TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Some Guy

RVD

Guest Some Guy

Is it just me or does RVD only look comfortable being the cocky, stoner guy who is always cool.  On Raw I thought he looked like a moron trying to be pissed at Goldust.  He really didn't seem to know how he was supposed to act, so he just threw his arms out and made a face like someone farted.  Maybe he was just thinking about having to actually work a match with Goldust. :)

His punches need some help as well.  Terry Funk he is not in the punching department.

Guest Galactic Gigolo

Let me respond to your statement with a question.

Who in the WWF doesn't need acting lessons?

Stephanie McMahon's acting from the earlier show was so reprehensible I wanted to turn off my TV.

But yeah, RVD does need to work on stuff like that.  When you think of it, RVD never actually got mad in ECW.  He didn't care about anyone, and no one ever sneak attacked the guy, so was always just the cocky stoner guy.  He wasn't like The Sandman, who saw his wife get the shit kicked out of her, and his son cane him (Which was a great angle, BTW)

Guest Some Guy

"When you think of it, RVD never actually got mad in ECW.  He didn't care about anyone, and no one ever sneak attacked the guy, so was always just the cocky stoner guy."

That's the problem he has no experience getting mad on TV.  He seems lost when it comes to selling his emotions.

Why'll he isn't the only one who needs work he should be the next big star in the WWF and it's going to give others (HHH) a viable reason to hold him back.

Guest Tony149

Yeah, RVD is used to just playing it cool. If he doesn't learn how to sell his emotions, like Some Guy said, people will use it to hold him back.

Guest BlackRainbow1025

Jesus, no matter what you talk about, HHH "holding everyone back" gets thrown in.  Anyway, about RVD, yeah, his emotions are a little weak looking.  Then again, why is he really mad at Goldust again?  I forget b/c the WWF doesn't really explain storylines anymore.

Guest Brian

What are the two main things the WWF looks for in a superstar:

The ability to play a face or heel.

The ability to carry a segment, whether it be through promo or acting.

Guest Galactic Gigolo

Yeah, HHH isn't holding him back in this situation.  RVD is holding himself back by not learning how to show his emotions.  I mean, you can't have a guy stumbling around trying to act mean to pass of an angle, when he just looks like a kid in a candy store who's trying to get his own way when his parents say "no" to him.

And he's mad at Goldust because Goldust jumped him.  And Goldust was mad at RVD in the first place because... Uhhh... Wow, you got me there.

Guest Some Guy

Sorry for the HHH reference, force of habit.

Your right about the Goldust/RVD storyline being poorly explained and executed.  It's a dumb feud IMO and the match at NWO will most likely not be good.

Guest Tony149

The WWF screwed themselves in the RVD/Goldust. They had Goldust throw around the past, and now it's never brought up.

Guest Some Guy

"The WWF screwed themselves in the RVD/Goldust. They had Goldust throw around the past, and now it's never brought up."

Very true they set it up for it to be the Rock and gave us RVD which makes no sense.

Guest goodhelmet

Man, could you imagine the promos that would occur in an RVD-Benoit feud? I would pay money to see those guys wrestle each other in a heartbeat but keep them off the mic!

Guest Tony149

I would like to see an RVD/Benoit feud, but like you said goodhelmet, there promo's wouldn't be good. Although, their promo's could be entertaining in a bad way.

Guest Some Guy

"Man, could you imagine the promos that would occur in an RVD-Benoit feud? I would pay money to see those guys wrestle each other in a heartbeat but keep them off the mic!"

Benoit, "I'm silent but violent, i'll make you Tap, tap, tap."

RVD, "That's cool, everything's cool when you're R-V-D."

Exciting stuff, huh? But the match would be great.

Guest Hogan Made Wrestling

RVD could use acting lessons, and some wrestling lessons wouldn't be bad either.

Guest Army Eye
"Man, could you imagine the promos that would occur in an RVD-Benoit feud? I would pay money to see those guys wrestle each other in a heartbeat but keep them off the mic!"

Benoit, "I'm silent but violent, i'll make you Tap, tap, tap."

RVD, "That's cool, everything's cool when you're R-V-D."

A feud like that, considering how good the matches would be, is exactly why we need managers.  I wanna see Fonzie managing RVD again but that hasn't a chance in hell of happening.

Why does everyone think RVD vs. Benoit would be such a great feud? RVD can barely wrestle a real match, and Benoit would have to carry him through the whole thing, force him to work a match rather than just a collection of spots (which would be pretty difficult), dictate the flow of the match, etc. etc. I would much rather see Benoit work with people that complement him in the ring (Austin, Angle, Rock, Jericho, etc.) than RVD.

Why does everyone think RVD vs. Benoit would be such a great feud? RVD can barely wrestle a real match, and Benoit would have to carry him through the whole thing, force him to work a match rather than just a collection of spots (which would be pretty difficult), dictate the flow of the match, etc. etc. I would much rather see Benoit work with people that complement him in the ring (Austin, Angle, Rock, Jericho, etc.) than RVD.

Guest The Vanilla Midget

hogan made wrestling: have you been watching rvd matches lately without just automatically going into the tried and true smarkmode of rvd = spotmachine = bad?  his matches lately have not really been highspot orientated, and hell, he hasnt even used van-daminator in a fair while either.  he is no longer *just* doing spots, then spots, but rather he is building towards a single larger spot, namely the ***** frogsplash.  he has improved amazingly in his time in the wwf, and i think he and benoit would easily do ****+ and it would also be a fun match to watch for everybody.

admittedly im a total mark for rvd, but i think you are being overly harsh without giving the devil his dues so to speak.

back to the original point, i think a few weeks ago during his fued with taker, rvd had some awesome anger look going, and it actually looked real.  but i think they're wrong trying to get rvd looking pissed anyway, after all his gimick centres around his being totally laid back and *cool*.

Guest Brian

He doesn't do anything different to build to his frogsplash. He's just cut-down on spots he uses, but he's still working around spots.

Guest Tony149

Benoit would have to carry RVD in a wrestling match, but RVD would be able to use his highspots. I think a Benoit/RVD feud could be great.

I would also like to see Fonzie come back to manage RVD.

Guest Army Eye

First of all we've already seen Benoit vs. all those guys.  I'd like to see what Benoit could do with RVD.  Yes Benoit would have to carry the match but RVD is a more complete worker than he was in ECW and working with Benoit would only help him get even better

Guest Brian

RVD the smae worker minus a few spots and plus a bunch of punching and kicking. Don't kid yourselves.