TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Vigo

Madden 2005 Question

Anyone know how many teams you can create in this game? Like can I create enough teams to replace all the NFL teams in franchise mode?

I won't be doing it anymore after seeing that the create a team is like create a school in NCAA. I'll just relocate some of the teams in my franchise.

Guest Big_Jay101

Can you create expansion teams in your Franchise? When you create a new Uniform how do you put the logo on the helmet? Anyone Know?

Can you create expansion teams in your Franchise? When you create a new Uniform how do you put the logo on the helmet? Anyone Know?

I find they only allow generic logos on the helmets. So if I were to create a new Cardinals uniform, I'd have to use the generic Cardinal logo instead of the official Cards NFL logo. And you cannot create an expansion. You can only relocate, rebuild or renovate the stadiums/teams.

Guest Big_Jay101

Where do I find the logos in the create a uniform, I am speaking of just making another uniform for a real team, during franchise.

Where do I find the logos in the create a uniform, I am speaking of just making another uniform for a real team, during franchise.

Its not possible to put logos on the uniforms in the uniform modifier section of the Franchise. The only way to put logos on is if you relocate and changed the uniforms because of the move. There is no logo editor in Create-A-Uniform. You can only modify/change the logo if you create a team or relocate.

Here's another Madden '05 question -- I'm in my second year of franchise mode and each year I had to sim my Week 16 game. Whenever it would load it froze. Anyone else experience this?...

I can't say I've experienced that, only because I always played as opposed to simming.

I've never figured out why the EA games don't take advantage and do a CREATE A FRANCHISE mode. You know, a mode that allows you make an expansion franchise from the ground up.

I'd buy an EA NFL game again if I could get an expansion mode.

Here's another Madden '05 question -- I'm in my second year of franchise mode and each year I had to sim my Week 16 game. Whenever it would load it froze. Anyone else experience this?...

I can't say I've experienced that, only because I always played as opposed to simming.

I play the games, too. The problem is when I go to play my Week 16 game the screen freezes up when loading. I have to sim that game if I want to continue...

Ok, I need help with this game now. Apparently i'm apart of a season with a bunch of friends and I need to get good quick. Barring a Sports Training Montage, what's a good way to learn the in's and out's of this game?

The last time i played an NFL game was on the Genesis and i'd always win by constantly throwing hail mary's or fake punting. I realize that dosen't work on the new generation of 'realistic' Madden games so i need to learn strategy (i'm merely familiar with the basics of football, not a huge fan by any means).

I've been give the Patriots as my team to play with. Help this aspiring underdog.

Ok, I need help with this game now. Apparently i'm apart of a season with a bunch of friends and I need to get good quick. Barring a Sports Training Montage, what's a good way to learn the in's and out's of this game?

The last time i played an NFL game was on the Genesis and i'd always win by constantly throwing hail mary's or fake punting. I realize that dosen't work on the new generation of 'realistic' Madden games so i need to learn strategy (i'm merely familiar with the basics of football, not a huge fan by any means).

I've been give the Patriots as my team to play with. Help this aspiring underdog.

I suggest you mimic the real Patriots by wearing down defenses with a slow offense that simply moves the ball at will. Or just keep asking Madden.

Guest Vitamin X

If you ever expect to play human opponents, don't go with the constant ask a coach feature. Not a good idea.

If you're playing against other people, they probably have a group of cheesy plays that they'll run all the time to win. Learn to defend those plays. Also, I usually make sure to have a good secondary and keep at least one of the safties deep unless you're in a short-yardage situation.

Also, you used to win by running fake punts in the older Madden games? My one friend always did that -- running fake punts on fourth down -- it never worked for him, and he would have had a better chance just going for it on a "regular" formation/play...

Here's a good audible on defense that works to a good degree when I employ it: use fake blitzes (this audible brings EVERYBODY down) to scare your opponent into making a quick decision with his QB. When the QB snaps the ball, your defense returns to run the play you called in the first place, but your opponent won't have the time to figure that out.

Triangle to bring up "coverage audible" onto the screen, then press left on the D-Pad.

Here's a good audible on defense that works to a good degree when I employ it: use fake blitzes (this audible brings EVERYBODY down) to scare your opponent into making a quick decision with his QB. When the QB snaps the ball, your defense returns to run the play you called in the first place, but your opponent won't have the time to figure that out.

Triangle to bring up "coverage audible" onto the screen, then press left on the D-Pad.

Ok, i'm not too familiar with audibles. So I should pick a blitz play then call the audible as you mentioned, and my players will fall back in a throwing play defense formation?

If you ever expect to play human opponents, don't go with the constant ask a coach feature. Not a good idea.

Why not? If you have the talent to pull it off... I've not had any problems using Madden to pick my plays vs human opponents.