times. She never once doubted me. She saw the compassion I had for the business and that I was never going to stop till I did get to where I wanted to get to. If she would have doubted that it would have been a big stumbling block."

The fact that you ended up in the world of professional wrestling because you won a contest for a free wrestling education that was valued at $3000. Through the whole book it's like bad things happen, but the good comes out in the end. Tell me about that.

"Definitely. I think everybody's life is like that. I don't think everything is completely smooth as that isn't part of life. There is always going to be stumbles and valleys, but you walk out of the valley with your head held high as you get out of it. That's what I choose to do. Any negatives turn into a positive. For example I broke my beck for one year and I wrote a book. I always try to do something positive if negative things are happening. That's all you can do. The wrestling training was a blessing is disguise. That was the first huge happening when it comes to the point of my career. It would have definitely delayed me to start if I didn't get that opportunity for me to get the $3000."

It's an amazing story that you put up with these low rate independent wrestling shows in under zero degree weather, but the fact that you drove over a frozen lake boggles the mind trying to get to another wrestling show. This really are the stories of starting from the bottom and going to the top. Tell me about all that.

"Yeah. Where I started there was no place to go but up. In that respect it was a good way to start. I look back at it fondly. Would I some of the things now that I did back then? Would I drive over a frozen lake? You couldn't pay me enough now. At that point it was fun. It was what we needed to do to get to where we are with me, Rhyno, and Christian. That's just what we did. Depending on who I am talking to, but Canadians understand that story ok driving over a frozen lake. Over 100 percent of people I know have never heard of driving over a frozen week. You drove over a lake and you fell through which sounds unbelievable, but it definitely happened. Where you live in Florida, driving across a frozen lake sounds wrong."

Is it amazing to you that you and Christian well start on these small independent wrestling shows and end up in WWE together that are not brothers, but as tag team partners together as well with Rhyno who was on those small wrestling with you guys too. Tell me about.

"It really is. I haven't really thought about that looking back on it, but if you look at two guys that met in grade six. The book goes through all of it. I started wrestling two years before he did, but we went everywhere together. We started tag teaming basically as soon as Christian finished his training. It was a natural fit because we had already had been doing it pretty much as long as I can remember in his side yard. Once we got in there and wrestled guys like Rick Martel and Bad News Brown it didn't surprise me we were going to get to the WWE. I was hoping we would have won the tag team championship, but doubt started to creep us as they always tried to break us apart. When we actually did it at WrestleMania 17 it was amazing. It was pretty astronomical if you look at the odds. Rhyno who I have known for ten years and for him to be there with us and doing our thing. At WrestleMania 17 with him being an important part of the tables, ladders, and chairs match. It is amazing that three friends can do these things together. I wish the Johnny Swinger's and Joe Legend's were with us too. Everybody takes a path and this is where we ended up."

You talk in your book that Vince McMahon is a very approachable boss. Tell me about that.

"Initially I didn't. When I started to feel like I was earning my stripes, that's when it was like ok I am going to go talk to this guy. I want him to know I am here rather than just this wrestler put on TV. I want him to know the person. I want him to know that I do have some thoughts and ideas. Whether they are good or not who knows, but I am never gonna know what he thinks unless I go to him. He wants people to go to him. He wants to hear feedback and what ideas you have. He is a busy guy so he might not always have time, but eventually he will make time for you. I think he respects that when guy goes to him. He does have a presence and it is intimidating. Once you break down that barrier and realize he just wants you to perform and be able to produce for the show. Once you get past that he is very easy to talk with. He is a pretty good guy."

I was surprised a little on the influence Bret Hart had on you getting into WWE. Tell me about that.

"A lot of people just assume that I showed up in 1998 and I was a rookie. There was a lot of work to get to the point where I got there. I think the book opened it up and lets people know. I think the whole process included me meeting Bret Hart, who has always had a big influence on my career. Bret Hart, Shawn Michaels, and Hulk Hogan would be the three guys that definitely touched me the most when it came to getting me into the industry. A lot of people don't realize that it was Bret Hart who initially opened the for me. All he could guarantee me was to come up to his house which I did and he was impressed. He talked to Jim Ross and from there brought be to do Stanford, Connecticut. At that point it was up to me. Either I was gonna kick the door down or it was going to be shot in my face if I wasn't good enough. Thankfully they said there is your contract. Here we are eight and a half years later here we are."

In your book and of course in this interview you looked up to Hulk Hogan. Did you ever dream in your wildest mind you would hold the WWE Tag Team Championship with Hulk Hogan in July of 2002?

"Without a doubt. It was something that I never thought would happen. When I was a kid of course you have dreams, but I never thought he and me would be peers at the same time in the same company and doing the same thing. When it did it was one of those total goose bumps. I had this huge cheesy smile on my face, but everything was completely legitimate. The way I looked is the way I felt. It definitely goes down as one of the milestone moments in my career. When you read the book you can tell what an influence he had on me."

The WWE is not doing the 7.0 ratings they were doing at the end of the 1990's, but right now the wrestling business is at a down point. What do you think is needed to get the business back to where it once was?

"Well, I have always said wrestling is a cyclical business. I was one of those fans who was always there through out it. I originally caught in with the Hulk Hogan Rock and Wrestling connection. When it went down and Bret Hart and Shawn Michaels had to carry the load I was still there. I have seen it go through the ups and downs. When I first at 17 wrestling wasn't popular, but I still wanted to do it. When I started with WWE I got lucky when it exploded with Steve Austin and The Rock. I think it will take the cycle to run it's course. It's just always what it does. I feel comfortable about doing my character now the way it comes out. Guys like The Rock and Steve Austin just did it. They were able to cut the cord and go as far as being known in pop culture."

Finally, your book wasn't the big gossip book like other wrestling books, but if you are going through tough times and want to hear a success story as a wrestler. Do you feel your book would be the best to read with the fact what you went through to get to the WWE.

"Yeah. I think it's a book that shows struggles will never stop with all the injuries I have had. People have said before there is not a lot of controversy. I say to those people I am not going to make up controversy and have it in a book. I am not going to make up issues. I am not going to start my own angles in a book. I don't have situations like Ric Flair with Eric Bischoff. What I am is a guy who wanted to do this. I am still struggling to get to where I want to go with getting the WWE Championship. I think aspiring wrestlers can look at the book and say ok cool. I don't have a lot of back stage problems or anything like that. I am doing what I love to do. I am not going to complain about it."

Guest Trivia247
Thank you.

:)

Now I didn't Lie the Link should have worked, thats some bullshit then from the page. Im glad you found one that worked though :)

Guest Trivia247
Trivia did not lie. My apologies.

Nods and goes back to writing up "HHH secretly wishes to job" thread

j/k

I stopped at "Your book Making The Game Triple H's Approach to a Better Body is not just a book about being fit, but it also is a book about your wrestling book" because my head didn't work anymore.