TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Failed Mascot

With the NFL Regular Season Over

Guest The Shadow Behind You

Wow. Had Dallas held on and beat NYG in the final game, SD would be the #7 Pick, instead that win from NYG, SD has to settle for #12.

It's still weird to see Cincinnati not in the top 10 draft spot...

Guest Flyboy
Ty Law is a shut down corner and has over 60 career picks I believe.

There's no such thing in the NFL anymore.

Roscoe Parrish (WR/PR, Miami) declared

I am interested to see where he goes. He has certainly been a playmaker, but 5'9" 175 lbs. (likely generous measurements as well) is certainly not what teams look for these days.

I dont think Parrish will go very high. He's a dangerous return man but probably wont get many looks from teams needing a good receiver due to his size. He looks to me like Antwan Randle El light.

Frank Gore (Miami, RB) declares for the draft.

Apparently his mom is really sick and he needs to start providing for her. Makes sense, as it is silly to declare early as a RB in this draft, unless you really need to.

Guest Failed Mascot

Frank Gore will be a second day pick. If he never hurt his knees he might have been a second round pick.

Guest The Shadow Behind You

@ least Gore had a reason. Otherwise I'd be saying he's a idiot.

Guest Salacious Crumb

I think Cleveland needs to take Mike Williams or Braylon Edwards with their first rounder. They need line help but I'm not really seeing anyone in the draft that's going to help them. And I don't really think they can do much with the defensive line as long as their stuck with Courtney Brown's contract.

Guest El Satanico

No Braylon Edwards...he's gonna flop and become David Terrel version 2

Guest Salacious Crumb

He's a lot better than Terrell ever was and he doesn't have the attitude problems. I'd prefer Williams but I wouldn't be upset with Edwards either.

Guest Failed Mascot

This draft is stacked with the O-linemen. Maybe not one worthy of the pick that Cleveland has but that just allows them to move a couple spots down and pick up another pick from some other team.

Guest Salacious Crumb

They don't need to spend that high of a pick on an o-lineman. One quality o-line guy is all they need if Tucker and Faine stay healthy. They need receivers though. The current group is too underachieving and needs a big threat. A receiving core with Mike Williams, Kellen Winslow, Dennis Northcutt, Antonio Bryant and Andre Davis will help the o-line more than making a gamble with the 3rd overall pick.

Guest Failed Mascot

That's why I said they should move down. Let them trade down with say Chicago or Tampa Bay. You could get their #1 pick this year along with a second round pick and maybe a 5th rounder too. Take an o-lineman with the 6th or 7th pick overall and then shore up other needs with your 2 second rounders.

Guest El Satanico

As long as Tucker is ok, Cleveland needs a LT and a RG. With a LT Verba can move to LG, then add a RG and we're good.

Walter Jones and at least one of Green Bay's guards should be on the FA market, so there's a chance the line gets fixed before the draft. That would be nice, so we can go somewhere else in the first. I'm thinking they go to someone like Antrell Rolle if they don't go LT in the first.

Guest Failed Mascot

I'd still move down a couple spots and get another pick or two if I was Cleveland.

Guest El Satanico

You sound like the draft hosts "Why didn't they trade down", but I agree. Unless there's a player that you must have, trading down is the smart thing to do.

Looking at the OL bios on NFLDraft.Com doesn't seem like any OT's are really worth taking in the 1st round, if you're Cleveland. So they could trade down, get extra picks, or keep the pick and than take OT in the 2nd round.

He's yet to declare. Still have until January 15th. Also he's still undersized. Probably will take him a few years to add some weight. Does Cleveland want to wait or do they want an impact player know?

Guest Failed Mascot

They still don't have their QB of the future so they might as well build in the other areas and get an O-Line together that knows how to block when they do get said QB.

Guest Salacious Crumb

It's kind of silly to take an o-lineman when part of the problem was quarterbacks didn't have anyone to throw to and got sacked because they had the ball too long. They should definately fix the o-line through free agency. Plus Garmon, Verba, Tucker and Faine aren't bad linemen.

Guest Failed Mascot
quarterbacks didn't have anyone to throw to and got sacked because they had the ball too long.

Kellen Winslow, Dennis Northcutt, Antonio Bryant and Andre Davis

The Cleveland QBs got sacked so much because they sucked.

Still, with Savage at the helm now I see them probably focusing on shoring up that defense first.